The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Pa. woman pleads guilty in womb attack

PITTSBURGH-A woman pleaded guilty Monday to attempted homicide, assault and kidnapping for trying to cut a fetus from her neighbor’s womb. Peggy Jo Conner, 39, was accused of plotting to steal Valerie Oskin’s baby and pass it off as her own. Both Oskin and the baby survived after a boy on an all-terrain vehicle spotted the two women in a clearing.

The plea came as Conner’s trial was to begin Monday.

“I think she wanted to take responsibility and have that going for her in the sentencing hearing,” Conner’s attorney, David J. DeFazio, told The Associated Press. “She is facing repercussions to her behavior but, given her options, I think she is satisfied.”

Authorities accused her of attacking Oskin on Oct. 13, 2005, with a baseball bat at her home, then driving her to a remote location and using a razor knife to cut her abdomen in an effort to remove her unborn baby.

The ATV rider who spotted the women told his father, who called authorities.

Oskin’s baby was delivered by emergency Caesarean section and was put up for adoption, which had been Oskin’s intention before she was attacked.

Conner pleaded guilty to attempted homicide, kidnapping and two counts of aggravated assault. She was initially charged with two counts of attempted homicide, but prosecutors withdrew the charge that alleged Conner intended to kill the unborn baby.

She remains in custody pending sentencing.

Under a plea agreement, a judge will determine Conner’s degree of guilt on the attempted homicide charge that applied to Oskin. If the judge determines Conner did not attempt first-degree murder, the attempted homicide charge will be dismissed, DeFazio said.

He said he believed that would leave her facing at least three years on the assault charge and nearly two years for kidnapping.

District Attorney Scott Andreassi did not return a phone call seeking comment.