UMass hockey competes hard, falls to No. 10 Providence College in overtime -

Overtime goal hands UMass hockey its 15th straight loss in regular season finale -

Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Summer work opportunities

By: Emily Reynolds

Summer is about to approach the students of UMass, and what better way to spend it than getting work experience in your field? Science majors of all kinds are looking for research projects to get their foot in the door. One student’s project made the UMass website for his achievement.

Earlier this week, UMass was proud to announce that sophomore biochemistry and molecular biology major, Eric Johnson, got a $3,000 grant to do research this summer for the American Society of Plant Biologists.

Students can also find research projects on their own. The National Science Foundation (NSF) funds 11,000 projects a year, and some of the funding goes to students who are working on their own or with a professor on research. The website for the foundation literally has an A to Z guide for projects funded in nearly all science and engineering fields.

As it is, the NSF gives close to $10 million in research funding to UMass already.

Created by the NSF, the U.S. Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF) has research projects and grants that are on a more global scale. The CRDF has research that can be in science, engineering or even the health field. All you have to do is look for the opportunity.

Of course, one of the best places to look for a research opportunity is by asking professors what they will be working on over the summer vacation.

Emily Reynolds can be reached at ereynold@student.umass.edu.