Gossip Girl is back, with a Vengeance

You better be wearing last season’s Prada bag as you hold your breath for the highly anticipated return of the CW’s Gossip Girl. That’s right, the epitome of outrageous, the show which is detailed in the lives of Manhattan’s elite teens, those who live on the prestigious Upper East Side, is back.

Unlimited use of Daddy’s fortune to splurge on private jets and designer clothes, complete with model-like appearances and plenty of underage drinking and bed-hopping, what could be better?

After an upsetting leak of information from the infamous Gossip Girl, the end of last season saw Blair (Leighton Meester) and Chuck (Ed Westwick) finally cinch their relationship status to the delight of fans around the country.

Blond bombshell Serena, played by Blake Lively, finally took matters into her own hands in an attempt to de-robe the seemingly anonymous Gossip Girl, but the tantalizing text-er maintained superiority by divulging secrets – as if there were any left untold – during the teen’s high school graduation.

The group comes together to realize that they have all had a hand in the tattle-tale-ing and that their lives would not have been the same without the constant reminder of scandals and secrets.       

The upcoming season of Gossip Girl, which premiered Monday night at 9 p.m., promises to show audiences all the fabulousity – and complications – of the character’s lives as most of them emerge from their sheltered high school days and move on to enjoy their college experience in the best playground anyone could ask for: New York City.

This season is sure to be juicier than ever before. While there’s rumors of a large occasion involving on-again, off-again partners Lily Van Der Woodsen and Rufus Humphrey (whose children, Serena and Dan, respectively, are – gasp – dating). Serena is expected to arrive back on the city scene in style after her European travels, as well as teen heartthrob Chace Chrawford, who portrays Nate.

Audiences are also predicting a heated battle between Blair Georgina (guest star Michelle Trachtenberg) as they begin their college career. And surely fans will be wondering how the appointment of Jenny (Taylor Momsen) as the new Queen Bee will turn out for the rest of the Constance Billard and St. Jude’s student body. There are also some rumored new additions to the cast, including Hilary Duff and Tyra Banks.

Elyse Horowitz contributed to this article.

James Barden can be reached at [email protected] Elyse Horowitz can be reached at [email protected].