UMass football can’t overcome four third quarter Mississippi State touchdowns, fall 47-35 Saturday -

UMass football’s fourth quarter comeback attempt falls short against Mississippi State Saturday -

Cyr: Despite improvement, UMass football still can’t capture first marquee FBS win -

MassPIRG kicks off for the fall semester -

UMass Resistance Studies Initiative hosts activist and author George Lakey -

UMass field hockey readies for tough tests against Stanford, Boston College -

Calling the shots: everything you need to know about the flu vaccine -

UMass assistant Professor speaks about oppression of American Indians -

Astronomy department head hosting sundial and sky-watching event -

UMass football looks to pull off upset against Mississippi State Saturday -

Cyr: Comis? Ford? Here’s how I would handle the UMass quarterback situation this weekend against Mississippi State -

An unofficial presidential debate drinking game for the unruly masses -

Stop sweating the small stuff -

In defense of being uncomfortable -

Please go to sleep -

VIDEO – ‘Life in the Dollhouse: Wes Anderson and the Dollhouse Aesthetic’ -

Student struck by car near UMass’ Mullins Center -

President Anthony Vitale and Vice President Nick Rampone anticipate productive year at SGA -

Symposium hosts discussion on safety for journalism students -

Andrew Ford, Ross Comis still battling for UMass football’s starting QB position -

News in Brief: Sunset Avenue fight leaves two injured

On Friday night, September 18, at 1:05 a.m. officers were dispatched to 213 Sunset Avenue to respond to what an Amherst Police Department release described as a “large scale disturbance.”

Upon arrival, officers determined that two young men had been assaulted there. It has not yet been determined what prompted the incident, according to the release.

One of the men had cuts and bruises. The second man sustained severe facial injuries and is undergoing treatment presently for what the release describes as injuries that are not life threatening. The release does not say where the man is being treated, and does not name the men because it is an ongoing investigation. The men are University of Massachusetts Amherst students.

The suspect in the incident is described as a college-aged white male with a brown Mohawk haircut.

The investigation is being handled by both the Amherst Police Department and the University of Massachusetts Police Department. Anyone who may have witnessed the assault is advised to call the Amherst Police at 413-259-3000 or the TIPLINE at 413-259-3344.

-Collegian Staff

4 Responses to “News in Brief: Sunset Avenue fight leaves two injured”
  1. umass alumni says:

Wow these kids need to grow up…going a little overboard on the drinking thing…cant wait till students go home…its much quieter when they are not around…

2. DreMan says:

“A college-aged male with a…Mohawk haircut?” Couldn’t they have saved copy in just calling him a tool?

3. LOL@alumni says:

Umass alumni,

Why do you choose to live in such a close proximity to 25,000 college students?

You are silly and illogical. It’s people like you that keep creating more nuisance laws that just make students lose more money that they don’t have.

Here’s a tip, go live somewhere(your in western mass im sure you can manage) where there aren’t a bunch of 18-23 year olds roaming the streets.

4. umass says:

There aren’t alumni that live there. They were URI students that started the fight so before trying to pretend like you know what happened get your facts straight.