UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

No. 13 Charlotte continues winning

The No. 13 Charlotte men’s soccer team in the Atlantic 10 conference continued its success this past weekend, when defender Nathan Mathers earned the nod from College Soccer News as part of the National Team of the Week.

Mathers and the 49ers (8-1-3, 2-0-1 A-10) competed this weekend against Saint Louis, which is right behind them in the A-10 conference standings. With this in mind, both teams looked to capitalize and move up the table. Charlotte outlasted the Billikens (7-5-0, 2-1-0 A-10) by a score of 2-1.

The 49ers showed their dominance early in the match, putting two goals into the back of the goal in the first half. Midfielder Luke Exley (sixth in the A-10 for goals and assists) scored his team’s first goal of the game. The second goal came from midfielder Adam Gross, who scored two goals in last weeks 6-0 beating over George Washington. Gross was on the College Soccer News’ National Team of the Week earlier this season.

Mathers is a part of Charlotte’s strong defense, which has allowed one goal in 410 minutes of play. The one goal was scored in the match against Saint Louis, put in by freshman Benny Estes.

Dayton on 8-game winning streak

After this past weekend, Dayton remains undefeated through A-10 conference play in the midst of its eight-game winning streak which includes five shutouts.

The latest match in this streak came on Oct. 18 when the Flyers (8-3-1, 3-0-0 A-10) took on Duquesne. Dayton scored both of its two goals before the 20th minute of the match.

Forward Peter Chilemena, who has five goals on the season, scored the Flyers’ first goal. He is now tied for sixth in the A-10 for goals scored. Senior Isaac Kissi struck two minutes later with a tally of his own.

Kissi, who was named Co-Player of the Week last week, leads Dayton with seven goals scored. With seven goals, Kissi sits at third place in the entire A-10 conference.

Defensively, the Flyers have proven to be quite successful as well. The match against the Dukes (6-5-2, 1-2-1 A-10) was the sixth shutout of the season. Five came in the last six games.

Season of woes continues for Saint Joseph’s

Unless Saint Joseph’s has a drastic turnaround this season, it will have a hard time getting out of the A-10 cellar. The latest loss came from a 2-0 shutout to Massachusetts.

The Hawks (0-11-0, 0-3-0 A-10) have been shutout seven times all season (four away, three home), and have allowed 34 goals to bypass their keeper into the back of the net.

Saint Joseph’s has scored four goals all season, the last of which coming in its Oct. 10 loss to Temple (2-1) in front of a record crowd of 609 people.

The schedule for Saint Joseph’s doesn’t show a bright side either, as it faces off with A-10 leader Fordham on Oct. 30, and No. 13 Charlotte a week later. Two days following the match against the nationally ranked 49ers, the Hawks will take on second-place Saint Louis.

Luckily for Saint Joseph’s, the matches against Charlotte and the Billikens will take place on its home pitch. The Hawks will look to elevate their game to try and come away with a victory this season.

Herb Scribner can be reached at hscribne@student.umass.edu.