UMass defense can’t stop late Toledo surge, Minutemen fall 42-35 -

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Michael Kimmel speaks to UMass students about ‘Guyland’ -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

UMass football looks for third straight win against Toledo on Saturday -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

‘Love is Strange’ is beautiful, painful and groundbreaking -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

White supremacy and settler colonialism at UMass -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

UMass hockey hopes first win will propel them past Hockey East rivals -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

UMass’ second line playing and succeeding with young talent early in the season. -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

‘The Good Wife’ returns as strong as ever -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Professor receives grant to cover massive election survey panel -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Unions rally over recent concession proposals -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

NFL Pick’em games return to the Massachusetts Daily Collegian -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

UMass celebrates Campus Sustainability Day -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

“Fury” falls just short of greatness -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Minutewomen look to continue their season in weekend game against Saint Bonaventure. -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

New meal plans receive mixed reviews from students -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

ISIS’s magazine is good for the West -

Thursday, October 23, 2014

UMass women’s soccer controls its own destiny as conference tournament approaches -

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

UMass soccer deploys new formation with Keys, Jess -

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

UMass calling on young swimmers to continue strong start to the year -

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WMU, Ohio, NIU pick up wins in busy MAC weekend -

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Letters to the editor: October 22, 2009

Zombies not looking to impress anyone

RE: “Chill out, HvZ players;” Dan Rahrig, October 20

Dear Editor,

In response to Dan Rahrig’s piece about Humans vs. Zombies players looking childish, I must say that I am not trying to impress anyone, including Dan Rahrig. I stopped caring what others thought of me many years ago; there will always be people who dislike or disapprove of me for one reason or another.

As for its alleged annoyance to others, I must say that I have encountered quite the contrary reaction. There has not been a day that has passed during which I have not been approached by genuinely intrigued students and professors asking me to explain the game to them. Indeed, during the ambushes I have been subjected to, I have noticed many a bystander watching the epic battles with rapt attention. Even the prospective students who walked us passed at the Student Union with smiles on their faces were probably happy to find out that there were activities to break the monotony of studying.

I leave you readers with this last opinion. HvZ is a great week and a half of reckless abandonment, and is a fun way to relieve some of the stresses of college life. It also doubles as way to bring people together who otherwise probably would never have met due to the enormity of our school.

And by the way Dan, our chant goes: “What do we want? Brains! When do we want them? Brains!”

Nicholas Katz

UMass Student

Where’s the paper?

Dear Editor,

I arrived early to campus on Friday, so I had some time to kill before my first class. After vigorously hitting the refresh button numerous time on every web forum I could think of, I decided to read “The Collegian.” I walked into the Marcus Atrium to grab a copy, but there were none to be found. Luckily, my class was in Lederle, so, after perilously making my way through the death trap that is New Dirt, I made it to the lobby of LGRC. Much to my dismay, instead of copies of “The Collegian,” the lobby was littered only with those advertisement inserts that nobody cares about. I then proceeded to the LGRC Addition, where, unsurprisingly, I could only find a couple week-old copies. I was now on a mission. I made my way up to Worcester Dining Commons, where I finally found a copy of “The Collegian.” It was at that point that I realized the DC also carries “The Boston Globe,” so I decided to take a copy of that instead. My decision was in vain, though, seeing as by the time I made it back to LGRC I was late for my class.

So, I have to ask, why isn’t “The Collegian” being distributed? I have my own suspicions, but they involve the worth of the paper stock decreasing after the Collegian’s been printed on it. Why are there no copies of “The Collegian” in Marcus? Or LGRC? For that matter, why are there none in North? Last year, I was able to pick up a copy every morning when I left my apartment. I would suspect you’re trying to reduce waste by reducing circulation, but that doesn’t mean you should go from delivering palettes to North one year to delivering none the next.

Alan R Levin

UMass Student