UMass Dining app wins prestigious award -

Notebook: UMass men’s basketball coach Derek Kellogg ready to move on from Fordham loss, impressed with Rashaan Holloway’s improvement -

Creating realistic resolutions -

I love football, but injuries mar the game -

State funding restored for Amherst homeless shelter -

UMass swimming and diving pushing theme of intensity as regular season draws to a close -

UMass club hockey falls to NYU 3-2 in first game back from vacation -

The beauty of Birthright -

UMass women’s track and field victorious, men fifth at Joe Donahue Indoor Games -

Seven fashion in film moments -

UMass professor wins big on ‘Jeopardy!’ -

SGA president selects new vice president -

UMass women’s basketball blows 15 point fourth quarter lead, loses in double overtime to George Washington -

Cyr: Expectations for UMass men’s basketball remain consistent throughout 2016-17 season -

The death penalty is not the answer -

Donald Trump is gutting journalism with his Twitter -

Winter break’s most overlooked releases -

Hardly anything in ‘Rogue One’ scores a direct hit -

Nineteen turnovers sink UMass men’s basketball in loss to Fordham Saturday -

SJU gets back to winning

The Saint Joseph’s field hockey team got back in the win column on Sunday with a 3-1 victory at conference rival West Chester.

The Hawks (6-8, 3-1 Atlantic 10) got the scoring started on a penalty corner about 10 minutes into the game. Senior Anne Schreuders put the ball in play to sophomore Teresa Testa who put the ball in the goal to give St. Joe’s a 1-0 lead. It was Testa’s second-consecutive game with a goal.

About mid-way through the first half, Testa set up another Hawks goal when she passed the ball to junior Hannah Rodgers, who finished the play to extend her team’s lead to 2-0. With eight minutes, 46 seconds left in the first half, Hawks senior Kellie Walter tallied an unassisted goal to give her team a 3-0 advantage.

West Chester (8-9, 3-2 A-10) got on the board with five minutes left in the half when Alyssa Gallen got a shot past Hawks keeper Kelley Swanick to make the score 3-1. Swanick made three saves on the day for St. Joseph’s while West Chester keeper Joelle Zarefoss finished with four.

Temple wins at home against La Salle

Temple’s Bridget Settles scored the only goal of the game against La Salle at about the 10 minute mark of the second half to ensure a 1-0 victory.

With the win, the Owls (6-11, 2-2 A-10) are currently in fourth place in the conference with the tournament right around the corner.

The teams played to a stalemate in the first half, and neither generated much in the way of offense as the play was highly concentrated around the center third of the field. The Explorers had the only penalty corner of the frame but couldn’t capitalize on the opportunity.

The Owls cracked La Salle goalie Emma Ruth early in the second half on a penalty corner of their own.

Off the inbounds pass, senior Mandi Ruth stopped the ball at the top of the circle for fellow senior Charlise Young. The midfielder opted for another pass over a shot and dished the ball to Settles who fired a shot home that deflected off the goalie. Solid defense won out for both teams for the remainder for the game as it ended in a 1-0 decision.

Drew Morrison can be reached at ajmorris@student.umass.edu.