Environmental journalists face challenges under Trump administration -

An open letter to the students of UMass -

Pat Kelsey informs UMass AD Ryan Bamford of change of heart just 35 minutes before scheduled press conference -

Past and present UMass football players participate in 2017 Pro Day Thursday -

Pat Kelsey reportedly backs down from UMass men’s basketball coaching position -

Students react to new fence around Townehouses -

‘Do You Have The Right To Do Drugs?’ debate held in Bowker Auditorium -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to build on three-game winning streak against Brown -

UMass softball riding five-game win streak into first Atlantic 10 showdown -

Sanzo: Inability to win close games has hurt UMass baseball -

Hannah Murphy scores 100th career goal in UMass women’s lacrosse 16-9 win over Harvard -

Old age does no harm to indie rock legends The Feelies -

A track-by-track breakdown of Drake’s new project -

When a president lies -

Let them eat steak, and other gender norms I hate -

Dissecting Science: Episode Two -

Holy Cross 10-run eighth inning sinks UMass baseball -

UMass students react to Spring Concert lineup -

Letter: Vote yes for Amherst -

You don’t have to walk alone -

SJU gets back to winning

The Saint Joseph’s field hockey team got back in the win column on Sunday with a 3-1 victory at conference rival West Chester.

The Hawks (6-8, 3-1 Atlantic 10) got the scoring started on a penalty corner about 10 minutes into the game. Senior Anne Schreuders put the ball in play to sophomore Teresa Testa who put the ball in the goal to give St. Joe’s a 1-0 lead. It was Testa’s second-consecutive game with a goal.

About mid-way through the first half, Testa set up another Hawks goal when she passed the ball to junior Hannah Rodgers, who finished the play to extend her team’s lead to 2-0. With eight minutes, 46 seconds left in the first half, Hawks senior Kellie Walter tallied an unassisted goal to give her team a 3-0 advantage.

West Chester (8-9, 3-2 A-10) got on the board with five minutes left in the half when Alyssa Gallen got a shot past Hawks keeper Kelley Swanick to make the score 3-1. Swanick made three saves on the day for St. Joseph’s while West Chester keeper Joelle Zarefoss finished with four.

Temple wins at home against La Salle

Temple’s Bridget Settles scored the only goal of the game against La Salle at about the 10 minute mark of the second half to ensure a 1-0 victory.

With the win, the Owls (6-11, 2-2 A-10) are currently in fourth place in the conference with the tournament right around the corner.

The teams played to a stalemate in the first half, and neither generated much in the way of offense as the play was highly concentrated around the center third of the field. The Explorers had the only penalty corner of the frame but couldn’t capitalize on the opportunity.

The Owls cracked La Salle goalie Emma Ruth early in the second half on a penalty corner of their own.

Off the inbounds pass, senior Mandi Ruth stopped the ball at the top of the circle for fellow senior Charlise Young. The midfielder opted for another pass over a shot and dished the ball to Settles who fired a shot home that deflected off the goalie. Solid defense won out for both teams for the remainder for the game as it ended in a 1-0 decision.

Drew Morrison can be reached at ajmorris@student.umass.edu.