Veterans Advocacy Services cancels event celebrating Hampshire College flag victory -

UMass women’s basketball team can’t recover from sluggish start in 65-55 loss to George Mason -

‘Loving’ is simple, honest and a rare beauty -

Trump’s victory is unsurprising in racist America -

Capitalism must be fixed, not replaced -

Three-point shooting sinks UMass women’s basketball in loss to George Mason -

Use words to describe, not diminish -

Student sport organization holds video game tournament to raise money for scholarship -

‘Hacksaw Ridge’ starts slow but escalates quickly -

UMass hockey fails to generate scoring chances in 3-0 loss to Notre Dame Saturday -

UMass men’s basketball shooting woes continue as the Minutemen fall 65-62 to UCF -

Despite poor shooting performance, UMass men’s basketball shows improvement on defensive end -

Notebook: Ty Flowers shines in UMass men’s basketball’s loss to UCF Saturday -

Ray Pigozzi shines in first game back for the UMass hockey team since November 4 -

UMass starts hot, finishes strong in upset win over No. 12 Notre Dame -

SGA vice president will resign at the end of the semester -

Raise the Flag protestors praise -

Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass student struck by car off Commonwealth Avenue Tuesday

A freshman at the University of Massachusetts was struck by a car crossing Commonwealth Avenue Tuesday evening, receiving what authorities described as non-life-threatening injuries.

Deputy Police Chief Patrick Archbald told reporters Wednesday that Allison L. Ingraham, 18, a freshman music major from Belchertown, Mass., was in the middle of a crosswalk near the end of the Mullins Center closest to Southwest walking across towards the new recreation center when she was hit by a southbound vehicle at 6:22 p.m., according to a UMPD report.

The driver of the vehicle in the incident was identified as Kaitlyn E. Medeiros, an 18-year-old from New Bedford. Medeiros has not been charged or issued any citations, but the investigation is ongoing.

Ingraham was transported by the Amherst Fire Department to Northampton’s Cooley-Dickinson Hospital, where she was treated and released.

Medeiros, who was traveling in the left-hand lane and also headed towards Southwest, continued into the crosswalk although, according to reports, other cars had stopped for pedestrians.

Ingraham, who is a member of the UMass Marching Band, appears to have been returning to the academic area of campus from the intramural fields past the recreation center and on the right side of the street.

Commonwealth Avenue and Massachusetts Avenue, both of which are four-lane roads, have appeared problematic for both pedestrians and drivers in recent years. Numerous incidents have occurred in the past along the same strip of road, including an accident in October, 2008, where an Isenberg School of Management graduate student was struck and tossed by a vehicle, and a 1999 accident in which a female student was killed.

-Collegian Staff