Environmental journalists face challenges under Trump administration -

An open letter to the students of UMass -

Pat Kelsey informs UMass AD Ryan Bamford of change of heart just 35 minutes before scheduled press conference -

Past and present UMass football players participate in 2017 Pro Day Thursday -

Pat Kelsey reportedly backs down from UMass men’s basketball coaching position -

Students react to new fence around Townehouses -

‘Do You Have The Right To Do Drugs?’ debate held in Bowker Auditorium -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to build on three-game winning streak against Brown -

UMass softball riding five-game win streak into first Atlantic 10 showdown -

Sanzo: Inability to win close games has hurt UMass baseball -

Hannah Murphy scores 100th career goal in UMass women’s lacrosse 16-9 win over Harvard -

Old age does no harm to indie rock legends The Feelies -

A track-by-track breakdown of Drake’s new project -

When a president lies -

Let them eat steak, and other gender norms I hate -

Dissecting Science: Episode Two -

Holy Cross 10-run eighth inning sinks UMass baseball -

UMass students react to Spring Concert lineup -

Letter: Vote yes for Amherst -

You don’t have to walk alone -

UMass student struck by car off Commonwealth Avenue Tuesday

A freshman at the University of Massachusetts was struck by a car crossing Commonwealth Avenue Tuesday evening, receiving what authorities described as non-life-threatening injuries.

Deputy Police Chief Patrick Archbald told reporters Wednesday that Allison L. Ingraham, 18, a freshman music major from Belchertown, Mass., was in the middle of a crosswalk near the end of the Mullins Center closest to Southwest walking across towards the new recreation center when she was hit by a southbound vehicle at 6:22 p.m., according to a UMPD report.

The driver of the vehicle in the incident was identified as Kaitlyn E. Medeiros, an 18-year-old from New Bedford. Medeiros has not been charged or issued any citations, but the investigation is ongoing.

Ingraham was transported by the Amherst Fire Department to Northampton’s Cooley-Dickinson Hospital, where she was treated and released.

Medeiros, who was traveling in the left-hand lane and also headed towards Southwest, continued into the crosswalk although, according to reports, other cars had stopped for pedestrians.

Ingraham, who is a member of the UMass Marching Band, appears to have been returning to the academic area of campus from the intramural fields past the recreation center and on the right side of the street.

Commonwealth Avenue and Massachusetts Avenue, both of which are four-lane roads, have appeared problematic for both pedestrians and drivers in recent years. Numerous incidents have occurred in the past along the same strip of road, including an accident in October, 2008, where an Isenberg School of Management graduate student was struck and tossed by a vehicle, and a 1999 accident in which a female student was killed.

-Collegian Staff