Ray Pigozzi shines in first game back for the UMass hockey team since November 4 -

UMass starts hot, finishes strong in upset win over No. 12 Notre Dame -

SGA vice president will resign at the end of the semester -

Raise the Flag protestors praise -

Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass women’s basketball falls to Hartford, snaps three-game winning streak -

Brison Gresham makes long awaited debut for UMass men’s basketball -

UMass hockey hosts No. 12 Notre Dame in Hockey East doubleheader -

UMass men’s basketball picks up fourth straight win as it tops Wagner Wednesday night at Mullins Center -

UMass hockey gets chance to bond during trip to Belfast -

The true backbone of America -

Letter: Craig’s Place to fight against fatal budget cuts -

Enduring the 2016 Tower Run at Du Bois Library -

C.J. Anderson, Malik Hines each have career nights in UMass men’s basketball’s win over Wagner -

Panelists talk about their experiences with incarceration in the Feinberg Lecture Series -

Suzanne Fenton discusses the effects of early life chemical exposure -

Christmas tree farmers discuss effects of New England drought on their harvest -

UMass men’s basketball’s frontcourt looks to build on solid start to season -

Crime Log (Nov. 6-8)

Friday Nov. 6

Shashank Chandra of 124 Laurie Ave. West Roxbury, Mass., was arrested near the intersection of Commonwealth Ave. and Massachusetts Ave. as a result of failure to stop at the traffic light at 2:46 a.m. The arresting officer detected the smell of alcohol and saw the driver’s bloodshot eyes. The officer ordered Chandra to perform field sobriety tests, all of which were failed.

Michael Pracella of 63 Shandel Dr. Tewksbury, Mass., was arrested on Route 9 near Chili’s as a result of a traffic stop at 1:39 p.m. Pracella was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Alexander R. Mullins of 51 Burget Ave. Medford, Mass., and Patrick R. Bonner of 20 Hastings Ln. Medford, Mass., were arrested at 6:12 p.m. due to reportedly suspicious activity. Mullins was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21, and Bonner was charged with intent to sell/ deliver liquor to a person under the age of 21.

David Connelly of 28 Franklin Rodgers Rd. Hingham, Mass., and Jason Cerilli of 52A Canterbury St. Hingham, Mass., were arrested in Lot 33 West of University Dr. at 7:12 p.m. Both were charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Saturday Nov. 7
Katelyn Mary Gralinski of 57 Mount Warner Rd. Hadley, Mass., was arrested as a result of a traffic stop on North Pleasant St. at 1:11 a.m. She was charged with speeding, operating a motor vehicle without insurance, and operating with suspended registration.

Samuel A. Smith of 15 Heroult Rd. Worcester, Mass., was arrested in John Quincy Adams Hall at 2:18 a.m. While inside the hall, a student security guard recognized Smith as having a restraining order that prevented him from being inside the building. The guard called the UMPD, who arrested Smith. He was charged with disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, and violating his restraining order.

Colton James Buckley of 379 Lowell St. Peabody, Mass., was arrested as a result of a traffic stop on Infirmary Way at 8:49 p.m. Buckley was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21 and possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle.

Boone Jeremy Gibson of 1196 Highland St. Holliston, Mass., was arrested as a result of liquor law violations in Lot 33 West of University Dr. at 9:45 p.m. Gibson was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

John Joseph Paterwic of 46 Hemlock Hill Rd. West Springfield, Mass., was arrested on Lincoln Ave at 11:32. He was charged with disorderly conduct.

Sunday Nov. 8

Anthony Robinson of 280 North Warren Ave. Brockton, Mass., was arrested for suspicious activity in John Quincy Adams Hall at 12:45 a.m. A resident assistant on the 4th floor of the building approached the cadet on duty and reported Robinson refusing to leave. Robinson fled the building, attempting to evade arrest. He was arrested outside of John Quincy Adams and charged with trespassing.

Rebecca L. Tobey of 318 Harkness Rd. Amherst, Mass., was arrested as a result of a traffic stop on Thatcher Rd. at 2:45 a.m. The arresting officer saw Tobey speeding and followed her. The officer observed her cross both the solid white and yellow lines on Thatcher Rd and ordered her to pull the car over. After performing a sobriety test, Tobey was found to have a blood alcohol level of .19 and was charged with speeding, violating marked lanes, and OUI.

Malcolm C. Lahage of 474 Spring St. Marshfield, Mass., was arrested for reportedly suspicious person or activity in Brett Hall at 8:47 p.m. Lahage was arrested for trespassing.