Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Ames: If first four games are any indicator, this UMass hockey season could differ for the better -

Josh Couturier looks to find where he fits within UMass lineup -

The straw man fallacy: missing the point on Indigenous Peoples Day -

Power to the Thin Mint: improve the Girls Scouts program -

‘Blade Runner 2049’ has a lot of ideas that it fails to develop -

Early season challenge awaits for UMass hockey in weekend set with Ohio State -

UMass Professor Barbara Krauthamer receives award from Association of Black Women Historians -

Big D and the Kids Table to bring adult language to NoHo

Boston’s Big D and the Kids Table will be taking the stage at Pearl Street in Northampton for the first time in several years tonight.

Joining the ska-punk band will be three other bands: illScarlett from Ontario, Canada, The Stereo State (formerly known as FiveAcrossTheEyes) from Holyoke, Mass., and Skasome Society from Westfield, Mass.

The show will be one of Big D’s few ventures into the western half of Massachusetts in the last couple of years. The band typically plays in and around Boston and is very widely known for their energetic Boston pride song “LAX,” in which they manage to angrily drop the F-bomb 26 times.

Big D and the Kids Table’s July 2009 release, “Fluent in Stroll,” brought along a lineup change in addition to a few new female singers who are now touring with the band. The departure of former drummer Jon Reilly brought about the addition of Derek Davis from Lenox to the band. Davis’ drumming style fits perfectly with Big D’s new dub-infused sound.

The songs on “Fluent in Stroll” feature lyrics drawn, in some cases identically, from singer Dave McWane’s poetry. McWane released a collection of poetry, prose and lyrics called “The Gypsy Mile” in 2007.

At first, illScarlett’s sound is typical white-boy-with-dread-locks reggae-infused ska. Singer Alex Norman’s voice sounds like something you’ve heard before, but can’t pinpoint exactly where, and the music doesn’t sound particularly unique either. His voice grows on the listener, though, and as you listen, you pick up on those little things that make music enjoyable. It has flow to it, and will complement Big D’s new sound nicely.

Holyoke, Mass.’s, The Stereo State has been making music and performing regularly for the last decade. Previously known as FiveAcrossTheEyes, the band’s sound has changed some from its former hardcore-with-just-a-sprinkle-of-a-hip-hop-vibe to a slightly more refined, melodic, purely hardcore punk sound.

Skasome Society, featuring two University of Massachusetts students, is preparing for the release of their first full-length album, “PC4PC.” It will be their first release since an EP the band put out in the spring of 2008. The new release sounds much more professional and shows how the band has grown and matured since its inception. Skasome recorded “PC4PC” over the summer and plans to release it during the month of December.

If you bought your ticket in advance, you likely only paid $12.50 for it. Tickets are $15 at the door. Make sure you catch the B43 no later than 6 p.m. because the show starts at 7 p.m.

Ellie Rulon-Miller can be reached at erulonmi@student.umass.edu.