UMass hosts William A. Douglass for lecture and chair in Basque cultural studies -

Amherst Select Board discusses imposing fines on those who violate water usage ban -

UMass tennis opens season on high note with performance at Brown Invitational -

UMass women’s soccer using long break to prepare for Atlantic 10 play -

Notebook: Ford ‘takes step forward,’ Williams appears on SportsCenter -

UMass cross country and track and field coach Ken O’Brien hits half century mark with program -

A-10 soccer notebook: Duquesne shuts out Robert Morris 1-0 to win fourth straight -

The blue light situation: When is enough, enough? -

Survivor; awesome yet evil -

A ‘Mirror’ into Clinton’s campaign -

UMass a cappella groups S#arp Attitude and The Hexachord’s on ‘Sing It On’ television series -

‘Through the Photographer’s Eyes’ exhibit highlights photojournalism in today’s media -

Designer collaborations steal the show at New York Fashion Week SS17 -

Massachusetts drought heavily impacts local agriculture -

UMass Soccer earns second win of season in 3-2 victory over Hartford -

‘Morris from America’ explores teen angst and the struggles of growing up -

‘Hell or High Water’ an intense, morally ambiguous modern Western -

UMass field hockey hangs tough, falls to No. 18 Stanford -

Read: You won’t regret it -

Racism in the LGBTQ community -

Big D and the Kids Table to bring adult language to NoHo

Boston’s Big D and the Kids Table will be taking the stage at Pearl Street in Northampton for the first time in several years tonight.

Joining the ska-punk band will be three other bands: illScarlett from Ontario, Canada, The Stereo State (formerly known as FiveAcrossTheEyes) from Holyoke, Mass., and Skasome Society from Westfield, Mass.

The show will be one of Big D’s few ventures into the western half of Massachusetts in the last couple of years. The band typically plays in and around Boston and is very widely known for their energetic Boston pride song “LAX,” in which they manage to angrily drop the F-bomb 26 times.

Big D and the Kids Table’s July 2009 release, “Fluent in Stroll,” brought along a lineup change in addition to a few new female singers who are now touring with the band. The departure of former drummer Jon Reilly brought about the addition of Derek Davis from Lenox to the band. Davis’ drumming style fits perfectly with Big D’s new dub-infused sound.

The songs on “Fluent in Stroll” feature lyrics drawn, in some cases identically, from singer Dave McWane’s poetry. McWane released a collection of poetry, prose and lyrics called “The Gypsy Mile” in 2007.

At first, illScarlett’s sound is typical white-boy-with-dread-locks reggae-infused ska. Singer Alex Norman’s voice sounds like something you’ve heard before, but can’t pinpoint exactly where, and the music doesn’t sound particularly unique either. His voice grows on the listener, though, and as you listen, you pick up on those little things that make music enjoyable. It has flow to it, and will complement Big D’s new sound nicely.

Holyoke, Mass.’s, The Stereo State has been making music and performing regularly for the last decade. Previously known as FiveAcrossTheEyes, the band’s sound has changed some from its former hardcore-with-just-a-sprinkle-of-a-hip-hop-vibe to a slightly more refined, melodic, purely hardcore punk sound.

Skasome Society, featuring two University of Massachusetts students, is preparing for the release of their first full-length album, “PC4PC.” It will be their first release since an EP the band put out in the spring of 2008. The new release sounds much more professional and shows how the band has grown and matured since its inception. Skasome recorded “PC4PC” over the summer and plans to release it during the month of December.

If you bought your ticket in advance, you likely only paid $12.50 for it. Tickets are $15 at the door. Make sure you catch the B43 no later than 6 p.m. because the show starts at 7 p.m.

Ellie Rulon-Miller can be reached at erulonmi@student.umass.edu.