Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Ames: If first four games are any indicator, this UMass hockey season could differ for the better -

Josh Couturier looks to find where he fits within UMass lineup -

The straw man fallacy: missing the point on Indigenous Peoples Day -

Power to the Thin Mint: improve the Girls Scouts program -

‘Blade Runner 2049’ has a lot of ideas that it fails to develop -

Early season challenge awaits for UMass hockey in weekend set with Ohio State -

UMass Professor Barbara Krauthamer receives award from Association of Black Women Historians -

The global warming hoax

The fun we’ve all been having pretending global warming exists may be coming to a close, after some of the most influential scientists and academics behind it have been caught discussing fudging data via e-mail to hide global cooling this past week.

For those unaware, last week, computer hackers obtained e-mails from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia. The authors of these e-mails are scientists and academics that have made a contribution to the world’s climate change debate as they have worked with the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

The e-mails seemed to have a general theme; the authors involved know that the global warming argument is flimsy at best and they need to deceive others into buying their theory. One of the e-mails published by the Washington Post said outright, “We can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t.”

The way that translates to me is: “There is global cooling going on and it’s a shame because we have spent a lot of time and money trying to prove there is global warming.”

There is plenty more in the e-mail bag where that came from. An e-mail published in a British Newspaper called The Guardian read, “I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature (a science journal) trick of adding in the real temps to face each series for the last 20 years (from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.”

That e-mail shows the burning desire these scientists have to keep the global warming myth going even though data shows, as I have written before, that the world is undergoing global cooling. They are trying to deceive us. They are even willing to use “tricks” in order to change data to better serve their purposes. This is not what scientists are supposed to be doing. Hiding data from other scientists or twisting data does not help researchers accomplish anything. But there is no evidence to suggest humans are causing climate change and these people know it, so this is what they have been doing.

We are all hurt by the actions of these scientists who continue to insist that the theory of global warming is factual. For one, we’ve all clearly been lied to. Global warming has been rammed down our throats for years in classrooms and in the media. Most people don’t even consider it a theory anymore, it is simply accepted as reality. Even more importantly, liberal politicians also take man-made global warming as fact. We constantly hear warnings of the need to do something now or else the world is going to burn. Liberals are now making their best effort to help global warming enthusiasts.

I’m talking about the cap-and-trade bill that is going to be pushed by liberals in our government in the coming year. The bill is designed solely with the purpose of stopping man-made climate change. The plan is to use cap-and-trade to significantly reduce carbon emissions in this country because the current belief is that these carbon emissions are causing global warming. The problems with this though, are three fold.

For one, carbon emissions haven’t been proven to cause global warming. We know this because the earth is cooling while simultaneously the world’s carbon emissions have risen. Second, the taxes that are going to be imposed via the current projected cap-and-trade bill amount to approximately $600 billion in higher energy taxes. During an economic downturn, families can hardly afford the price of electricity and gasoline, but that is precisely what would worsen as a consequence of this bill. In addition to this, if our government passes this bill but doesn’t get the other nations around the world to agree to impose similar cap-and-trade rules, our already struggling domestic businesses will be put at yet another disadvantage in the global market. Outsourcing is entirely possible as a result of this bill if firms find that it will be cheaper to operate in other countries than it is in America. Our government forcing jobs to leave our shores is the last thing we need right now.

That’s why the details from all of these e-mails matter. The global warming issue is not just a joke being thrown around at coffee shops by liberals with their Macintosh laptops. The belief in global warming has real world consequences because nations around the world are considering the creation of major laws to make sure humans are not causing climate change. If our government moves forward with a cap-and-trade bill, all of us are going to be hit with higher taxes every time we go to the pump and every time we flick a light switch. And for what? The science is flawed and everyone who is doing the research can see that – including the people who are pushing it on us. If global warming can’t be proven, let’s stop pretending it does.

Alex Perry is a Collegian Columnist. He can be reached at amperry@student.umass.edu.

6 Responses to “The global warming hoax”
  1. Ed says:

These emails are going to do to Global Warming what Rachael Carlson did to DDT….

Seriously.

2. Ben Duffy says:

“Most people don’t even consider it a theory anymore, it is simply accepted as reality.”

Not true, Alex. The idea of man-made global warming is not getting the traction it used to. As people wake up to the fraud and deceit that has driven this debate, fewer and fewer people are willing to accept Al Gore’s religion.

Only 36% of Americans believe that global warming is caused by humans.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1386/cap-and-trade-global-warming-opinion

More Americans believe in haunted houses than in man-made global warming. Only slightly more Americans believe in man-made global warming than in UFO’s. In fact, I think that some of the main proponents of the theory may have been abducted by UFO’s and had intrusive medical examinations conducted on them!

Interestingly, only 57% of Americans believe that there is solid evidence that the globe is warming at all, regardless of whether humans are the cause or not.

People aren’t buying it, nor should they. These emails are proof that “the world’s leading climate scinetists” have been faking it for quite some time. If the data don’t fit the theory, then get new data! Hide the data, massage the data, destroy the data if anyone asks to see it!

This is not science. Science is done out in the open, illuminated by the light of day.

3. Spooky Mulder says:

These e-mails explain why it’s 50 degrees in december.

You’re right, Mr. Perry, and so is Glen Beck and Mr. Bill O’Reilly.

Aliens exist.

4. Alex Perry says:

well Ben i agree with you. i shouldve said “amongst liberals” or “in massachusetts” something like that. it seems like everyone around here.

im glad not everyone is buying in because they shouldnt.

lets just hope cap-and-trade doesnt get passed.

5. Spooky Mulder says:

What?! It’s 65 degrees in December?!? There can be no such thing as global warming because Bill O’Reilly said so!

6. ben says:

I really feel sorry for you alex. A bunch of my friends were making fun of your articles today at lunch, and I decided that I HAD to read them. You are a misinformed, delusional, angry, and potentially dangerous person, and even though you have the right to print your articles, it is a disservice to our democracy and society.
    Where do you get your information? From your parents? Glen Beck? O’reilly? Palin? Do you believe in Death Panels? Ghosts? the Bible? Are you one of those guys who doesn’t believe that Barack is a US citizen? Do you think evolution is a hoax too?
    I’ve read a bunch of your articles, and you’re too young to be so hateful and ignorant and blind and intolerant.
    You should read more, check out other columnists, other news shows, other perspectives.
    It’s very sad that you feel this way.
    Send me an email if you want to explain yourself more.