Captain Steve Iacobellis scores, but UMass hockey can’t find its offensive rhythm in 3-1 loss to UConn -

Minutemen can’t get offense going early in 3-1 loss at Connecticut -

Demonstrators issue demands at Board of Trustees meeting as Woolridge announces resignation from post of chairman -

UMass men’s basketball shows improvement in 3-point shooting. -

UMass men’s basketball cruises to a victory over Pacific behind a strong second half -

UMass Divest and proponents of sanctuary campus will not be allowed to speak at Board of Trustees meeting -

Former political prisoner to speak on human rights and prison experience -

UMass men’s basketball using late-game situations as learning opportunities for remainder of season -

UMass men’s basketball kicks off Gotham Classic at home against Pacific -

UMass hockey looks to continue recent improvements against Connecticut -

UMass hockey team confident in game plan despite UConn’s constant change in net -

UMass women’s basketball falls apart in the fourth quarter in 71-55 loss to Hofstra -

It’s been a long year -

A return to the collapse of 2008 -

Mindfulness in, and in spite of, a technological age -

Beer, bets and pool: a High Horse unofficial review -

Don’t let winter stop you from running outside -

BREAKING: Train allegedly strikes pedestrian in Amherst -

Campus Climate survey shows strong response -

Jennifer Carlson gives talk on race and gun law enforcement -

Crime Log Jan. 14-20

Crime Log for Jan. 14 – Jan. 20

Modesto A. Montero of 130 Pulaski Blvd., Bellingham, Mass., was arrested Saturday, Jan. 16 at 1:45 a.m. on North Pleasant St. as a result of a traffic stop. Montero was pulled over when a police officer noticed him speeding and crossing over marked traffic lanes. Once stopped, the arresting officer noticed signs of Montero being under the influence of alcohol. Montero was charged with violating marked traffic lanes, and operating under the influence of alcohol.

Alexis M. Mongo of 14 Bussey St., Dedham, Mass., was arrested Sunday, Jan. 17 at 12:24 a.m. on North Pleasant St as a result of a traffic stop. Mongo was pulled over when the arresting officer noticed Mongo crossing over marked traffic lanes. Mongo was charged with violating marked traffic lanes, and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.

Sean T. Sullivan of 51 Woodbridge Ter., South Hadley, Mass., was arrested Sunday Jan. 17 at 2:22 a.m. on Massachusetts Ave. as a result of a traffic stop. The arresting officer viewed Sullivan crossing over the marked traffic lanes. When pulled over, the UMPD officer noticed signs of Sullivan being under the influence of a substance. Sullivan was charged with violating marked traffic lanes, and operating under the influence of alcohol.

Peter Paul Douglas of 50 J. Faber Hts., 04-70 Singapore, was arrested Wednesday Jan. 20 on North Pleasant St, by Mark’s Meadow, as a result of a  traffic stop. Douglas was viewed by the arresting officer speeding as well as violating marked traffic lanes. When the officer attempted to pull Douglas over, he failed to stop for police until forced to the side of the road. Once pulled over, the officer believed Douglas to be under the influence of a substance. Douglas was charged with speeding, violating marked traffic lanes, recklessly operating of a motor vehicle, failure to stop for police and operating under the influence of alcohol.

2 Responses to “Crime Log Jan. 14-20”
  1. jwzalesky says:

Nice job getting these DRUNKS off the road.

What students??

2. jw says:

Wow! those “marked” lanes make people really swerve a lot!