Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

UMass Board of Trustees approves rise in tuition, student fees -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Former Minutewoman Quianna Diaz-Patterson named to Puerto Rican national softball team -

UMass rowing’s Jim Dietz inducted into CRCA Hall of Fame -

Jury selection begins Monday in second gang rape trial -

Monday, June 15, 2015

Students turn attention to state legislators as decision on UMass budget looms -

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alumna and next director of Brooklyn Museum Anne Pasternak ‘created her own path’ -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

UMass graduate crowned head of 600-year-old Indian kingdom -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Committee recommends UMass increase tuition, student fees for in-state undergraduates -

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dukes roll past Bonnies, Owls route Rams

Sophomore Melquan Bolding drilled a 3-point basket with 3.4 seconds remaining to lift Duquesne over visiting St. Bonaventure 70-69 on Saturday. Bolding was the third highest scorer for the Dukes on the night, draining 14 points.

Junior forward Damian Saunders and sophomore guard Eric Evans scored 15 points apiece to pace the Dukes. Saunders was injured with 10:56 to go, but returned to the game to assist the game-winning bucket, also leading the Dukes with nine boards.

Defense was important for the Dukes throughout the game, as they forced 16 turnovers, and junior Bill Clark took a charge down the stretch that gave the ball back to the Dukes with 40.2 remaining, who were down a field goal. Clark, a junior, also added 10 points in 23 minutes.

Duquesne was up 15 with seconds left in the first half, but the Bonnies battled back to make the game close in the final moments.

Sophomore Andrew Nicholson led St. Bonaventure with 29 points on 11-of-19 shooting, and guard Chris Matthews also scored 14 points and had three assists.

Wilderness leads 49ers

Junior An’Juan Wilderness hit a runner in the lane as the clock ran out to lead Charlotte over La Salle, 84-82 on Saturday. Forward Shamari Spears led the 49ers in scoring with 22 points, while freshman Chris Braswell contributed 21 points and a game-high 13 rebounds. Guard Derrio Green added 20 points and seven assists in the victory.

The last time the 49ers had three 20-point scorers in one game was against Massachusetts in 2005. Senior Rodney Green led all scorers with 32 for La Salle.

The victory was the third straight in league play for Charlotte, who is now 5-1 all-time versus La Salle. The 49ers have already surpassed last year’s win total (14), tripled their road wins from the previous season, and avenged losses over St. Bonaventure, Saint Louis, Richmond, and the Explorers. They also defeated Louisville on the road when the Cardinals were ranked No. 18 in the country.

Owls route Rams

A group effort led No. 15 Temple over Fordham 62-45. Guard Juan Fernandez led the Owls with 13 points on 3-of-4 shooting from 3-point range. Sophomore Scottie Randall added 12 points off the bench, while Ryan Brooks and Michael Eric contributed nine points apiece.

The Owls kept the ball under control throughout the contest, committing only seven turnovers in the game, shooting well from beyond the arc, posting a 42.9 percent shooting percentage.

After a slow start that saw them shoot 28 percent in the first half, Temple opened the second half with a 16-4 run that sealed the victory, keyed by two 3-pointers from Fernandez.

Temple has won 13 of their last 14 games, and is the only team left unbeaten in A-10 play. Their 17-3 mark is their best since 1993-94.

This is the sixth straight week that Temple has been nationally ranked.

Ben Lambert can be reached at wlambert@student.umass.edu