Lawrence Osborn Fossil Collection showcases fossils from across the globe, spanning vast ages -

Retired professor and public figure, Julius Lester, passed away at age 78 -

UMass looks to maintain discipline in Tuesday’s tilt at Boston College -

UMass men’s and women’s swimming and diving earns second place finishes at Dartmouth Invitational -

YouTube’s free speech problem -

Resolutions should not wait until the new year -

Book review: ‘When Breath Becomes Air’ by Paul Kalanithi -

Charli XCX’s latest release, ‘Pop 2,’ is another gorgeous experiment on electro-pop -

Rashaan Holloway ruled academically ineligible, will miss rest of season -

Minutewomen hold on to defeat VCU, snap losing streak -

America’s misguided war on low-income financial assistance -

Blue lights aren’t needed on campus anymore -

Cupcakke’s ‘Ephorize’ proves it’s time to take her seriously -

Netflix series ‘The End of the F***ing World’ packs a punch -

UMass hockey falls flat in 5-0 loss to Northeastern -

UMass women’s track and field takes first, men fourth at Joe Donahue Games -

Sanzo: UMass’ game vs. St. Louis is a sign of what it is without its grit -

UMass men’s basketball gets blown out by Saint Louis, 66-47 -

UMass hockey shuts down No. 8 Northeastern with 3-0 win -

Matt Murray hands Northeastern its first shutout of the season -

UMass Crime Log: Jan. 21-25

Thursday Jan. 21

Kayleigh E. Ercha of Peabody, Mass. was arrested at 10:27 a.m. as a result of an outstanding warrant. Having received a notification that there was a warrant out for her arrest, Ercha went to the University of Massachusetts Police Department (UMPD) to learn more information. The warrant was due to a failure to appear in the Eastern Hampshire District Court where she was transported to from the UMPD.

Emily E. Anderson of 12 Woods Rd. Westminster, Mass. was arrested at 7:13 p.m. in Lot 50 as a result of a traffic stop. Anderson was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Michael C. Bach of 75 Grover Rd. Ashland, Mass. was arrested at 7:58 p.m. in Lot 49 as a result of a liquor law violation. He was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Friday Jan. 22

Spencer Owen Nowokunski of 49 Slack Brook Rd. Leominster, Mass. was arrested at 12:15 a.m. on Sunset Ave. Nowokunski was charged with disorderly conduct.

Geng Chen of 990 N. Pleasant St. Amherst, Mass. was arrested at 4:00 p.m. in the North Village Apartments. A UMPD officer was called to the apartments by the victim. She reportedly had been struck by Chen and had visible scratch marks on her face. Chen was charged with domestic assault and battery and the destruction of property worth less than $250.

Jon O’Leary of 222 River St. Norwell, Mass. was arrested at 6:23 p.m. on Massachusetts Ave. as a result of a traffic stop. He was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Gabrielle P. Boyle of 1 Raynor Ln. Hingham, Mass. received a summons to arrest at 6:23 p.m. on Massachusetts Ave. as a result of a traffic stop. She faces potential charges of possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Kevin John O’Neil of 122 Burnham Rd. Lowell, Mass. was arrested at 8:20 p.m. in Lot 33 for liquor law violations. O’Neil has been charged with the misuse of false identification and the possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Richard Paul Sheehan of 146 Ludlam St. Lowell, Mass. was arrested at 8:20 p.m. in Lot 33 for liquor law violations. Sheehan was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Saturday Jan. 23

Kyle Moran was arrested at 2:04 a.m. at the intersection of Governors Dr. and North Pleasant St as the result of a traffic stop. A UMPD officer saw Moran advance into the intersection before the light had turned green and while following Moran saw him stick his head out the window and yell at pedestrians. When the officer approached the vehicle the officer smelt alcohol and noticed Moran had bloodshot, glossy eyes. Moran failed three of four field sobriety tests and blew a 0.11 blood alcohol content both on a portable breath test and a breathalyzer in the police station. Moran was charged with a liquor OUI, and failure to stop at a traffic light.

Nicholas James Leahy of 65 Mill Creek Rd. Chatham, Mass. was arrested at 2:10 a.m. in Lot 44 as a result of a liquor law violation. A UMPD officer noticed Leahy fail to stop at the intersection of Thatcher Rd. and Eastman Ln. and signaled for Leahy to pull over. The arresting officer noticed Leahy had bloodshot, glossy eyes and asked him to perform four field sobriety tests. Leahy failed all four and blew 0.15 blood alcohol content on a portable breath test. The officer also found unopened alcohol in the trunk of Leahy’s car. He was charged with a liquor OUI, failure to stop at a stop sign, and possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Sean Robert Willis of 30 Withrop Rd. Hingham, Mass. as arrested 9:17 p.m. in Lot 32 as a result of a liquor law violation. Willis was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Nicolas Jermyn of 104 Kilby St. Hingham, Mass. was arrested 9:17 p.m. in Lot 32 as a result of a liquor law violation. Jermyn was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Brian Edward Bates of 55 George St. Rockland, Mass. was arrested 9:17 p.m. in Lot 32 as a result of a liquor law violation. Bates was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Sunday Jan. 24

Steven James Ellis of 7 Sergi Ln. Billerica, Mass. was arrested at 1:01 a.m. in Lot 50. Ellis was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct.

Pierre Davis Payette of 7 Hubbard St. Jamaica Plain, Mass. was arrested in Lot 32. Payette was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct.

Lisa Anne Dobson of 305 Highland Ave. Pittsfield, Mass. was arrested at 1:52 a.m. at the intersection of University Dr. and Fearing St. as the result of a traffic stop. An officer on patrol noticed Dobson violating marked traffic lanes and fail to stop at a stop sign on University Dr and signaled for her to pull over. The officer then noticed Dobson was confused and disoriented with bloodshot eyes. She failed to complete field sobriety tests and blew a 0.12 blood alcohol content on a portable breath test. Dobson refused to take another breathalyzer test at the police station. Dobson was charged with a liquor OUI, failure to stop at a stop sign, and violating marked traffic lanes.

Michelle Williams can be reached at mnwillia@student.umass.edu