UMass men’s soccer look to surprise the Atlantic 10 conference for the second consecutive season -

Third and 20 S2 Episode 8 -

Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

UMass Crime Log: Jan. 21-25

Thursday Jan. 21

Kayleigh E. Ercha of Peabody, Mass. was arrested at 10:27 a.m. as a result of an outstanding warrant. Having received a notification that there was a warrant out for her arrest, Ercha went to the University of Massachusetts Police Department (UMPD) to learn more information. The warrant was due to a failure to appear in the Eastern Hampshire District Court where she was transported to from the UMPD.

Emily E. Anderson of 12 Woods Rd. Westminster, Mass. was arrested at 7:13 p.m. in Lot 50 as a result of a traffic stop. Anderson was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Michael C. Bach of 75 Grover Rd. Ashland, Mass. was arrested at 7:58 p.m. in Lot 49 as a result of a liquor law violation. He was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Friday Jan. 22

Spencer Owen Nowokunski of 49 Slack Brook Rd. Leominster, Mass. was arrested at 12:15 a.m. on Sunset Ave. Nowokunski was charged with disorderly conduct.

Geng Chen of 990 N. Pleasant St. Amherst, Mass. was arrested at 4:00 p.m. in the North Village Apartments. A UMPD officer was called to the apartments by the victim. She reportedly had been struck by Chen and had visible scratch marks on her face. Chen was charged with domestic assault and battery and the destruction of property worth less than $250.

Jon O’Leary of 222 River St. Norwell, Mass. was arrested at 6:23 p.m. on Massachusetts Ave. as a result of a traffic stop. He was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Gabrielle P. Boyle of 1 Raynor Ln. Hingham, Mass. received a summons to arrest at 6:23 p.m. on Massachusetts Ave. as a result of a traffic stop. She faces potential charges of possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Kevin John O’Neil of 122 Burnham Rd. Lowell, Mass. was arrested at 8:20 p.m. in Lot 33 for liquor law violations. O’Neil has been charged with the misuse of false identification and the possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Richard Paul Sheehan of 146 Ludlam St. Lowell, Mass. was arrested at 8:20 p.m. in Lot 33 for liquor law violations. Sheehan was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Saturday Jan. 23

Kyle Moran was arrested at 2:04 a.m. at the intersection of Governors Dr. and North Pleasant St as the result of a traffic stop. A UMPD officer saw Moran advance into the intersection before the light had turned green and while following Moran saw him stick his head out the window and yell at pedestrians. When the officer approached the vehicle the officer smelt alcohol and noticed Moran had bloodshot, glossy eyes. Moran failed three of four field sobriety tests and blew a 0.11 blood alcohol content both on a portable breath test and a breathalyzer in the police station. Moran was charged with a liquor OUI, and failure to stop at a traffic light.

Nicholas James Leahy of 65 Mill Creek Rd. Chatham, Mass. was arrested at 2:10 a.m. in Lot 44 as a result of a liquor law violation. A UMPD officer noticed Leahy fail to stop at the intersection of Thatcher Rd. and Eastman Ln. and signaled for Leahy to pull over. The arresting officer noticed Leahy had bloodshot, glossy eyes and asked him to perform four field sobriety tests. Leahy failed all four and blew 0.15 blood alcohol content on a portable breath test. The officer also found unopened alcohol in the trunk of Leahy’s car. He was charged with a liquor OUI, failure to stop at a stop sign, and possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Sean Robert Willis of 30 Withrop Rd. Hingham, Mass. as arrested 9:17 p.m. in Lot 32 as a result of a liquor law violation. Willis was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Nicolas Jermyn of 104 Kilby St. Hingham, Mass. was arrested 9:17 p.m. in Lot 32 as a result of a liquor law violation. Jermyn was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Brian Edward Bates of 55 George St. Rockland, Mass. was arrested 9:17 p.m. in Lot 32 as a result of a liquor law violation. Bates was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Sunday Jan. 24

Steven James Ellis of 7 Sergi Ln. Billerica, Mass. was arrested at 1:01 a.m. in Lot 50. Ellis was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct.

Pierre Davis Payette of 7 Hubbard St. Jamaica Plain, Mass. was arrested in Lot 32. Payette was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct.

Lisa Anne Dobson of 305 Highland Ave. Pittsfield, Mass. was arrested at 1:52 a.m. at the intersection of University Dr. and Fearing St. as the result of a traffic stop. An officer on patrol noticed Dobson violating marked traffic lanes and fail to stop at a stop sign on University Dr and signaled for her to pull over. The officer then noticed Dobson was confused and disoriented with bloodshot eyes. She failed to complete field sobriety tests and blew a 0.12 blood alcohol content on a portable breath test. Dobson refused to take another breathalyzer test at the police station. Dobson was charged with a liquor OUI, failure to stop at a stop sign, and violating marked traffic lanes.

Michelle Williams can be reached at mnwillia@student.umass.edu