Crime Log: Jan. 29-31

Friday Jan. 29

Orly J. Hoff of 525 E. 86th St, New York City, NY was arrested for liquor law violations as the result of a traffic stop. At 1:04 a.m. the arresting officer spotted a black Volkswagen sedan that did not have its taillights on driving along North Pleasant St. After pulling Hoff over, the arresting officer noticed the driver had bloodshot, watery eyes and smelled of alcohol. The officer asked that Hoff perform field sobriety tests, all of which she failed as well as registering a 0.12 blood alcohol content on the breathalyzer. Hoff was charged with a motor vehicle lights violation, and a liquor OUI.

Victor Delvalle Jr. of 28 Hampden St. Holyoke, Mass. was arrested for liquor law violations as the result of a traffic stop. At 1:18 a.m. the arresting officer spotted a black Honda Civic driving irregularly on North Pleasant St. Delvalle. The officer saw Delvalle speeding as well as cross the marked yellow traffic lane. Once pulled over, the officer found Delvalle difficult to understand due to slurred speech. He failed all of the field sobriety tests, and blew a 0.18 blood alcohol content on a breathalyzer at the police station. After running the vehicle’s information on the University of Massachusetts Police Department database, the officer also found that the vehicle had not passed state inspection. Delvalle was charged with violating marked traffic lanes, speeding, failure to have vehicle inspected, and a liquor OUI .

John Graves Bates of 37 Hummock Pond Rd. Nantucket, Mass. was arrested for warrant violations at 9:27 p.m. Bates was charged with criminal harassment, stalking, and acting in an obscene, disruptive manner.

Jessica Villavicencio of 16 Westwood St. Newton, Mass. was arrested for liquor law violations. Villavicencio was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Allyssa B. Dean of 6 Channing St. Newton, Mass. was arrested for liquor law violations. Dean was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Kerby Losier of 280 Wood Ave. Hyde Park, Mass. was arrested for drug law violations as the result of a traffic stop. At 9:27 p.m., an UMPD officer witnessed a green Saturn sedan fail to stop at a stop sign on Access Rd. near Lot 21. After pulling the vehicle over, the arresting officer detected a strong smell of recently burnt marijuana. Losier told the officer that he did not have any marijuana in his possession. Two of the three passengers in the car admitted to having marijuana on them. The arresting officer called the station for another officer to assist in searching the vehicle. Upon searching the vehicle, the officers discovered 15 individually wrapped bags of marijuana, not including the bags found on the passengers. Losier was charged with the intent to distribute a class D substance.

Saturday Jan. 30

Emmett R. Scanlan of 112 Cross St. Norwood, Mass. was arrested for liquor law violations as the result of a traffic stop. At 8:55 p.m., Scanlan was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Kaylene J. Barshdorf of 97 Anthony Rd, Dalton, Mass. was arrested for liquor law violations as the result of a traffic stop. At 2:21 a.m., an UMPD officer noticed a black Oldsmobile stopped on North Pleasant St. at a green light for more than 20 seconds despite no pedestrians present. While following the vehicle, the officer noticed Barshdorf make a wide turn and cross the double yellow line onto Eastman Lane. Once pulling the vehicle over, the arresting officer noticed Barshdorf to have slurred speech, and admitted to the officer to have been drinking that night. She failed the field sobriety tests and blew a 0.08 blood alcohol content on the officer’s portable breath test. As the three passengers in the car were unable to drive as well, the car was towed. Barshdorf was charged with failure to obey traffic light, violating marked traffic lanes, a liquor OUI.

Jeffrey Robert Youngclaus of 32 Blanchard Rd. Wilmington, Mass. was arrested for liquor law violations as the result of a traffic stop. At 3:05 a.m. an UMPD officer saw a Ford Taurus cross the solid yellow line. After pulling the vehicle over, the officer noticed Youngclaus with glassy, bloodshot eyes and the vehicle smelling of marijuana. Youngclaus stated that he hadn’t been drinking yet failed all of the field sobriety tests. He blew a 0.16 blood alcohol content on a portable breath test. He also did not have his vehicle registration in the car the morning of the arrest. Youngclaus was charged with not having the appropriate registration in possession, violating marked traffic lanes and a liquor OUI.

Jonathan E. Russell of 1051 Overlook Dr. Palmer, Mass. was arrested as the result of an assault and battery charge. At 2:30 a.m. UMPD officers were called to the John Adams Dormitory in Southwest after a male student was punched in the head several times. The officers arrived to find the victim holding his jaw and having trouble speaking. He said he knew his assailant, and that they had gotten into an argument. 

Sunday Jan. 31

Eric Philip Dickson of 63 Summit Ave. Albany, NY was arrested as the result of a disturbance call. At 12:09 a.m., two UMPD officers were called to the Prince Dormitory in Southwest. Prior to the officers’ arrival, Dickson had thrown a female through a glass window, and struck a male. Upon arrival, Dickson tried to push past the officers to assault a man. While restraining Dickson, he stated that he was going to attack the officers and attempted to break free of their hold. Dickson was charged with destruction of property worth less than 250 dollars, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, domestic assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Fritzie M. Puverge of 159 Elliot St. Worchester, Mass. was arrested as the result of an active warrant for his arrest. Purverge failed to appear in Worchester Superior Court. He had previously been charged with driving without a license and speeding.