UMass professor wins big on ‘Jeopardy!’ -

SGA president selects new vice president -

UMass women’s basketball blows 15 point fourth quarter lead, loses in double overtime to George Washington -

UMass club hockey falls to NYU 3-2 in first game back from vacation -

Cyr: Expectations for UMass men’s basketball remain consistent throughout 2016-17 season -

The death penalty is not the answer -

Donald Trump is gutting journalism with his Twitter -

Winter break’s most overlooked releases -

Hardly anything in ‘Rogue One’ scores a direct hit -

Nineteen turnovers sink UMass men’s basketball in loss to Fordham Saturday -

UMass men’s basketball falls to Fordham behind strong defensive effort by the Rams -

UMass hockey can’t take advantage of strong start in 6-1 loss to Boston College -

High-powered Eagles soar past UMass -

UMass women’s basketball suffers disappointing loss to St. Bonaventure at Mullins Center Thursday -

REPORT: Tom Masella out as defensive coordinator for UMass football -

Zach Lewis, bench carry UMass men’s basketball in win over St. Joe’s -

Crime Log: Feb. 2 through Feb. 7

Tuesday Feb. 2

Alyssa L. Valbona of 2 Poplar St. Enfield, Conn. was taken into custody as the result of an outstanding warrant for her arrest at 10:44 a.m. An officer from the University of Massachusetts Police Department (UMPD) went to her apartment due to Valbona’s failure to appear in the Eastern Hampshire District Court for an incident that occurred on the UMass campus in 2008 for possession of liquor while under the age of 21.

Friday Feb. 5

Matthew C. Wilcox of 17 Lamplighter Dr. Shrewsbury, Mass. was arrested at 2:04 a.m. by a UMPD officer on patrol who had noticed a grey Honda Civic running with it’s lights on in Lot 22. The officer approached the vehicle out of concern for the driver who was slumped over the steering wheel. When awoken, the driver had bloodshot, glassy eyes. The officer asked Wilcox to perform four field sobriety tests, all of which he failed. Wilcox was charged with possession of liquor while under the age of 21, possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle, and a liquor OUI.

Saturday Feb. 6

Thomas M. Morss of 70 Main St. Marion, Mass. was arrested at 1:02 a.m. as the result of a disturbance call. When a UMPD officer arrived at the scene on Sunset and Massachusetts Ave., Morss had a man in a headlock and was throwing him from the sidewalk. The officer controlled Morss and placed him under arrest. Morss was charged with disorderly conduct.

James P. Cummings of 10 Buttonwood Rd., Amesbury, Mass. and Benjamin Uhlarik, also of Amesbury, were arrested at 2:26 a.m. An officer on patrol noticed two men walking around lot 32 kicking off side rear view mirrors from the parked cars. This behavior continued as the officer approached them at which point the officer noticed a strong smell of alcohol coming from the students. Cummings and Uhlarik were charged with four counts of malicious destruction of property worth more than $250 and disorderly conduct.

Damon L. Isles of 95 Brook Ave., Dorchester, Mass. was arrested at 11:44 p.m. An officer on patrol noticed a car enter Lot 32 and four males wandering through the aisles of cars. Believing the men had the intent to commit a crime, the officer called for back-up and a canine unit. Isles was found with a Hi-Point .380 firearm on himself. The firearm had ammunition in the chamber and in the magazine. Isles did not have registration for the gun or the ammunition. The canine unit found the drug Glipizide, an anti-diabetic drug, on him as well for which he did not have a prescription. Isles was charged with possession of a class E drug, possession of a firearm without a federal identification card, defacing the firearm serial number, carrying a firearm on school grounds and carrying a firearm without a license.

Sunday Feb. 7

Jason Root was arrested at 12:15 a.m on Massachusetts Ave. The arresting officer searched Root’s license plate on the Police Database and learned that Root had a suspended license and pulled him over. Root was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.

Jonathan Perry Schnauber of 13 Nash Rd., Cummington, Mass. was arrested at 1:28 a.m. The UMPD received a call from a driver that a brown Nissan Altima had been following them for four miles. Once the driver pulled over Schunauber exited his car and tried to enter the other driver’s vehicle. When unable to, Schunauber re-entered his car and began ramming his own car into the other vehicle for over a minute. When the Schnauber pulled away a UMPD car followed him in attempts to get him to pull over to the side of the road. Schnauber eventually was forced to pull over on Clark Hill Rd. The arresting officer noticed Schunauber had bloodshot glassy eyes and he admitted to have been driving and have taken Lorazepam, a highly addictive anti-anxiety drug. Schnauber was charged with leaving the scene of property damage, reckless operation of a motor vehicle, malicious destruction of property worth more than $250, failure to stop for police, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and a third offense liquor OUI.

Benjamin James McPherson of 12 Spartan Arrow Rd. Littleton, Mass. was arrested as the result of an outstanding warrant service at 3 p.m. UMPD officers went to his dorm room to arrest him for his failure to appear in the Eastern Hampshire District Court. McPherson’s prior offenses were possession of a class D drug, and intent to distribute a class D drug.