AIC shuts out UMass hockey 3-0 at Mullins Center -

UMass professor to appear as contestant on ‘Jeopardy!’ Thursday night -

Penalties plague UMass hockey in Mariucci Classic championship game -

UMass men’s basketball falls in A-10 opener to St. Bonaventure and its veteran backcourt -

UMass woman’s basketball ends FIU Holiday Classic with 65-47 loss to Drexel -

UMass men’s basketball finishes non-conference schedule strong with win over Georgia State -

Brett Boeing joins UMass hockey for second half of season -

University of Massachusetts Crime Log (February 10-16)

Wednesday Feb. 10

Maksim Reznik of 555 North Ave, Fort Lee, NJ was arrested at 12:47 a.m. as the result of a traffic stop. An officer on patrol noticed a grey Nissan Altima crossing into the oncoming traffic lane on Commonwealth Ave. While following the vehicle, the officer noticed the right brake light and rear turn signal were not working. When pulled over, the officer reported Reznik had bloodshot eyes and smelled of alcohol. He failed all of the field sobriety tests and registered a .09 on the police station’s breathalyzer. Reznik was charged with violating marked traffic lanes, motor vehicle lights violation, and operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.

Friday Feb. 12

Reginald Rhinehardt Bailey of 4965 Washington St. Boston, Mass. was arrested in the John Quincy Adams dormitory as the result of an active warrant for his arrest.

Saturday Feb. 13

Thomas MacPhee of 61 Lewis Rd. West Yarmouth, Mass. was arrested at 12:37 a.m. as the result of a speeding violation. The arresting officer saw a blue Mercury Sable speeding on Massachusetts Ave. MacPhee was pulled over after turning left onto University Dr. and appeared disoriented while speaking with slurred speech. When asked to perform field sobriety tests, the officer reported MacPhee had difficulty exiting the car and remaining steady on his feet. Inside the car, the officer found multiple containers of alcohol. In the station, he registered a .16 on the breathalyzer. MacPhee was charged with speeding, possession of liquor while under the age of 21, possession of greater than reasonable and proper quantities of alcohol, and operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.

Ramona Santiago of 20 River Rd. Somerville, Mass. was arrested at 1:26 a.m. as the result of a traffic stop. A plainclothes officer saw a white Chevy drive onto the curb of Massachusetts Ave, puncture the tire and continue to drive. On Rt. 116 Santiago was pulled over after causing extensive damage to her vehicle. She had bloodshot eyes, and was asked to complete four field sobriety tests, which she reportedly failed. At the police station, she registered a .13 on the breathalyzer. Santiago was charged with violating marked traffic lanes and operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.

Monday Feb. 15

Abel Lee of 11 Boulder St. East Longmeadow, Mass. was arrested as the result of a traffic stop. An officer noticed a white Toyota Camry which failed to stop at for a traffic sign on North Pleasant St. When pulled over, Lee had glassy, bloodshot eyes and was asked to complete four field sobriety tests, which she allegedly failed. Lee was charged with failure to stop at a traffic symbol, and operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.