UStyle: Michiko Reindorf dresses up

ustlyeName: Michiko Reindorf

Year: Junior

Major: Political Science

Style: Casual/trendy

What she’s wearing:

Jacket – Forever 21

Jeans – Forever 21

Scarf – New York City Boutique

Boots – Ziggy Soho

Bag – Guia’s

Earrings – Forever 21

The look:

Spotted walking through Southwest near Crampton hall, Michiko Reindorf looked extremely fashionable from head to toe. Reindorf finds her inspiration in diverse stores, and said that she likes to “pick and choose from different places.” If you see her on campus or in one of your political science classes, she’s sure to be rocking a trendy outfit because she “always likes to dress up.” Reindorf takes pride in her unique outfits and puts them together by mixing pieces of clothing from different sources and with varying attitudes to create her own fashion.

The common style on campus this season seems to be a North Face, leggings and Uggs, but Reindorf stands out from the masses at UMass with her coordinated outfit of earthy tones with an edge. The color of her deep orange and brown scarf works with her skin tone to make her face glow. Her golden earrings drape down onto the scarf to complement its golden hues and make the gold chain on her bag pop. The gold chain also adds an edgy feel to her wardrobe, which transforms her bag from plain to stylish. Her navy jacket is an excellent choice, allowing the brighter elements of her outfit to stick out without adding too many intense colors to her ensemble. The three buttons side by side also add a structured element to the outfit creating a clean look. Her dark navy jeans allow the top of the outfit to seamlessly blend into the bottom where her brown boots stand out and connect with the scarf.

Next time you’re out shopping, make sure to stop at Forever 21 for a cute jacket like Reindorf’s, which usually costs around $37. If you like her style you can go to other stores that she shops at like BeBe, ArdenB or Macy’s.

Don’t be afraid to express yourself through your clothing like Reindorf does. Pick styles from different stores to create your own unique image. On a college budget heading to the mall may not be ideal for your wallet, so try going through your closet to mix and match cloths you already have. By the time you’re done searching, you’ll find you have a new outfit and maybe even a new style.

Kaitlyn Bigica can be reached at [email protected].