Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Ames: If first four games are any indicator, this UMass hockey season could differ for the better -

Josh Couturier looks to find where he fits within UMass lineup -

The straw man fallacy: missing the point on Indigenous Peoples Day -

Power to the Thin Mint: improve the Girls Scouts program -

‘Blade Runner 2049’ has a lot of ideas that it fails to develop -

Early season challenge awaits for UMass hockey in weekend set with Ohio State -

UMass Professor Barbara Krauthamer receives award from Association of Black Women Historians -

Temple survives close game against Saint Joseph’s

Ramone Moore tallied a career high 24 points and the game tying basket to help lead Temple over rival Saint Joseph’s, 75-67, on Friday.

In the first half, No. 20 Temple jumped out to an early lead, riding the momentum from games earlier in the week. Moore contributed four of his 13 first half points during a 10-2 run to start the game, but the Hawks were able to finish the half ahead 31-29 thanks to five 3-pointers.

Saint Joseph’s continued their run in the second half, coming out of the locker room and scoring eight straight points, with six coming on 3-point plays by guard Garrett Williamson.

The teams traded baskets for the remainder of the game until, with under a minute to play and the Hawks leading by two, Ryan Brooks hit a shot to tie the contest and send it into overtime. This was where Temple proved its might, as it took the lead and never looked back, winning the game 75-67.

The Owls clinched a Big 5 title with the win and improved to 22-5 overall and 10-2 in the A-10. The Hawks fell to 9-18 overall and 3-10 in the A-10 with the loss.

URI throttles Fordham

Akeem Richmond led three players in double digits as Rhode Island easily dispatched Fordham on Saturday, 101-75,

Fordham scored the first two points of the game and never led again. URI rattled off 19 unanswered points in four minutes to give itself a comfortable 17 point lead to begin the game. Adding to the total, URI connected from inside and beyond the arc to tally 28 points in the paint and six from 3-point range. URI continued to dominate the first half, eventually jumping out to its biggest lead of the day, 34 points.

Fordham managed to outscore URI, 47-43, in the second half, but it wasn’t enough. URI built on its momentum and saw three players reach double digits in points. Every player saw at least seven minutes of play for URI and each one scored at least two points in the game.

The win catapulted URI to its third consecutive 20-win season, and moves it to 20-6 overall, and 8-5 in A-10 play. Fordham remains winless in the conference, dropping to 0-13 in the A-10.

Dukes fend off Flyers

Damian Saunders hit a driving layup with 25.8 seconds left on the clock to lead Duquesne to a 73-71 victory over Dayton on Sunday.

Playing before 5,144 people, the largest crowd of the season, the Dukes posted their third consecutive win and second in a row over a high caliber team.

Saunders scored 20 points in the contest, with 16 coming in the first half, and was the driving force behind the Dukes’ offensive game. Also contributing to the attack was Eric Evans who scored 14 points and Bill Clark who added 12.

Chris Johnson led all Flyers scorers, tallying 21 points, including six 3-pointers. Johnson scored 13 of his 21 points in the opening 20 minutes.

Duquesne moves to 15-12 overall and 6-7 in A-10 play this season while the Flyers drop to 18-8 overall and 7-5 in the A-10 following the loss.

Michael Wood can be reached at mcwood@student.umass.edu.