UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

Temple survives close game against Saint Joseph’s

Ramone Moore tallied a career high 24 points and the game tying basket to help lead Temple over rival Saint Joseph’s, 75-67, on Friday.

In the first half, No. 20 Temple jumped out to an early lead, riding the momentum from games earlier in the week. Moore contributed four of his 13 first half points during a 10-2 run to start the game, but the Hawks were able to finish the half ahead 31-29 thanks to five 3-pointers.

Saint Joseph’s continued their run in the second half, coming out of the locker room and scoring eight straight points, with six coming on 3-point plays by guard Garrett Williamson.

The teams traded baskets for the remainder of the game until, with under a minute to play and the Hawks leading by two, Ryan Brooks hit a shot to tie the contest and send it into overtime. This was where Temple proved its might, as it took the lead and never looked back, winning the game 75-67.

The Owls clinched a Big 5 title with the win and improved to 22-5 overall and 10-2 in the A-10. The Hawks fell to 9-18 overall and 3-10 in the A-10 with the loss.

URI throttles Fordham

Akeem Richmond led three players in double digits as Rhode Island easily dispatched Fordham on Saturday, 101-75,

Fordham scored the first two points of the game and never led again. URI rattled off 19 unanswered points in four minutes to give itself a comfortable 17 point lead to begin the game. Adding to the total, URI connected from inside and beyond the arc to tally 28 points in the paint and six from 3-point range. URI continued to dominate the first half, eventually jumping out to its biggest lead of the day, 34 points.

Fordham managed to outscore URI, 47-43, in the second half, but it wasn’t enough. URI built on its momentum and saw three players reach double digits in points. Every player saw at least seven minutes of play for URI and each one scored at least two points in the game.

The win catapulted URI to its third consecutive 20-win season, and moves it to 20-6 overall, and 8-5 in A-10 play. Fordham remains winless in the conference, dropping to 0-13 in the A-10.

Dukes fend off Flyers

Damian Saunders hit a driving layup with 25.8 seconds left on the clock to lead Duquesne to a 73-71 victory over Dayton on Sunday.

Playing before 5,144 people, the largest crowd of the season, the Dukes posted their third consecutive win and second in a row over a high caliber team.

Saunders scored 20 points in the contest, with 16 coming in the first half, and was the driving force behind the Dukes’ offensive game. Also contributing to the attack was Eric Evans who scored 14 points and Bill Clark who added 12.

Chris Johnson led all Flyers scorers, tallying 21 points, including six 3-pointers. Johnson scored 13 of his 21 points in the opening 20 minutes.

Duquesne moves to 15-12 overall and 6-7 in A-10 play this season while the Flyers drop to 18-8 overall and 7-5 in the A-10 following the loss.

Michael Wood can be reached at mcwood@student.umass.edu.