UMass men’s soccer look to surprise the Atlantic 10 conference for the second consecutive season -

Third and 20 S2 Episode 8 -

Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

Temple survives close game against Saint Joseph’s

Ramone Moore tallied a career high 24 points and the game tying basket to help lead Temple over rival Saint Joseph’s, 75-67, on Friday.

In the first half, No. 20 Temple jumped out to an early lead, riding the momentum from games earlier in the week. Moore contributed four of his 13 first half points during a 10-2 run to start the game, but the Hawks were able to finish the half ahead 31-29 thanks to five 3-pointers.

Saint Joseph’s continued their run in the second half, coming out of the locker room and scoring eight straight points, with six coming on 3-point plays by guard Garrett Williamson.

The teams traded baskets for the remainder of the game until, with under a minute to play and the Hawks leading by two, Ryan Brooks hit a shot to tie the contest and send it into overtime. This was where Temple proved its might, as it took the lead and never looked back, winning the game 75-67.

The Owls clinched a Big 5 title with the win and improved to 22-5 overall and 10-2 in the A-10. The Hawks fell to 9-18 overall and 3-10 in the A-10 with the loss.

URI throttles Fordham

Akeem Richmond led three players in double digits as Rhode Island easily dispatched Fordham on Saturday, 101-75,

Fordham scored the first two points of the game and never led again. URI rattled off 19 unanswered points in four minutes to give itself a comfortable 17 point lead to begin the game. Adding to the total, URI connected from inside and beyond the arc to tally 28 points in the paint and six from 3-point range. URI continued to dominate the first half, eventually jumping out to its biggest lead of the day, 34 points.

Fordham managed to outscore URI, 47-43, in the second half, but it wasn’t enough. URI built on its momentum and saw three players reach double digits in points. Every player saw at least seven minutes of play for URI and each one scored at least two points in the game.

The win catapulted URI to its third consecutive 20-win season, and moves it to 20-6 overall, and 8-5 in A-10 play. Fordham remains winless in the conference, dropping to 0-13 in the A-10.

Dukes fend off Flyers

Damian Saunders hit a driving layup with 25.8 seconds left on the clock to lead Duquesne to a 73-71 victory over Dayton on Sunday.

Playing before 5,144 people, the largest crowd of the season, the Dukes posted their third consecutive win and second in a row over a high caliber team.

Saunders scored 20 points in the contest, with 16 coming in the first half, and was the driving force behind the Dukes’ offensive game. Also contributing to the attack was Eric Evans who scored 14 points and Bill Clark who added 12.

Chris Johnson led all Flyers scorers, tallying 21 points, including six 3-pointers. Johnson scored 13 of his 21 points in the opening 20 minutes.

Duquesne moves to 15-12 overall and 6-7 in A-10 play this season while the Flyers drop to 18-8 overall and 7-5 in the A-10 following the loss.

Michael Wood can be reached at mcwood@student.umass.edu.