Ray Pigozzi shines in first game back for the UMass hockey team since November 4 -

UMass starts hot, finishes strong in upset win over No. 12 Notre Dame -

SGA vice president will resign at the end of the semester -

Raise the Flag protestors praise -

Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass women’s basketball falls to Hartford, snaps three-game winning streak -

Brison Gresham makes long awaited debut for UMass men’s basketball -

UMass hockey hosts No. 12 Notre Dame in Hockey East doubleheader -

UMass men’s basketball picks up fourth straight win as it tops Wagner Wednesday night at Mullins Center -

UMass hockey gets chance to bond during trip to Belfast -

The true backbone of America -

Letter: Craig’s Place to fight against fatal budget cuts -

Enduring the 2016 Tower Run at Du Bois Library -

C.J. Anderson, Malik Hines each have career nights in UMass men’s basketball’s win over Wagner -

Panelists talk about their experiences with incarceration in the Feinberg Lecture Series -

Suzanne Fenton discusses the effects of early life chemical exposure -

Christmas tree farmers discuss effects of New England drought on their harvest -

UMass men’s basketball’s frontcourt looks to build on solid start to season -

Obama’s Olympic Beer Bet

So while they’re handing out today’s last medals, viewers might be interested in a cool story the announcers only just touched on! It turns out that President Barack Obama has been keeping a close eye on the Olympic Games just like the rest of the nation, even making bets on todays hockey final between the U.S. and Canada.

President Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper made the hockey game just a little more interesting. They decided to look past the glory and prestige an Olympic gold medal in hockey would bring and add a little alcohol into the mix. In the event of an American win, Harper would have been required to buy Obama a case of the little known Yuengling beer, as it’s comes from the oldest brewery in the U.S. Since that, unfortunately, was not the outcome of the thrilling match, looks like Obama will be treating Harper his native Molson Canadian!

Announcer Bob Costas, instead, chose to focus more on the musical aspects that have been peppering the show thus far. Three Canadian musicians- two women and a man (the winner of Canadian Idol, the girl who performed “O Canada” at the Opening Ceremony, and a Canadian Aboriginal guitarist, respectively)- performed the lack luster anthem of the Closing Ceremony, called “Let’s Have a Party.” Also performed was the anthem of the Olympics themselves, and the Greek National Anthem (a nod to Olympic history, though no Greek has ever won a Winter Olympic medal). This ceremonial part of the end of the games seems to be a lull in the Closing Ceremony.