UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

Particular U.S. Olympics Stars

Apollo Ohno was just featured on NBC, talking about various aspects of the games- the U.S. men’s team’s surprising success, his own success, and the possibility that he may have laced up his skates for the last time. As he trains close to the Canadian border, he said that he understands how much winning the gold meant to the host nation this afternoon, but he was pulling, of course, for his countrymen. He said that he was thinking about how proud the U.S. should be. Here’s the amazing part– the U.S. really should not have made it this far. They were a young team facing experts. Think about it- who are the NHL’s really great players? Do the names Gretsky, Lucic, Brodeur and Ovechkin ring any bells? They play for North American teams in the hockey league… yet none of them are American. So our boys were up against the best, and fought absolutely valiantly. The silver is nothing to scoff at!

This may well have been Ohno’s last games. He said he will be at Sochi, Russia, in 2014… but he may not be wearing his skates.

My prediction is that Bode Miller won’t be participating either. NBC just featured a spolight on him as well, a gold, silve and broze medal winner within the last two weeks. Snowboarder Shaun White, too, was featured, as well as late Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili, who perished on a practice run shortly before the Opening Ceremonies.

While the games, then, started on a sad note, there are nothing but smiles today! The official Closing Ceremony is set to begin any minute now.