UMass hockey competes hard, falls to No. 10 Providence College in overtime -

Overtime goal hands UMass hockey its 15th straight loss in regular season finale -

Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

The Ceremony has officially begun

Yet another countdown has taken place- the beginning of the end.

As NBC announcer Bob Costas has expressed, the Opening Ceremonies is more about ceremonial purposes, while tonight is a “big party!”

It’s ironic- there have been no major mess ups so far! Well, no intentional ones, that is. In a tongue-in-cheek reference to the problems marring the beginning of the Winter Olympics (when part of the holder of the Olympic Flame failed to work), the beginning of these Closing Ceremonies featured a clown taking part in the lighting of the Flame for the last time.

Also featured tonight are at least one hundred (maybe more) Canadian snowboarders, rushing to the floor at various intervals to stand in certain patters. Earlier, while Winnipeg band “Inner Eye” rocked out, they formed various designs and words (including strong) and they just came out to make the maple leaf below the Canadian flag as ” O Canada” was played in vigor in the background.

One disappointment- this band, “Inner Eye,” seemed to be really good… I just wish they could have sung or played a few songs, not just becoming background music!

Currently, the athletes are entering as one huge, happy crowd, not separated by nation as in the Opening Ceremonies, after their flag bearers (most notably was Canadian flag bearer Joanni Rochette, who earned the bronze medal, chosing to compete in women’s figure skaing though her mother passed on one week ago today).We just saw Apollo Ohno, screaming in joy, for instance. An interesting note- many, if not most, of the athletes are holding camcorders, keeping this amazing moment for posterity.