Rashaan Holloway one of the few bright spots in UMass men’s basketball’s loss to Providence -

In a game riddled with mistakes, UMass men’s basketball falls to Providence -

UMass men’s basketball struggles to slow down Rodney Bullock in second half in loss to Providence -

Captain Steve Iacobellis scores, but UMass hockey can’t find its offensive rhythm in 3-1 loss to UConn -

Minutemen can’t get offense going early in 3-1 loss at Connecticut -

Demonstrators issue demands at Board of Trustees meeting as Woolridge announces resignation from post of chairman -

UMass men’s basketball shows improvement in 3-point shooting. -

UMass men’s basketball cruises to a victory over Pacific behind a strong second half -

UMass Divest and proponents of sanctuary campus will not be allowed to speak at Board of Trustees meeting -

Former political prisoner to speak on human rights and prison experience -

UMass men’s basketball using late-game situations as learning opportunities for remainder of season -

UMass men’s basketball kicks off Gotham Classic at home against Pacific -

UMass hockey looks to continue recent improvements against Connecticut -

UMass hockey team confident in game plan despite UConn’s constant change in net -

UMass women’s basketball falls apart in the fourth quarter in 71-55 loss to Hofstra -

It’s been a long year -

A return to the collapse of 2008 -

Mindfulness in, and in spite of, a technological age -

Beer, bets and pool: a High Horse unofficial review -

Don’t let winter stop you from running outside -

The Ceremony has officially begun

Yet another countdown has taken place- the beginning of the end.

As NBC announcer Bob Costas has expressed, the Opening Ceremonies is more about ceremonial purposes, while tonight is a “big party!”

It’s ironic- there have been no major mess ups so far! Well, no intentional ones, that is. In a tongue-in-cheek reference to the problems marring the beginning of the Winter Olympics (when part of the holder of the Olympic Flame failed to work), the beginning of these Closing Ceremonies featured a clown taking part in the lighting of the Flame for the last time.

Also featured tonight are at least one hundred (maybe more) Canadian snowboarders, rushing to the floor at various intervals to stand in certain patters. Earlier, while Winnipeg band “Inner Eye” rocked out, they formed various designs and words (including strong) and they just came out to make the maple leaf below the Canadian flag as ” O Canada” was played in vigor in the background.

One disappointment- this band, “Inner Eye,” seemed to be really good… I just wish they could have sung or played a few songs, not just becoming background music!

Currently, the athletes are entering as one huge, happy crowd, not separated by nation as in the Opening Ceremonies, after their flag bearers (most notably was Canadian flag bearer Joanni Rochette, who earned the bronze medal, chosing to compete in women’s figure skaing though her mother passed on one week ago today).We just saw Apollo Ohno, screaming in joy, for instance. An interesting note- many, if not most, of the athletes are holding camcorders, keeping this amazing moment for posterity.