Rashaan Holloway one of the few bright spots in UMass men’s basketball’s loss to Providence -

In a game riddled with mistakes, UMass men’s basketball falls to Providence -

UMass men’s basketball struggles to slow down Rodney Bullock in second half in loss to Providence -

Captain Steve Iacobellis scores, but UMass hockey can’t find its offensive rhythm in 3-1 loss to UConn -

Minutemen can’t get offense going early in 3-1 loss at Connecticut -

Demonstrators issue demands at Board of Trustees meeting as Woolridge announces resignation from post of chairman -

UMass men’s basketball shows improvement in 3-point shooting. -

UMass men’s basketball cruises to a victory over Pacific behind a strong second half -

UMass Divest and proponents of sanctuary campus will not be allowed to speak at Board of Trustees meeting -

Former political prisoner to speak on human rights and prison experience -

UMass men’s basketball using late-game situations as learning opportunities for remainder of season -

UMass men’s basketball kicks off Gotham Classic at home against Pacific -

UMass hockey looks to continue recent improvements against Connecticut -

UMass hockey team confident in game plan despite UConn’s constant change in net -

UMass women’s basketball falls apart in the fourth quarter in 71-55 loss to Hofstra -

It’s been a long year -

A return to the collapse of 2008 -

Mindfulness in, and in spite of, a technological age -

Beer, bets and pool: a High Horse unofficial review -

Don’t let winter stop you from running outside -

Carmen Lei’s UStyle

Name: Carmen Lei

Major: Hospitality

Year: 2010

Outfit:

Glasses- Newbury

Jacket- Hong Kong

Leggings-Burlington Coat Factory

Rain boots- Burlington Coat Factory

Umbrella- Burberry Outlet

Spotted walking to class past the Student Union, Carmen Lei was dressed for the season. On a rainy day at the University of Massachusetts, Lei definitely didn’t let her style wash away with the dreary weather, and was able to find a way to both look cute and stay dry. Lei finds her inspiration in her daily mood.

“I follow my feelings everyday” Lei said. She described her style as an culmination of Asian and Japanese, and finds her style inspiration through her culture.

Matching her outfit to perfection, Lei used a basic beige color scheme as the main tone in her clothing. Her jacket may be plain, but it meshes perfectly with the black leggings and white rain boots, which feature character designs, creating a more playful look. The bottom Burberry design on her beige umbrella creates a break between the matching color of the jacket and matching color of the top of the umbrella. This also attracts the eye to the unique design the umbrella has. Its wooden handle also creates a classic look.

Lei’s rainy weather outfit exhibits practicality. In opting to wear rain boots, she is actually saving money by not ruining her other shoes. So grab your umbrella and a pair of rain boots next time it starts to pour instead of hiding under a hood and stay warm and dry.

Kaitlyn Bigica can be reached at kbigica@student.umass.edu.