Crime Log for Feb 19 through March 1

Friday Feb. 19

David Clark of Providence, RI was arrested at 4:20 p.m. for drug law offenses. An officer of the University of Massachusetts Police Department (UMPD) was stationed in Lot 12 on the University campus Friday night had suspected Clark of selling drugs. Dressed in casual street clothes and using marked bills, the officer bought $60 worth of marijuana. Clark was arrested on charges of distribution of a Class D drug, possession to distribute a Class D drug and possession of a Class D drug.

Jason J. Pearson of Jamestown, VT, Joseph Citera of Londonderry, VT, William Shupp of Moosic, PA, and David Anthony Corigliano of North Syracuse, NY were arrested at 4:34 p.m. for drug law offenses. A UMPD officer wearing casual street clothes suspected a group of men in Lot 25 of selling drugs. Using marked bills, the officer bought an unspecified amount of marijuana. All were found to have marijuana on themselves, and Corigliano was found to have cocaine, as well as hashish. Pearson, Citera and Shupp were arrested on the charges of distribution of a Class D drug, possession to distribute a Class D drug and possession of a Class D drug. Corigliano was arrested on the charges of distribution of a Class B drug, possession to distribute a Class B drug and possession of a Class B drug, as well as distribution of a Class D drug, possession to distribute a Class D drug and possession of a Class D drug.

William Burton Lewis of East Amherst, NY was arrested 4:54 p.m. for drug law offenses. A UMPD officer on foot patrol witnessed Lewis holding a bag of white powder inside of a car and place it in between the seat cushions. The powder was identified as cocaine, and Lewis was arrested. In adherence to the UMPD policy, the officer did an inventory of the vehicle prior to it being towed and found a plastic container containing psilocybin mushrooms and six tablets of LSD. Lewis was arrested on charges of two counts of possession to distribute a Class B drug, two counts of possession of a Class B drug and possession of a Class C drug.

Sean N. Donovan of New York, NY was arrested at 6:17 p.m. for drug law offenses. A UMPD officer witnessed Donovan take a hit of nitrous oxide in Lot 25. Donovan was arrested on the charge of inhaling a glue/toxic substance.

Bryan-Michael Allen Parks of Middlebury, VT was arrested at 8:39 p.m. due to a traffic stop. Stopped on Commonwealth Ave., Parks was found to have an outstanding warrant in his name, and was arrested.

Adjatay Yondo Nyadjroh of Somerville, Mass. was arrested at 8:55 p.m. as the result of a traffic stop. Nyadjroh was stopped on Massachusetts Ave. for not having an inspection sticker on his vehicle. Nyadjroh was arrested on the charges of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, unsafe operation of a motor vehicle, and failure to have the motor vehicle inspected.

Carl Louis Sepheus of Springfield, Mass. and Thomas J. Kyles of Springfield, Mass. were arrested 11:00 p.m. due to a traffic stop. Sepheus was found to have an outstanding warrant in his name and arrested. Kyles was found to have an unspecified drug on him and was charged with possession of a Class B drug.

Saturday Feb. 20

Christopher James Gareis of Charlotte, VT was arrested at 1:12 a.m. as the result of a traffic stop. A UMPD officer on patrol viewed a vehicle traveling west on Massachusetts Ave. with no tail lights on. A search of the police database showed that Gareis’ license was suspended. When asked, Gareis admitted to having marijuana in the vehicle. Prior to being towed the officer took an inventory of the contents of the vehicle. The officer found psilocybin mushrooms in the car. When being booked at the UMPD station Gareis was found to have two bags of LSD hidden in his sock and a large amount of cocaine. Gareis was arrested on the charges of possession to distribute a Class B drug, possession of a Class B drug, possession to distribute a Class C drug, possession of a Class C drug, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and a motor vehicle lights violation.

A Medfield man, William Hunter Martin of Nantucket, Mass., and Jacob Forrest Visco of Nantucket, Mass. were arrested at 1:59 a.m. as the result of a physical altercation. Two police officers viewed 15 people watching a verbal altercation between two of the arrested men on Sunset Ave. The officers hurried to the scene when one male pushed another causing them to fall off an eight foot cliff where they continued to fight. The other male involved jumped down to join in the fight. [Redacted], Martin and Visco were charged with disorderly conduct. A UMPD sustained an injury as a result of the incident.

Janet Monica Baker of Leverett, Mass. was arrested at 7:09 p.m. as the result of a traffic stop. A UMPD officer noticed a red Chevy did not have its lights on and signaled for the vehicle to pull over in Lot 32. The vehicle also did not have a valid inspection sticker. Baker was arrested for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, failure to have the motor vehicle inspected and a vehicle lights violation.

Ian R. Babson of Duxbury, Mass. was arrested at 8:35 p.m. as the result of a traffic stop. A UMPD officer noticed a white Ford did not have a valid inspection sticker on North Pleasant St. Babson appeared under the influence of a substance and was asked to perform field sobriety tests, of which he failed. During the inventory of the vehicle, the officer saw an open container of alcohol. Babson was arrested on charges of a liquor OUI, possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and failure to have the motor vehicle inspected.

Sunday Feb. 21

Katelyn Mary Martinson of Reading, Mass. was arrested at 6:27 p.m. as the result of a traffic stop. In Lot 22 an officer noticed a white Ford without its lights on. A search of the police database revealed that Martinson’s license was suspended. Martinson was arrested on the charges of operation of a motor vehicle with a suspended license, and a vehicle lights violation.

Tuesday Feb. 23

Tyler Peter O’Neil was arrested at 10:22 a.m. due to a disturbance call. The roommate of O’Neil called the UMPD and said that O’Neil had punched him during a physical altercation they had in their dormitory room in Webster Hall. O’Neil was arrested on the charge of domestic assault and battery.

Thursday Feb. 25

Katelyn Mary Martinson of Reading, Mass. was arrested at 1:55 p.m. as the result of an outstanding warrant for her arrest. Martinson was placed under arrest in McNamara Hall dormitory.

Friday Feb. 26

Nicholas Rizzo of Bloomfield, NJ was arrested at 9:47 p.m. as the result of a liquor law violation.  In Lot 33 Rizzo was pulled over in a green Jeep of which the authorities discovered to contain alcohol. Rizzo was arrested on the charge of possession of alcohol under the age of 21.

Saturday Feb. 27

Matthew Chau of Winchester, Mass. was arrested at 1:41 a.m. as the result of a disturbance call. The UMPD were called as the result of a loud disturbance in Kennedy Hall dormitory. When the arresting officer attempted to restrain Chau, he allegedly resisted. Chau was arrested on the charges of disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace and resisting a police officer making a lawful arrest.

Oscar Orengo Jr. of Teaneck, NJ was arrested at 5:07 a.m as the result of a disturbance call. Called to North Apartment Building A, the UMPD found an apartment holding 40 people to be the cause of the noise complaint. While clearing the apartment, numerous fights allegedly broke out involving Orengo. He was arrested on the charges of disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace.

– Collegian News Staff

This article has been updated to remove a name, in accordance with the Massachusetts Daily Collegian’s updated name removal policy.