UMass men’s soccer look to surprise the Atlantic 10 conference for the second consecutive season -

Third and 20 S2 Episode 8 -

Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

Lincoln and Trizano earn CAA honors

The Colonial Athletic Association announced Monday that Hofstra junior attackman Jamie Lincoln and Drexel freshman attackman Nick Trizano have earned weekly honors for their play last week. Lincoln has been named CAA Player of the Week and Trizano received CAA Rookie of the Week. 

In a 17-14 loss to No. 9 Princeton last Saturday, Lincoln led Hofstra with four goals and an assist, including a game-tying goal with 11 minutes left in the third quarter. The game marked the St. Catherine, Ontario native’s debut with Hofstra. Before transferring to Hofstra, Lincoln played at Denver for two seasons where he scored a total of 53 goals.

In his second game in a Drexel uniform, Trizano scored two goals in a 9-5 home win against Vermont on Saturday. His first goal helped give the Dragons a 3-2 lead in the first quarter and his second put them up for good.

Delaware moves down in polls

Delaware scored six consecutive goals in a come-from-behind win at Hartford last Saturday afternoon. Down 8-5 in the third quarter, the Blue Hens began to make their run with a series of goals that Hartford was not able to overcome, managing one more goal the rest of the game. 

Leading the team in goals was senior All-American attackman Curtis Dickson with four scores, while adding two assists. One of Dickson’s goals proved to be the game-winner.

Dickson has been climbing the national ranks in scoring with a season total of 16 goals and six assists. Teammate Martin Cahill, a senior midfielder, has also tallied 11 goals this season.

With the win, Delaware improves to 3-1 on the season, but falls in the rankings.  Earlier in the week, the Blue Hens suffered a 15-7 loss at the hands of now-No. 5 Johns Hopkins. The United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association Top 20 poll now places Delaware at No. 16, dropping it three spots from No. 13.  The Blue Hens are ranked No. 18 in the latest LAXNews media poll. 

Other CAA teams included in the polls were Massachusetts and Hofstra.  Massachusetts is now ranked No. 12 in the USILA poll, and No. 15 in the LAXNews media poll. Hofstra is No. 11 in the USILA poll, and No. 10 in the LAXNews media poll.

Towson blows lead

Towson took its first defeat, losing 13-9 while hosting then-No. 15 Bucknell in its season opener last Saturday afternoon.

Bucknell senior attackman Tim Brandau netted a career-high six goals, four of which came in the fourth quarter, while adding two assists. Junior attackman Mike Danylyshyn also scored a season-high three goals for Bucknell.

Towson led 5-3 after the second quarter and went into the fourth leading 9-7, but could not hold on as Bucknell went on to score six unanswered goals in the final quarter. Both teams attempted 31 shots, but Bucknell outshot the Tigers 9-7 in the fourth quarter.

Towson’s goals could not have been more evenly distributed, having the nine scores come from nine different players.

With the win, Bucknell moves up two spots to No. 13 in the USILA poll.

Eric Mansfield can be reached at eamansfi@student.umass.edu.