Stanley Andre reflects on his career as Senior Day approaches -

Thursday, November 27, 2014

UMass tight end Jean Sifrin mulls future, potential NFL career -

Thursday, November 27, 2014

UMass basketball trounces Northeastern 79-54 -

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Students and staff discuss racial and social inequality following Ferguson decision -

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

UMass hockey falls to Vermont, 3-1 -

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

No indictment for Ferguson cop -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Chancellor addresses campus regarding grand jury decision in death of Michael Brown -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Northern Illinois hangs on against Ohio, Hunt carries Toledo to victory -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

SGA passes 10 motions at meeting Monday night -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Students and UMPD work together during the annual ‘Walk for Light’ -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

‘Conscious Consumer’ talk promotes business sustainability -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

UMass hockey looks to rebound against Vermont following Saturday’s blowout at home -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

UMass women’s soccer’s Sverrisdóttir balances a soccer career between two different countries -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

‘First Demo’ provides a fascinating glimpse of Fugazi in its infancy -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My mental illness does define me (to an extent) -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

How to master multitasking -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

One Direction hints at newfound sophistication on ‘Four’ -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

TV on the Radio sounds rejuvenated on ‘Seeds’ -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

UMass men’s club soccer fundraises its way to Memphis -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

UMass hockey takes accountability and seeks redemption against Vermont on Tuesday -

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Lincoln and Trizano earn CAA honors

The Colonial Athletic Association announced Monday that Hofstra junior attackman Jamie Lincoln and Drexel freshman attackman Nick Trizano have earned weekly honors for their play last week. Lincoln has been named CAA Player of the Week and Trizano received CAA Rookie of the Week. 

In a 17-14 loss to No. 9 Princeton last Saturday, Lincoln led Hofstra with four goals and an assist, including a game-tying goal with 11 minutes left in the third quarter. The game marked the St. Catherine, Ontario native’s debut with Hofstra. Before transferring to Hofstra, Lincoln played at Denver for two seasons where he scored a total of 53 goals.

In his second game in a Drexel uniform, Trizano scored two goals in a 9-5 home win against Vermont on Saturday. His first goal helped give the Dragons a 3-2 lead in the first quarter and his second put them up for good.

Delaware moves down in polls

Delaware scored six consecutive goals in a come-from-behind win at Hartford last Saturday afternoon. Down 8-5 in the third quarter, the Blue Hens began to make their run with a series of goals that Hartford was not able to overcome, managing one more goal the rest of the game. 

Leading the team in goals was senior All-American attackman Curtis Dickson with four scores, while adding two assists. One of Dickson’s goals proved to be the game-winner.

Dickson has been climbing the national ranks in scoring with a season total of 16 goals and six assists. Teammate Martin Cahill, a senior midfielder, has also tallied 11 goals this season.

With the win, Delaware improves to 3-1 on the season, but falls in the rankings.  Earlier in the week, the Blue Hens suffered a 15-7 loss at the hands of now-No. 5 Johns Hopkins. The United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association Top 20 poll now places Delaware at No. 16, dropping it three spots from No. 13.  The Blue Hens are ranked No. 18 in the latest LAXNews media poll. 

Other CAA teams included in the polls were Massachusetts and Hofstra.  Massachusetts is now ranked No. 12 in the USILA poll, and No. 15 in the LAXNews media poll. Hofstra is No. 11 in the USILA poll, and No. 10 in the LAXNews media poll.

Towson blows lead

Towson took its first defeat, losing 13-9 while hosting then-No. 15 Bucknell in its season opener last Saturday afternoon.

Bucknell senior attackman Tim Brandau netted a career-high six goals, four of which came in the fourth quarter, while adding two assists. Junior attackman Mike Danylyshyn also scored a season-high three goals for Bucknell.

Towson led 5-3 after the second quarter and went into the fourth leading 9-7, but could not hold on as Bucknell went on to score six unanswered goals in the final quarter. Both teams attempted 31 shots, but Bucknell outshot the Tigers 9-7 in the fourth quarter.

Towson’s goals could not have been more evenly distributed, having the nine scores come from nine different players.

With the win, Bucknell moves up two spots to No. 13 in the USILA poll.

Eric Mansfield can be reached at eamansfi@student.umass.edu.