UMass ultimate frisbee reflects on national quarterfinals run -

Monday, May 25, 2015

Former Canisius guard Zach Lewis to transfer to UMass -

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Letter: Deflate-Gate, where’s the air? -

Monday, May 18, 2015

Derrick Gordon announces he will transfer to Seton Hall -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass baseball closes season out with series victory over George Mason -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass to allow four student businesses to accept Dining Dollars next year -

Saturday, May 16, 2015

UMass baseball stymied by John Williams in loss to George Mason -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Jury sentences Tsarnaev to death -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Stop ignoring your white privilege -

Thursday, May 14, 2015

UMass basketball scheduled for showdown with Ole Miss in 2015 Holiday Showcase game -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Letter: Wall is a regression towards racial inequality -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

UMass falls to Fairfield in extra innings in final home game -

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

UMass basketball recruit Marcquise Reed chooses Clemson -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass baseball drops Senior Day rubber match against URI -

Monday, May 11, 2015

Letter: Shocked at radio host’s ban from WMUA -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in second round of NCAA tournament against top-seeded Maryland -

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Neil deGrasse Tyson: ‘It’s okay not to know’ -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Defense, Eipp’s five goals lead UMass women’s lacrosse past Jacksonville in NCAA tournament -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Quianna Diaz-Patterson closes book on historic senior season, successful career for UMass softball -

Friday, May 8, 2015

UMass men’s lacrosse overcomes early struggles to make 2015 playoff run -

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Lincoln and Trizano earn CAA honors

The Colonial Athletic Association announced Monday that Hofstra junior attackman Jamie Lincoln and Drexel freshman attackman Nick Trizano have earned weekly honors for their play last week. Lincoln has been named CAA Player of the Week and Trizano received CAA Rookie of the Week. 

In a 17-14 loss to No. 9 Princeton last Saturday, Lincoln led Hofstra with four goals and an assist, including a game-tying goal with 11 minutes left in the third quarter. The game marked the St. Catherine, Ontario native’s debut with Hofstra. Before transferring to Hofstra, Lincoln played at Denver for two seasons where he scored a total of 53 goals.

In his second game in a Drexel uniform, Trizano scored two goals in a 9-5 home win against Vermont on Saturday. His first goal helped give the Dragons a 3-2 lead in the first quarter and his second put them up for good.

Delaware moves down in polls

Delaware scored six consecutive goals in a come-from-behind win at Hartford last Saturday afternoon. Down 8-5 in the third quarter, the Blue Hens began to make their run with a series of goals that Hartford was not able to overcome, managing one more goal the rest of the game. 

Leading the team in goals was senior All-American attackman Curtis Dickson with four scores, while adding two assists. One of Dickson’s goals proved to be the game-winner.

Dickson has been climbing the national ranks in scoring with a season total of 16 goals and six assists. Teammate Martin Cahill, a senior midfielder, has also tallied 11 goals this season.

With the win, Delaware improves to 3-1 on the season, but falls in the rankings.  Earlier in the week, the Blue Hens suffered a 15-7 loss at the hands of now-No. 5 Johns Hopkins. The United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association Top 20 poll now places Delaware at No. 16, dropping it three spots from No. 13.  The Blue Hens are ranked No. 18 in the latest LAXNews media poll. 

Other CAA teams included in the polls were Massachusetts and Hofstra.  Massachusetts is now ranked No. 12 in the USILA poll, and No. 15 in the LAXNews media poll. Hofstra is No. 11 in the USILA poll, and No. 10 in the LAXNews media poll.

Towson blows lead

Towson took its first defeat, losing 13-9 while hosting then-No. 15 Bucknell in its season opener last Saturday afternoon.

Bucknell senior attackman Tim Brandau netted a career-high six goals, four of which came in the fourth quarter, while adding two assists. Junior attackman Mike Danylyshyn also scored a season-high three goals for Bucknell.

Towson led 5-3 after the second quarter and went into the fourth leading 9-7, but could not hold on as Bucknell went on to score six unanswered goals in the final quarter. Both teams attempted 31 shots, but Bucknell outshot the Tigers 9-7 in the fourth quarter.

Towson’s goals could not have been more evenly distributed, having the nine scores come from nine different players.

With the win, Bucknell moves up two spots to No. 13 in the USILA poll.

Eric Mansfield can be reached at eamansfi@student.umass.edu.

You must be logged in to post a comment.