UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Route 9 Diner to reopen under new ownership -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Rising UMass sophomore dies unexpectedly -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

UMass football fall camp day four: Veteran offensive line boasts chemistry, looks to improve run blocking -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A colorful UMass homecoming -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Potential nighttime and weekend parking fee at UMass tabled -

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

UMass football fall camp day three: Ex-quarterbacks A.J. Doyle, Andrew Verboys continue transitions to new positions -

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

UMass football fall camp day two: Defensive secondary hopes experience, added depth brings greater consistency -

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Lincoln and Trizano earn CAA honors

The Colonial Athletic Association announced Monday that Hofstra junior attackman Jamie Lincoln and Drexel freshman attackman Nick Trizano have earned weekly honors for their play last week. Lincoln has been named CAA Player of the Week and Trizano received CAA Rookie of the Week. 

In a 17-14 loss to No. 9 Princeton last Saturday, Lincoln led Hofstra with four goals and an assist, including a game-tying goal with 11 minutes left in the third quarter. The game marked the St. Catherine, Ontario native’s debut with Hofstra. Before transferring to Hofstra, Lincoln played at Denver for two seasons where he scored a total of 53 goals.

In his second game in a Drexel uniform, Trizano scored two goals in a 9-5 home win against Vermont on Saturday. His first goal helped give the Dragons a 3-2 lead in the first quarter and his second put them up for good.

Delaware moves down in polls

Delaware scored six consecutive goals in a come-from-behind win at Hartford last Saturday afternoon. Down 8-5 in the third quarter, the Blue Hens began to make their run with a series of goals that Hartford was not able to overcome, managing one more goal the rest of the game. 

Leading the team in goals was senior All-American attackman Curtis Dickson with four scores, while adding two assists. One of Dickson’s goals proved to be the game-winner.

Dickson has been climbing the national ranks in scoring with a season total of 16 goals and six assists. Teammate Martin Cahill, a senior midfielder, has also tallied 11 goals this season.

With the win, Delaware improves to 3-1 on the season, but falls in the rankings.  Earlier in the week, the Blue Hens suffered a 15-7 loss at the hands of now-No. 5 Johns Hopkins. The United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association Top 20 poll now places Delaware at No. 16, dropping it three spots from No. 13.  The Blue Hens are ranked No. 18 in the latest LAXNews media poll. 

Other CAA teams included in the polls were Massachusetts and Hofstra.  Massachusetts is now ranked No. 12 in the USILA poll, and No. 15 in the LAXNews media poll. Hofstra is No. 11 in the USILA poll, and No. 10 in the LAXNews media poll.

Towson blows lead

Towson took its first defeat, losing 13-9 while hosting then-No. 15 Bucknell in its season opener last Saturday afternoon.

Bucknell senior attackman Tim Brandau netted a career-high six goals, four of which came in the fourth quarter, while adding two assists. Junior attackman Mike Danylyshyn also scored a season-high three goals for Bucknell.

Towson led 5-3 after the second quarter and went into the fourth leading 9-7, but could not hold on as Bucknell went on to score six unanswered goals in the final quarter. Both teams attempted 31 shots, but Bucknell outshot the Tigers 9-7 in the fourth quarter.

Towson’s goals could not have been more evenly distributed, having the nine scores come from nine different players.

With the win, Bucknell moves up two spots to No. 13 in the USILA poll.

Eric Mansfield can be reached at eamansfi@student.umass.edu.