UMass men’s soccer look to surprise the Atlantic 10 conference for the second consecutive season -

Third and 20 S2 Episode 8 -

Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

“The afterglow will continue for a long, long time”

As Bob Costas said, “the afterglow [of the games] will continue for a long, long time,” as he and the other announcers were able to interview the main stars of the Winter Olympic Games.

Joannie Rochette was interviewed first, talking about the loss of her mother mere days before she was set to take the ice. The bronze medalist said that when remembering these games it will always bring about sad memories, but great ones as well. The American announcers, in their own asides, keep mentioning her strength, saying that she won the hearts of the world. She indicated that after some downtime with her family at her parent’s home, she will be back.

American figure skater Evan Lysacek, too, has expressed interest in returning to the ice.

Alexandre Bilodeau, the first Canadian to win a gold medal on their home soil, in men’s moguls, was very impressed with the city of Vancouver. As partygoers wave flags from their home nations in the background, Bilodeau admitted he had never seen his country party that hard before.

So, after more somewhat obsure Canadian artists (French singer Marie-Mai, Hedley and Simple Plan, who were probably best left in their 2003 glory) sang some high-octane songs, the games and the following party were declared officially over. A bittersweet moment, these games will always be remembered for the scenes they showed as they rolled the credits- the beautiful, picturesque scenery of Canada and amazing feats of athleticism from athletes world-wide.

For anyone who didn’t catch the Closing Ceremony, it’s repeating in full again on NBC right now!