Three new students appointed as SGA special assistants -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Allymohamed scores game winner after suffering facial injury against Boston University -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Loaded weekend against Marist, Keene State challenges UMass club hockey -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

UMass football seeing improvement on both the offensive and defensive lines -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Remembering Derek Jeter: an appraisal -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Yellowcard switches things up on “Lift a Sail” -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Campus Sustainability Day to take place Wednesday -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Woosley paces UMass tennis at the ITA Northeast Regionals -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sonny Landreth performs intense, brief set at the Iron Horse -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tinashe impresses on debut album, “Aquarius” -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ebola coverage is misinforming -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Two counts of larceny occur over the weekend -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

UMass student charged in connection with alleged involvement in racist vandalisms -

Monday, October 20, 2014

UMass student found dead in McNamara Hall -

Monday, October 20, 2014

Protect Our Breasts runs Breast Cancer Awareness campaign -

Monday, October 20, 2014

Underclassmen lead UMass hockey to first victory of the season -

Monday, October 20, 2014

Super Smash Bros. 3DS: A classic revitalized -

Monday, October 20, 2014

Dear Chancellor: Improve the FAC -

Monday, October 20, 2014

UMass women’s soccer shut out by Rhode Island -

Monday, October 20, 2014

Students at UMass rally to show support for Hong Kong -

Monday, October 20, 2014

Rumor confirmed: Ludacris to headline Spring Concert

(Courtesy ludacris.net)

The rumors are confirmed and it’s no April Fool’s joke: Ludacris will be headlining the Spring Concert 2010 hosted by the University Programming Council. Those who weren’t able to dish out the money to see Jay-Z will now have an opportunity to see one of the most successful rap artists of our generation right here at the Mullins Center on April 25.

Ludacris

As much of the campus has been talking about for quite some time now, the Grammy Award winning rapper will be the main act of this year’s big show. Before he comes to our very own arena, Luda will be making stops along the West Coast in San Jose, Calif., Sacremento, Calif., Tacoma, Wash., and Vancouver, BC. In a recent concert in Philadelphia, he played most of his hits including “Stand Up,” “Move Bitch,” and “What’s Your Fantasy” as well as his latest hit, “How Low,” according to Setlist.fm. His latest album “Battle of the Sexes,” released on March 9, topped the Billboard Top 200 in it’s first week and is currently third behind Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now” and Marvin Sapp’s “Here I Am.”

New Found Glory

After becoming obsolete for what seemed like decades, the emo rockers will bring their Not Without a Fight and Self Titled Anniversary Tour to Amherst alongside Luda. New Found Glory, known mainly for their hits “All Downhill From Here” and “Catalyst,” released their latest album “Not Without a Fight” on March 10. While their music is not nearly as popular as it used to be, guitarist Chad Gilbert has been in the news for his open relationship with Hayley Williams from Paramore – last year’s main rock act for the Spring Concert.

LMFAO and the Electrolightz

Electronic rockers LMFAO and the Electrolightz will be the opening acts for the concert. The duo LMFAO has been rather popular of late for their hit song “Shots,” in which they collaborated with rapper Lil’ Jon. Electrolightz have recently been touring alongside the pair and will bring a similar style of music to the inevitably lively crowd.

Battle of the Band winner – C-Banga

Arena funk rapper C-Banga won the 2010 Battle of the Bands and the opening slot at the Spring Concert. Backed by Malado, the band who were also a part of last year’s champions, C-Banga impressed the crowd and judges with their danceable jams and some 80s inspired synthesized beats. Skasome Society had a strong showing, but were edged out by the rap group. After they were announced as the victor, C-Banga said, “Thank you so much, UMass, Luda here we come!”

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. today, April 1, at the Mullins Center Box Office. UMass students must provide a valid UMass ID to receive their free ticket. The concert is $15 for Five College students and $35 for the general public. The show is on April 25 at the Mullins Center. Doors open at 5 p.m.

Justin Gagnon can be reached at jgagnon@dailycollegian.com

2 Responses to “Rumor confirmed: Ludacris to headline Spring Concert”
  1. Gee Skillet says:

Correcrtion C-Banga and The Bang Boyz

2. Will Blaszwicz says:

I didn’t go to the Battle but all I needed to see on the facebook page was that Malado would be playing, so I figured UPC had already crowned them as the winners