SGA outlines plan to involve students in proposed IT fee process -

Thursday, May 28, 2015

UMass ultimate frisbee reflects on national quarterfinals run -

Monday, May 25, 2015

Former Canisius guard Zach Lewis to transfer to UMass -

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Letter: Deflate-Gate, where’s the air? -

Monday, May 18, 2015

Derrick Gordon announces he will transfer to Seton Hall -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass baseball closes season out with series victory over George Mason -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass to allow four student businesses to accept Dining Dollars next year -

Saturday, May 16, 2015

UMass baseball stymied by John Williams in loss to George Mason -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Jury sentences Tsarnaev to death -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Stop ignoring your white privilege -

Thursday, May 14, 2015

UMass basketball scheduled for showdown with Ole Miss in 2015 Holiday Showcase game -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Letter: Wall is a regression towards racial inequality -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

UMass falls to Fairfield in extra innings in final home game -

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

UMass basketball recruit Marcquise Reed chooses Clemson -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass baseball drops Senior Day rubber match against URI -

Monday, May 11, 2015

Letter: Shocked at radio host’s ban from WMUA -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in second round of NCAA tournament against top-seeded Maryland -

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Neil deGrasse Tyson: ‘It’s okay not to know’ -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Defense, Eipp’s five goals lead UMass women’s lacrosse past Jacksonville in NCAA tournament -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Quianna Diaz-Patterson closes book on historic senior season, successful career for UMass softball -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Rumor confirmed: Ludacris to headline Spring Concert

(Courtesy ludacris.net)

The rumors are confirmed and it’s no April Fool’s joke: Ludacris will be headlining the Spring Concert 2010 hosted by the University Programming Council. Those who weren’t able to dish out the money to see Jay-Z will now have an opportunity to see one of the most successful rap artists of our generation right here at the Mullins Center on April 25.

Ludacris

As much of the campus has been talking about for quite some time now, the Grammy Award winning rapper will be the main act of this year’s big show. Before he comes to our very own arena, Luda will be making stops along the West Coast in San Jose, Calif., Sacremento, Calif., Tacoma, Wash., and Vancouver, BC. In a recent concert in Philadelphia, he played most of his hits including “Stand Up,” “Move Bitch,” and “What’s Your Fantasy” as well as his latest hit, “How Low,” according to Setlist.fm. His latest album “Battle of the Sexes,” released on March 9, topped the Billboard Top 200 in it’s first week and is currently third behind Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now” and Marvin Sapp’s “Here I Am.”

New Found Glory

After becoming obsolete for what seemed like decades, the emo rockers will bring their Not Without a Fight and Self Titled Anniversary Tour to Amherst alongside Luda. New Found Glory, known mainly for their hits “All Downhill From Here” and “Catalyst,” released their latest album “Not Without a Fight” on March 10. While their music is not nearly as popular as it used to be, guitarist Chad Gilbert has been in the news for his open relationship with Hayley Williams from Paramore – last year’s main rock act for the Spring Concert.

LMFAO and the Electrolightz

Electronic rockers LMFAO and the Electrolightz will be the opening acts for the concert. The duo LMFAO has been rather popular of late for their hit song “Shots,” in which they collaborated with rapper Lil’ Jon. Electrolightz have recently been touring alongside the pair and will bring a similar style of music to the inevitably lively crowd.

Battle of the Band winner – C-Banga

Arena funk rapper C-Banga won the 2010 Battle of the Bands and the opening slot at the Spring Concert. Backed by Malado, the band who were also a part of last year’s champions, C-Banga impressed the crowd and judges with their danceable jams and some 80s inspired synthesized beats. Skasome Society had a strong showing, but were edged out by the rap group. After they were announced as the victor, C-Banga said, “Thank you so much, UMass, Luda here we come!”

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. today, April 1, at the Mullins Center Box Office. UMass students must provide a valid UMass ID to receive their free ticket. The concert is $15 for Five College students and $35 for the general public. The show is on April 25 at the Mullins Center. Doors open at 5 p.m.

Justin Gagnon can be reached at jgagnon@dailycollegian.com

2 Responses to “Rumor confirmed: Ludacris to headline Spring Concert”
  1. Gee Skillet says:

Correcrtion C-Banga and The Bang Boyz

2. Will Blaszwicz says:

I didn’t go to the Battle but all I needed to see on the facebook page was that Malado would be playing, so I figured UPC had already crowned them as the winners

You must be logged in to post a comment.