UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

Rumor confirmed: Ludacris to headline Spring Concert

(Courtesy ludacris.net)

The rumors are confirmed and it’s no April Fool’s joke: Ludacris will be headlining the Spring Concert 2010 hosted by the University Programming Council. Those who weren’t able to dish out the money to see Jay-Z will now have an opportunity to see one of the most successful rap artists of our generation right here at the Mullins Center on April 25.

Ludacris

As much of the campus has been talking about for quite some time now, the Grammy Award winning rapper will be the main act of this year’s big show. Before he comes to our very own arena, Luda will be making stops along the West Coast in San Jose, Calif., Sacremento, Calif., Tacoma, Wash., and Vancouver, BC. In a recent concert in Philadelphia, he played most of his hits including “Stand Up,” “Move Bitch,” and “What’s Your Fantasy” as well as his latest hit, “How Low,” according to Setlist.fm. His latest album “Battle of the Sexes,” released on March 9, topped the Billboard Top 200 in it’s first week and is currently third behind Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now” and Marvin Sapp’s “Here I Am.”

New Found Glory

After becoming obsolete for what seemed like decades, the emo rockers will bring their Not Without a Fight and Self Titled Anniversary Tour to Amherst alongside Luda. New Found Glory, known mainly for their hits “All Downhill From Here” and “Catalyst,” released their latest album “Not Without a Fight” on March 10. While their music is not nearly as popular as it used to be, guitarist Chad Gilbert has been in the news for his open relationship with Hayley Williams from Paramore – last year’s main rock act for the Spring Concert.

LMFAO and the Electrolightz

Electronic rockers LMFAO and the Electrolightz will be the opening acts for the concert. The duo LMFAO has been rather popular of late for their hit song “Shots,” in which they collaborated with rapper Lil’ Jon. Electrolightz have recently been touring alongside the pair and will bring a similar style of music to the inevitably lively crowd.

Battle of the Band winner – C-Banga

Arena funk rapper C-Banga won the 2010 Battle of the Bands and the opening slot at the Spring Concert. Backed by Malado, the band who were also a part of last year’s champions, C-Banga impressed the crowd and judges with their danceable jams and some 80s inspired synthesized beats. Skasome Society had a strong showing, but were edged out by the rap group. After they were announced as the victor, C-Banga said, “Thank you so much, UMass, Luda here we come!”

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. today, April 1, at the Mullins Center Box Office. UMass students must provide a valid UMass ID to receive their free ticket. The concert is $15 for Five College students and $35 for the general public. The show is on April 25 at the Mullins Center. Doors open at 5 p.m.

Justin Gagnon can be reached at jgagnon@dailycollegian.com

2 Responses to “Rumor confirmed: Ludacris to headline Spring Concert”
  1. Gee Skillet says:

Correcrtion C-Banga and The Bang Boyz

2. Will Blaszwicz says:

I didn’t go to the Battle but all I needed to see on the facebook page was that Malado would be playing, so I figured UPC had already crowned them as the winners