UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Route 9 Diner to reopen under new ownership -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Rising UMass sophomore dies unexpectedly -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

UMass football fall camp day four: Veteran offensive line boasts chemistry, looks to improve run blocking -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A colorful UMass homecoming -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Potential nighttime and weekend parking fee at UMass tabled -

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

GetWellMeals_WebBanners

GetWellMeals_WebBanners

Rumor confirmed: Ludacris to headline Spring Concert

(Courtesy ludacris.net)

The rumors are confirmed and it’s no April Fool’s joke: Ludacris will be headlining the Spring Concert 2010 hosted by the University Programming Council. Those who weren’t able to dish out the money to see Jay-Z will now have an opportunity to see one of the most successful rap artists of our generation right here at the Mullins Center on April 25.

Ludacris

As much of the campus has been talking about for quite some time now, the Grammy Award winning rapper will be the main act of this year’s big show. Before he comes to our very own arena, Luda will be making stops along the West Coast in San Jose, Calif., Sacremento, Calif., Tacoma, Wash., and Vancouver, BC. In a recent concert in Philadelphia, he played most of his hits including “Stand Up,” “Move Bitch,” and “What’s Your Fantasy” as well as his latest hit, “How Low,” according to Setlist.fm. His latest album “Battle of the Sexes,” released on March 9, topped the Billboard Top 200 in it’s first week and is currently third behind Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now” and Marvin Sapp’s “Here I Am.”

New Found Glory

After becoming obsolete for what seemed like decades, the emo rockers will bring their Not Without a Fight and Self Titled Anniversary Tour to Amherst alongside Luda. New Found Glory, known mainly for their hits “All Downhill From Here” and “Catalyst,” released their latest album “Not Without a Fight” on March 10. While their music is not nearly as popular as it used to be, guitarist Chad Gilbert has been in the news for his open relationship with Hayley Williams from Paramore – last year’s main rock act for the Spring Concert.

LMFAO and the Electrolightz

Electronic rockers LMFAO and the Electrolightz will be the opening acts for the concert. The duo LMFAO has been rather popular of late for their hit song “Shots,” in which they collaborated with rapper Lil’ Jon. Electrolightz have recently been touring alongside the pair and will bring a similar style of music to the inevitably lively crowd.

Battle of the Band winner – C-Banga

Arena funk rapper C-Banga won the 2010 Battle of the Bands and the opening slot at the Spring Concert. Backed by Malado, the band who were also a part of last year’s champions, C-Banga impressed the crowd and judges with their danceable jams and some 80s inspired synthesized beats. Skasome Society had a strong showing, but were edged out by the rap group. After they were announced as the victor, C-Banga said, “Thank you so much, UMass, Luda here we come!”

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. today, April 1, at the Mullins Center Box Office. UMass students must provide a valid UMass ID to receive their free ticket. The concert is $15 for Five College students and $35 for the general public. The show is on April 25 at the Mullins Center. Doors open at 5 p.m.

Justin Gagnon can be reached at jgagnon@dailycollegian.com

2 Responses to “Rumor confirmed: Ludacris to headline Spring Concert”
  1. Gee Skillet says:

Correcrtion C-Banga and The Bang Boyz

2. Will Blaszwicz says:

I didn’t go to the Battle but all I needed to see on the facebook page was that Malado would be playing, so I figured UPC had already crowned them as the winners