The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

UMass to host 9-Way Meet

The Massachusetts track and field teams will host the Nine-Way Meet this weekend in Amherst. UMass will be competing against Albany, Amherst, Holy Cross, Hartford, Trinity, Central Connecticut State University, Boston College, Williams and Yale.

Both the men’s and women’s teams began the season with third place finishes at the Connecticut Invitational. Each squad will have some tough competition this weekend. Alex Leuchanka, a freshman of Albany won the 10,000-meter run last weekend at the Duke Invitational and won American East conference track honors as did Laura Cummings of Albany, who placed first in the women’s 3,000 meter steeplechase.

BC and CCSU bring experienced sprinters to the table as well as Amherst, which has a strong distance team and excels in the field events.

To combat their opponents, the Minutemen will have a variety of athletes of different ages to help the team. Upperclassmen such as Tyler Cotto will lead the sprinting team, after a successful indoor season as well as underclassmen such as freshmen Joe Doyle and Nick Otis who had successful indoor seasons in the mid-distance events and look to continue that success in the spring.

Sophomore hurdler and jumper Zachary Koncki qualified for the New England Championships last weekend in the long jump and 110-meter hurdles, and will likely lead the jumping events. Tyler Cotto will lead the sprinting team, coming off a successful indoor season during the winter.

Both the men and women have strong throwing teams. Senior Chris Vercollone, who won the javelin throw last weekend, throwing for the fifth-best distance at UMass, will be a factor. Lisa Wilson, a thrower for the women, excels in the shot put, discus and hammer throw.     

The meet begins at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. UMass will also host the A-10 Championships later in the spring.

Michael Counos can be reached at mcounos@student.umass.edu.