Report: UMass football’s Todd Stafford arrested Saturday morning in Stamford, Connecticut -

Monday, July 20, 2015

UMass names Molly O’Mara newly-created associate director of athletics for communications and PR -

Monday, July 20, 2015

Baker approves state budget, UMass to receive $5.25 million less than legislature’s proposed figure -

Friday, July 17, 2015

UMass bathroom policy to provide comfort, safety for transgender and non-gender conforming students -

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Long-time UMass professor Normand Berlin, 83, dies -

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

UMass professor and poet James Tate dies at 71 -

Thursday, July 9, 2015

State legislators propose budget, UMass could receive almost $532 million -

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cause of death determined for UMass student Chloe Malast -

Monday, July 6, 2015

Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Former UMass star Tony Gaffney signs with Celtics

Former Massachusetts men’s basketball player, Tony Gaffney has signed a contract with the Boston Celtics and could possibly suit up for the team’s game tonight in Chicago.

According to The Daily Hampshire Gazette, the signing also includes a non-guaranteed contract for next year.

After leaving UMass, Gaffney — a lifelong Celtics fan from Somerset MA. — signed a free agent contract with the Los Angeles Lakers.

With Los Angeles being the first team to offer Gaffney a contract, he said it was easy to switch his allegiances.

“I immediately went from a die-hard Celtics fan to a die-hard Lakers fan,” Gaffney said last August.

“That part was easy,” Gaffney later added. “They were the first team to give me the opportunity to play in the NBA, and it was easy falling in love with the Lakers organization.”

After playing for their summer league team, Gaffney was offered an invitation to the Lakers preseason camp, but was later cut. He then went to play overseas in Isreal before breaking his foot.

Now Gaffney will have to switch his allegiances back to where they all began, with the Celtics being the first NBA team to give him a shot to actually play in an NBA game. The Celtics have two games remaining on their regular season schedule before heading to the playoffs, where Gaffney is expected to join them.

As a senior for the UMass, Gaffney averaged a double-double with 11.5 points and 10.2 rebounds per game while also ranking third in the country with and 3.8 blocks per game.