UMass football boasts young, balanced rushing attack going into 2016 season -

UMass football looks to add more size, depth on defensive side heading into 2016 -

UMass football gets back in action with start of training camp -

UMass football coach Mark Whipple announces Ross Comis as starting quarterback, transfer Andrew Ford close behind -

Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

Former UMass star Tony Gaffney signs with Celtics

Former Massachusetts men’s basketball player, Tony Gaffney has signed a contract with the Boston Celtics and could possibly suit up for the team’s game tonight in Chicago.

According to The Daily Hampshire Gazette, the signing also includes a non-guaranteed contract for next year.

After leaving UMass, Gaffney — a lifelong Celtics fan from Somerset MA. — signed a free agent contract with the Los Angeles Lakers.

With Los Angeles being the first team to offer Gaffney a contract, he said it was easy to switch his allegiances.

“I immediately went from a die-hard Celtics fan to a die-hard Lakers fan,” Gaffney said last August.

“That part was easy,” Gaffney later added. “They were the first team to give me the opportunity to play in the NBA, and it was easy falling in love with the Lakers organization.”

After playing for their summer league team, Gaffney was offered an invitation to the Lakers preseason camp, but was later cut. He then went to play overseas in Isreal before breaking his foot.

Now Gaffney will have to switch his allegiances back to where they all began, with the Celtics being the first NBA team to give him a shot to actually play in an NBA game. The Celtics have two games remaining on their regular season schedule before heading to the playoffs, where Gaffney is expected to join them.

As a senior for the UMass, Gaffney averaged a double-double with 11.5 points and 10.2 rebounds per game while also ranking third in the country with and 3.8 blocks per game.