Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

The EpiPen Crisis: How did this happen? -

Cymbals Eat Guitars evolve and impress on “Pretty Years” -

Former UMass star Tony Gaffney signs with Celtics

Former Massachusetts men’s basketball player, Tony Gaffney has signed a contract with the Boston Celtics and could possibly suit up for the team’s game tonight in Chicago.

According to The Daily Hampshire Gazette, the signing also includes a non-guaranteed contract for next year.

After leaving UMass, Gaffney — a lifelong Celtics fan from Somerset MA. — signed a free agent contract with the Los Angeles Lakers.

With Los Angeles being the first team to offer Gaffney a contract, he said it was easy to switch his allegiances.

“I immediately went from a die-hard Celtics fan to a die-hard Lakers fan,” Gaffney said last August.

“That part was easy,” Gaffney later added. “They were the first team to give me the opportunity to play in the NBA, and it was easy falling in love with the Lakers organization.”

After playing for their summer league team, Gaffney was offered an invitation to the Lakers preseason camp, but was later cut. He then went to play overseas in Isreal before breaking his foot.

Now Gaffney will have to switch his allegiances back to where they all began, with the Celtics being the first NBA team to give him a shot to actually play in an NBA game. The Celtics have two games remaining on their regular season schedule before heading to the playoffs, where Gaffney is expected to join them.

As a senior for the UMass, Gaffney averaged a double-double with 11.5 points and 10.2 rebounds per game while also ranking third in the country with and 3.8 blocks per game.