UMass men’s lacrosse falls to 0-4 with Saturday’s defeat to Brown -

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Strong second half snaps three-game losing streak for UMass -

Saturday, February 28, 2015

‘UMass basketball’ returns in victory over Fordham -

Saturday, February 28, 2015

First quarter woes sink UMass men’s lacrosse in Grant Whiteway’s return -

Saturday, February 28, 2015

UMass hockey falls flat in regular season finale to UConn -

Saturday, February 28, 2015

UMass hockey stumbles offensively against UConn’s tough defensive corps -

Saturday, February 28, 2015

UMass seeks increased energy as it hosts Fordham -

Friday, February 27, 2015

Report: UMass continues search for new athletic director, DeFilippo not an option -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

UPDATE: Police to charge UMass football player with two counts of aggravated assault and battery -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Students for Justice in Palestine, administration react to inflammatory posters -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

UMass falls short, lacks energy in 82-71 loss to Saint Joseph’s -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Drake’s surprise mixtape yields few surprises -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Potential shutdown of the Department of Homeland Security offers chance for Republican legislature to learn from its mistakes -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Jose Gonzalez returns with graceful “Vestiges & Claws” -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Winless UMass faces Brown -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

SGA to host Women’s Leadership Symposium -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

UMass women’s basketball finishes road schedule with matchup against Dayton -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Keystone XL pipeline sparks pollution awareness -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dartmouth and Fordham to start stretch of key games for Minutewomen -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

DeAndre Bembry has career day in win over UMass -

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Men’s Basketball 2010-2011 schedule released

Last season, the Massachusetts men’s basketball team gained the experience of playing a competitive schedule against some of the nation’s top teams. If there’s anything UMass coach Derek Kellogg learned from those games, it’s that his team still has some work to do before it can compete with some of the teams from last year’s schedule.

The Minutemen labored through their rigorous non-conference slate through most of last year, with the exception of their buzzer-beating one-point win against Memphis at TD Garden.

This season, the focus for UMass’ schedule is more about exposing itself to fans around the area than getting national attention. It will play 21 games within 90 miles of Amherst and will play teams from across the state.

However, this year should feature some familiar teams during the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament in Springfield, Mass.

Kellogg and Co. will begin the tournament at home with games against Rider on Nov. 12 and Sacred Heart on Nov. 17.

On Nov. 20, the Minutemen will then square off against New Mexico State, who nearly defeated Michigan State in the NCAA tournament while Southern California will play Bradley. The winners will play in the championship game while the losers will play a consolation game on Nov. 21.

UMass will play another game at the Garden against cross-state rival Boston College on Dec. 4. The Battle of the Commonwealth previously alternated between the Mullins Center and the Conte Forum.

The Minutemen will be the beneficiary of two home-and-home deals with Seton Hall (Dec. 11) and Central Florida (Dec. 22).

UMass’ last game of 2010 is going to be at home against Boston University. The Minutemen faced the Terriers last year during a closed-door scrimmage at the beginning of last season.

UMass’ Atlantic 10 play kicks off on Jan. 9 at home against Dayton. After a road game against Xavier on Jan. 12, the Maroon and White play at the MassMutual Center in Springfield against La Salle.

The Minutemen get a rematch against Richmond, who beat them in the A-10 quarterfinals at home, on Jan. 22.

From there, UMass will hit the road to New York to face St. Bonaventure before returning home for a rematch of the last regular season game against Rhode Island on Jan. 30. The last time the two teams met, former standout guard Ricky Harris hit a last-second shot to put the Minutemen in the A-10 tournament.

The team eventually heads to URI three weeks later after a four-game stretch, which features Rick Majerus’s Saint Louis squad (Feb. 2), which was nearly good enough to make the NCAA tournament had inexperience not gotten in their way.

SLU will look to be more of a serious threat this season, with a year of additional experience.

The final game at the Mullins Center will be against Temple (March 2), who should once again contend for the A-10 title. The regular season will conclude March 5 when UMass takes a trip to the Bronx to face Fordham.

The Rams went 0-16 in A-10 play, but now have a new coach in Tom Pecora.

The At-10 tournament starts March 8, where the Minutemen hope to build on their performance from last year. The First Round winners will qualify to play in Atlantic City, N.J.

Adam Miller can be reached at amiller@dailycollegian.com.