UMass football boasts young, balanced rushing attack going into 2016 season -

UMass football looks to add more size, depth on defensive side heading into 2016 -

UMass football gets back in action with start of training camp -

UMass football coach Mark Whipple announces Ross Comis as starting quarterback, transfer Andrew Ford close behind -

Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

Minutewomen win twice over weekend

The Massachusetts women’s soccer team put on a stunning offensive show on the road against Fairfield that ended with a 4-0 victory on Sunday.

The Stags (3-3-0) found themselves on the wrong end of a game that saw junior Deanna Colarossi score twice as sophomore Emily Cota secured her second shutout of the season and the third of her career.

The Minutewomen (3-2-0) scored twice in the first half while out-shooting Fairfield, 14-3.

Senior Ashley Hamel scored the first goal of the game and her second of the season at the 31 minute, 57 second mark off of a pass from junior Meghan Collins. Colarossi followed up with a tally of her own less than 10 minutes later.

In the second half, freshman Blair Ferry scored her first-ever collegiate goal in the 59th minute of play off a shot by senior co-captain Therese Smith. The midfielder then set up the fourth goal of the game with a long pass to Colarossi, who connected with the back of the net on the 87th minute of play. That goal would be the second on the day for Colarossi, bringing her season total to three.

Cota provided a strong performance in net for the second straight game, turning away seven Fairfield shots for the Minutewomen’s second shutout of the year.

When the final whistle blew, UMass finished with a 20-11 shot advantage. The Minutewomen have now out-shot their opponents 89-60 this season.

On Friday, it pulled off a come-from-behind 2-1 victory in double overtime against New Hampshire at Rudd field.

Though the UMass offense beat out the Wildcats in shots, 21-10, and corner kicks, 6-1, the first tally didn’t come until the 82nd minute of the contest, in which UNH attacker Jordyn Krall put a low shot past goalkeeper Emily Cota.

Junior Meghan Collins then struck back for UMass in the 88th minute, tying the game with a shot that came amid a mad scramble in front of the opposing net. From there, the score would sit at one apiece until well into the second overtime period.

The Maroon and White kept applying pressure to the UNH defense, bringing play after play well into the opposing zone and onto Wildcat goalkeeper Erica Correa’s doorstep. The closest chance came at the 63:46 mark, in which senior Ashley Hamel shot a beauty that rolled just wide of crossing the goal line.

Just three minutes later, Hamel sealed the deal with the golden goal that made it past the far post off of a pass from freshman Kayla Austin. The goal was the first tally for Hamel in her UMass career.

Correa put up a solid game in net for UNH despite the loss. She had 10 saves in the losing effort.

David Martin can be reached at dmmartin@student.umass.edu