Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

The EpiPen Crisis: How did this happen? -

Cymbals Eat Guitars evolve and impress on “Pretty Years” -

Minutewomen win twice over weekend

The Massachusetts women’s soccer team put on a stunning offensive show on the road against Fairfield that ended with a 4-0 victory on Sunday.

The Stags (3-3-0) found themselves on the wrong end of a game that saw junior Deanna Colarossi score twice as sophomore Emily Cota secured her second shutout of the season and the third of her career.

The Minutewomen (3-2-0) scored twice in the first half while out-shooting Fairfield, 14-3.

Senior Ashley Hamel scored the first goal of the game and her second of the season at the 31 minute, 57 second mark off of a pass from junior Meghan Collins. Colarossi followed up with a tally of her own less than 10 minutes later.

In the second half, freshman Blair Ferry scored her first-ever collegiate goal in the 59th minute of play off a shot by senior co-captain Therese Smith. The midfielder then set up the fourth goal of the game with a long pass to Colarossi, who connected with the back of the net on the 87th minute of play. That goal would be the second on the day for Colarossi, bringing her season total to three.

Cota provided a strong performance in net for the second straight game, turning away seven Fairfield shots for the Minutewomen’s second shutout of the year.

When the final whistle blew, UMass finished with a 20-11 shot advantage. The Minutewomen have now out-shot their opponents 89-60 this season.

On Friday, it pulled off a come-from-behind 2-1 victory in double overtime against New Hampshire at Rudd field.

Though the UMass offense beat out the Wildcats in shots, 21-10, and corner kicks, 6-1, the first tally didn’t come until the 82nd minute of the contest, in which UNH attacker Jordyn Krall put a low shot past goalkeeper Emily Cota.

Junior Meghan Collins then struck back for UMass in the 88th minute, tying the game with a shot that came amid a mad scramble in front of the opposing net. From there, the score would sit at one apiece until well into the second overtime period.

The Maroon and White kept applying pressure to the UNH defense, bringing play after play well into the opposing zone and onto Wildcat goalkeeper Erica Correa’s doorstep. The closest chance came at the 63:46 mark, in which senior Ashley Hamel shot a beauty that rolled just wide of crossing the goal line.

Just three minutes later, Hamel sealed the deal with the golden goal that made it past the far post off of a pass from freshman Kayla Austin. The goal was the first tally for Hamel in her UMass career.

Correa put up a solid game in net for UNH despite the loss. She had 10 saves in the losing effort.

David Martin can be reached at dmmartin@student.umass.edu