Front to Back: Week of Oct. 27, 2014 -

Friday, October 31, 2014

Blog Post: What the FAC -

Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Special Issue -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

UM alumni hopeful for their up-and-coming snowboard company -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

UMass hockey looks to end road trip on a high note with weekend series against Maine -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

#WrongDoor: Why I am not surprised? -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

B-horror films: hits and misses of the nightmare genre -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Appreciating campus workers -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

UMass hosts Ebola panel to address concerns of the public -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

UMass Democrats hope to get more students connected -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

The broke college student horror comic buyers guide -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

UMass Republican Club: Not just for Republicans -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

To live and die and live again -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Five reasons why Halloween is the best holiday -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

The anatomy of a horror game -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Berger has first shot at securing starting role with UMass basketball -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Robert Johnson’s deal with the devil -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Humans vs. Zombies: UMass’ most dangerous game -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Group Halloween costumes inspired by the roles of Hollywood icons -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

A haunting at UMass -

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Minutewomen win twice over weekend

The Massachusetts women’s soccer team put on a stunning offensive show on the road against Fairfield that ended with a 4-0 victory on Sunday.

The Stags (3-3-0) found themselves on the wrong end of a game that saw junior Deanna Colarossi score twice as sophomore Emily Cota secured her second shutout of the season and the third of her career.

The Minutewomen (3-2-0) scored twice in the first half while out-shooting Fairfield, 14-3.

Senior Ashley Hamel scored the first goal of the game and her second of the season at the 31 minute, 57 second mark off of a pass from junior Meghan Collins. Colarossi followed up with a tally of her own less than 10 minutes later.

In the second half, freshman Blair Ferry scored her first-ever collegiate goal in the 59th minute of play off a shot by senior co-captain Therese Smith. The midfielder then set up the fourth goal of the game with a long pass to Colarossi, who connected with the back of the net on the 87th minute of play. That goal would be the second on the day for Colarossi, bringing her season total to three.

Cota provided a strong performance in net for the second straight game, turning away seven Fairfield shots for the Minutewomen’s second shutout of the year.

When the final whistle blew, UMass finished with a 20-11 shot advantage. The Minutewomen have now out-shot their opponents 89-60 this season.

On Friday, it pulled off a come-from-behind 2-1 victory in double overtime against New Hampshire at Rudd field.

Though the UMass offense beat out the Wildcats in shots, 21-10, and corner kicks, 6-1, the first tally didn’t come until the 82nd minute of the contest, in which UNH attacker Jordyn Krall put a low shot past goalkeeper Emily Cota.

Junior Meghan Collins then struck back for UMass in the 88th minute, tying the game with a shot that came amid a mad scramble in front of the opposing net. From there, the score would sit at one apiece until well into the second overtime period.

The Maroon and White kept applying pressure to the UNH defense, bringing play after play well into the opposing zone and onto Wildcat goalkeeper Erica Correa’s doorstep. The closest chance came at the 63:46 mark, in which senior Ashley Hamel shot a beauty that rolled just wide of crossing the goal line.

Just three minutes later, Hamel sealed the deal with the golden goal that made it past the far post off of a pass from freshman Kayla Austin. The goal was the first tally for Hamel in her UMass career.

Correa put up a solid game in net for UNH despite the loss. She had 10 saves in the losing effort.

David Martin can be reached at dmmartin@student.umass.edu