UMass women’s soccer falls to Central Connecticut 3-0 in home opener -

Preseason serves as opportunity for young UMass men’s soccer players -

Amherst Fire Department website adds user friendly components and live audio feed -

UMass takes the cake for best campus dining -

Two UMass students overcome obstacles to win full-ride scholarships -

The guilt of saying ‘guilty’ -

Campus Perspectives: 2Pac or Biggie?

Monday, Sept. 13, was the 14th anniversary of Tupac Shakur’s death. Dan Gigliotti asked students their thoughts on whether 2Pac or the Notorious B.I.G. was the better rapper.

After watching the video, leave your thoughts in the comments below!

Campus Perspectives: 2Pac or Biggie? from Daily Collegian on Vimeo.

8 Responses to “Campus Perspectives: 2Pac or Biggie?”
  1. Jerry Mane says:

2pac was the best rapper then and NOW. If you compare lyrics, content and style 2pac is still better than all rappers today. Yes better than Jay-Z, Lil Wayne Eminem whoever!!! The question shouldn’t be if 2pac is better than BIG…The question is will there ever be another 2pac? Probably not!! That means 2pac is the best rapper EVER…Do your research and listen to these people and what they are rapping about today. Jay-Z and Lil Wayne are little kids compared with what 2pac did in his short career. Todays rappers are famous and successful because 2pac is not around….And if 2pac was alive I don’t even think he will have any respect for Eminem for rapping such sinful stuff as rapping your own mother…2Pac 4 Life!!!!!!!

2. Ed says:

Judy Garland (drug overdose), Jimmi Hendrix (ibid), Elvis Presley (ibid, and it is hard to believe he was only 42), John Balucci (ibid), Kurt Cobain (ibid, with help of a shotgun) — there was a time when our musicians died of drug overdoses and the fast life.

I think there is a clear cultural shift with the rappers — they are all being killed by others. That says something about how our culture has changed, it says something about the music as well.

And folks, I make a distinction between self destructive behavior (regrettable) and malicious homicide. And what does this say about the music itself? (Hint: is it exactly respectful of women? Or does it even have the angst of a Kurt Cobain, the reluctant spokesman for my generation?

3. Justin4Lyfe says:

Justin Bieber. His rhymes are dope.

4. Jerry Lee Lewis says:

The world is better without 2pac. If you sling rock and sip on 40’s all day, youre bound to have your guts pumped full of lead. Good riddance

5. jag says:

tupac for life. Best lyrics, I think best ARTIST of all time. No other artists had messages to his listeners like tupac did. Any rock artists or soft pop, etc. do not sing about any particular message. Tupac cared for his listeners. I grew up listening to tupac, and I think I am the luckiest person in the world where I can actually put his cd in the deck and listen to it.

6. Ayodele Adey says:

2pac 4 ever no doubt!

7. Omar - 26 says:

I love 2pac so much and I’ll never forget all the good things that he did . and I see 2pac is much better than Biggie .

8. Alanna says:

my little cousin just called me up&said im going to meet justin bieber!she thinks shes going to his concert but shes going to see NSN !aww