Thursday’s NCAA tournament rematch between UMass men’s soccer and Colgate will be a battle of adjustments -

Veteran belonging and the decline of American communities discussed by journalist and author at Amherst College -

‘UMass Cares About Cancer’ Hosts Blanket Making Event -

UMass women’s basketball heads to North Dakota for two games -

UMass football sets its sights on BYU -

UMass men’s soccer hosts Colgate in opening round of NCAA tournament -

UMass women’s basketball looks to improve from last season’s road record this weekend in North Dakota -

UPDATED: Suspect in SOM and Morrill reports turns himself into police

Courtesy UMPD

UPDATE (10/19): Gorahkov surrenders himself to police
The University of Massachusetts Police Department cancelled their crime alert last night involving alleged actions of assault, attempted rape and kidnapping by Luther Gorahkov. According to the brief, the suspect turned himself into a Holyoke police officer at 10:15 p.m. on Monday.

“The UMass Police Department would like to thank the campus community for its assistance and vigilance,” the brief concluded.

UPDATE (10/18): UMPD identify suspect
Thanks to information provided by community members, the University of Massachusetts Police Department has identified the suspect of Friday’s reports.

The suspect is Luther Gorahkov of 47 Fairview Ave, in Amherst. Police say that Gorahkov, who is a UMass student, is “wanted for assault with intent to rape, attempted kidnapping and additional charges.”

The police are asking anyone who knows his whereabouts to call 9-1-1.

UPDATE (10/15): UMPD issues update on earlier reports

The University of Massachusetts Amherst Police Department issued an emergency alert at 7:24 p.m. in response to two reports of a suspicious male who was last seen near Morrill Science.

“As of 6pm the UMass police is investigating two reports of a suspicious male, one resulting in an assault,” read the police alert. “Both victims were women. Suspect fled in the area of Morrill Science. He is described as a white male over 6 feet tall, wearing a redshirt.”

According to a brief on the UMPD website, the first incident occurred between 5:00 p.m. and 6:10 p.m. in the Isenberg School of Management. “The lone male suspect approached the victim and stated, ‘You need to come with me,’ while attempting to grab the victim’s arm. The victim resisted and the suspect fled the area,” the brief stated.

The second incident occurred in the first floor bathroom of Morrill III, according to police.

“The male suspect followed the female victim into the women’s bathroom, later blocking her path as she attempted to exit,” the brief read. “The suspect then proceeded to push the victim against a wall in an attempt to force her to the floor. The victim resisted, called for help, which led to the suspect fleeing.”

UMPD is asking anyone who may have information or see any suspicious activity to call 413-545-2121. Tips can also be made online at www.umass.edu/umpd/anonymouswitness/.