John Ashcroft faces criticism during speech -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Student rally in support of Gordon, LGBTQ community -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thousands gather in Amherst Commons for 23rd Annual Extravaganja -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sexual violence is not ‘normal’ -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

One year after Boston Marathon bombings, UMass doctor Pierre Rouzier continues passion to help -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Photo Slideshow: UMass United Rally -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Get Yourself Tested at UMass -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass football continues move in new direction in annual Spring Game -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Library labyrinth targets stress -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

There is nothing to debate about global warming -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass hits the road to take on LaSalle -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

No. 11 UMass women’s lacrosse looks to extend winning streak against Richmond -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Southeastern Conference commissioner Mike Slive latest McCormack Executive-in-Residence -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Got a little Irish in you? -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass doctoral student awarded Soros Fellowship -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass Dressage Team discusses the lesser-known sport -

Canelas: Things worth watching in Spring Game 2014 -

‘The Walking Dead’ finale resurrects a dull season -

Five places to study at UMass -

UMass tennis team battles injuries as season comes to an end -

Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.

Courtesy of Jackass 3

A plethora of words come to mind when thinking how to describe Jackass 3D; insane, nauseating, unbelievable, immature, outrageous are a couple to say the least. One word can basically some up this entire movie though, awesome.

If you consider yourself a fan of Jackass and haven’t seen this movie yet, that’s basically like saying you’re a bird that can’t fly, a fish that can’t swim. You’re incomplete. The third and “final” movie in the ‘Jackass’ series proves once again that the crew, despite getting older, can always outdo themselves.

After seeing ‘Jackass 2′, I was convinced I would never laugh so hard again. Wrong. I had a smile across my face for the entire two hours I was in the theatres. Set up like the two previous movies, this one stays true to its style of playing unrelated clip after unrelated clip with no particular storyline.

The same crew is back with a bunch of guest appearances by the Dudesons, the Nitro Circus crew, Tony Hawk, Matt Hoffman, Sean William Scott and even Beavis and Butthead. Seriously, Beavis and Butthead are in this movie. Do you really need any more persuasion to get up and go see it right this second?

I must warn those with a weak stomach that some scenes do get disgusting. There is some nudity, male nudity at that, which adds to the shock humor that this movie thrives off of.

Another thing I thought was cool to see what my personal favorite character, Steve-O, doing all his stunts sober. After a long and dangerous struggle with drug and alcohol abuse, Steve-O mentions in the movie he hasn’t even had a drink in two years. Don’t let that lead you to expect anything less from him. He may be even crazier sober than he is on drugs.

So if you find yourself reading this and you’re still unconvinced, don’t be a jackass, just go see the movie already. I challenge you to spend your ten dollars and think it wasn’t worth it.

Josh Steinberg- Can be contacted at jssteinb@student.umass.edu

2 Responses to “Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.”
  1. Beth Smith says:

This article is outrageous! I’m a mother of three sets of twins and I took all 6 of my little babies to see Jackass 3D this weekend thinking that it was a kid’s cartoon, little did I know – this was not a kid’s movie at all! When feces started flying everywhere, I knew I brought little Johnny and Sally to the wrong flick!

It’s a disgrace that you think Steve-O is a role model, this man is sick in the head. People like Steve-O are what turn kids like mine into Heroin addicts and Ketamine-fiends!

Shame on you, Josh Steinberg.

2. Kevin Pementel says:

I loved this movie. As a fan of the series I thought that this was most definitely the best one. What’s even more hilarious than the flim, however, is how someone believed that a movie titled “Jackass” was a kids movie…

Great Column Josh.