UMass hockey drops 4-1 decision against No. 3 Quinnipiac Friday night -

UMass women’s basketball routed by Colorado 90-63 Friday night -

UMass football closes book on 2015 season with win over Buffalo -

UMass hockey to face off against No. 3 Quinnipiac this weekend -

UMass men’s basketball drops first game of season to Creighton in MGM Grand Main Event finals -

UMass football prepares for final regular season game against Buffalo Friday -

UMass men’s basketball continues hot shooting in rout of Clemson Monday night -

SGA votes down letter opposing Baker’s statements on refugees -

IPO reaches out to local families to host international students for Thanksgiving -

Amherst Police Log: Nov. 20-22 -

Local Pioneer Valley food banks aim to fight hunger -

UMass club sports present petition alleging lack of resources, communication from athletic department -

UMass women’s basketball looks to get back on track in Omni Hotels Classic -

An inside look at the UMass club baseball team -

UMass men’s swimming proves victorious in Terrier Invitational, Minutewomen finish fourth -

The benefits of meditation -

In wake of Paris attacks, US should not ditch compassion -

Letter to the editor: Students for Justice in Palestine respond to a previous op-ed -

Student makes UMass history as first to perform mainstage production in wheelchair -

Graduate Employee Organization and UMass administrators meet to talk about late pay issues -

Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.

Courtesy of Jackass 3

A plethora of words come to mind when thinking how to describe Jackass 3D; insane, nauseating, unbelievable, immature, outrageous are a couple to say the least. One word can basically some up this entire movie though, awesome.

If you consider yourself a fan of Jackass and haven’t seen this movie yet, that’s basically like saying you’re a bird that can’t fly, a fish that can’t swim. You’re incomplete. The third and “final” movie in the ‘Jackass’ series proves once again that the crew, despite getting older, can always outdo themselves.

After seeing ‘Jackass 2′, I was convinced I would never laugh so hard again. Wrong. I had a smile across my face for the entire two hours I was in the theatres. Set up like the two previous movies, this one stays true to its style of playing unrelated clip after unrelated clip with no particular storyline.

The same crew is back with a bunch of guest appearances by the Dudesons, the Nitro Circus crew, Tony Hawk, Matt Hoffman, Sean William Scott and even Beavis and Butthead. Seriously, Beavis and Butthead are in this movie. Do you really need any more persuasion to get up and go see it right this second?

I must warn those with a weak stomach that some scenes do get disgusting. There is some nudity, male nudity at that, which adds to the shock humor that this movie thrives off of.

Another thing I thought was cool to see what my personal favorite character, Steve-O, doing all his stunts sober. After a long and dangerous struggle with drug and alcohol abuse, Steve-O mentions in the movie he hasn’t even had a drink in two years. Don’t let that lead you to expect anything less from him. He may be even crazier sober than he is on drugs.

So if you find yourself reading this and you’re still unconvinced, don’t be a jackass, just go see the movie already. I challenge you to spend your ten dollars and think it wasn’t worth it.

Josh Steinberg- Can be contacted at

2 Responses to “Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.”
  1. Beth Smith says:

This article is outrageous! I’m a mother of three sets of twins and I took all 6 of my little babies to see Jackass 3D this weekend thinking that it was a kid’s cartoon, little did I know – this was not a kid’s movie at all! When feces started flying everywhere, I knew I brought little Johnny and Sally to the wrong flick!

It’s a disgrace that you think Steve-O is a role model, this man is sick in the head. People like Steve-O are what turn kids like mine into Heroin addicts and Ketamine-fiends!

Shame on you, Josh Steinberg.

2. Kevin Pementel says:

I loved this movie. As a fan of the series I thought that this was most definitely the best one. What’s even more hilarious than the flim, however, is how someone believed that a movie titled “Jackass” was a kids movie…

Great Column Josh.