UMass mourns death of alumnus and journalist James Foley -

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kassan Messiah, Trey Seals to shoulder pass rushing responsibility for UMass football -

Thursday, August 21, 2014

UMass names Blake Frohnapfel as the starting quarterback -

Monday, August 18, 2014

Decision looms for Mark Whipple as UMass football looks to name starting quarterback -

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Former UMass star Marcel Shipp overseeing a strong running back competition -

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Former UMass basketball star Chaz Williams signs professional contract in Turkey, still eyeing NBA career -

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Minutemen anxious to display aggressive defense -

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

UMass football turns the page, excited for 2014 season -

Monday, August 4, 2014

UMass student struck and killed by vehicle Thursday night -

Friday, August 1, 2014

UMass receives anonymous $10.3 million gift -

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

UMass Football summer coverage 2014 -

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Students push for relocation of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health -

Monday, May 12, 2014

Video: No. 14 UMass WLAX ends season in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.

Courtesy of Jackass 3

A plethora of words come to mind when thinking how to describe Jackass 3D; insane, nauseating, unbelievable, immature, outrageous are a couple to say the least. One word can basically some up this entire movie though, awesome.

If you consider yourself a fan of Jackass and haven’t seen this movie yet, that’s basically like saying you’re a bird that can’t fly, a fish that can’t swim. You’re incomplete. The third and “final” movie in the ‘Jackass’ series proves once again that the crew, despite getting older, can always outdo themselves.

After seeing ‘Jackass 2′, I was convinced I would never laugh so hard again. Wrong. I had a smile across my face for the entire two hours I was in the theatres. Set up like the two previous movies, this one stays true to its style of playing unrelated clip after unrelated clip with no particular storyline.

The same crew is back with a bunch of guest appearances by the Dudesons, the Nitro Circus crew, Tony Hawk, Matt Hoffman, Sean William Scott and even Beavis and Butthead. Seriously, Beavis and Butthead are in this movie. Do you really need any more persuasion to get up and go see it right this second?

I must warn those with a weak stomach that some scenes do get disgusting. There is some nudity, male nudity at that, which adds to the shock humor that this movie thrives off of.

Another thing I thought was cool to see what my personal favorite character, Steve-O, doing all his stunts sober. After a long and dangerous struggle with drug and alcohol abuse, Steve-O mentions in the movie he hasn’t even had a drink in two years. Don’t let that lead you to expect anything less from him. He may be even crazier sober than he is on drugs.

So if you find yourself reading this and you’re still unconvinced, don’t be a jackass, just go see the movie already. I challenge you to spend your ten dollars and think it wasn’t worth it.

Josh Steinberg- Can be contacted at jssteinb@student.umass.edu

2 Responses to “Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.”
  1. Beth Smith says:

This article is outrageous! I’m a mother of three sets of twins and I took all 6 of my little babies to see Jackass 3D this weekend thinking that it was a kid’s cartoon, little did I know – this was not a kid’s movie at all! When feces started flying everywhere, I knew I brought little Johnny and Sally to the wrong flick!

It’s a disgrace that you think Steve-O is a role model, this man is sick in the head. People like Steve-O are what turn kids like mine into Heroin addicts and Ketamine-fiends!

Shame on you, Josh Steinberg.

2. Kevin Pementel says:

I loved this movie. As a fan of the series I thought that this was most definitely the best one. What’s even more hilarious than the flim, however, is how someone believed that a movie titled “Jackass” was a kids movie…

Great Column Josh.