Late-inning grand slam gives Dayton 5-2 win over UMass baseball -

GEO holds rally for better working conditions -

Prison Abolition Collective spreads awareness of mass incarceration -

Co-chair of the Women’s March on Washington, Linda Sarsour, to speak at UMass Friday -

UMass tennis sets sights for Atlantic 10 tournament -

Weather postpones UMass softball as it sets its sights on weekend series with La Salle -

UMass men’s lacrosse preps for final regular season game with CAA tournament looming -

‘Girls’ gives an honest farewell with final season -

Don’t stress too much about spoilers -

Reserving the right energy for the final push -

An unexpected impact -

White dove, red ribbon -

Making hard decisions in college -

Marc Osten fondly remembered by student activism community -

New Design Building officially opened -

New natural gas pipeline proposed between Easthampton and Holyoke -

UMass men’s lacrosse to honor seniors Friday against Drexel -

UMass baseball bullpen getting stronger as the season goes on -

Assistant coach Ben Barr, a major reason for UMass hockey’s prized recruiting class -

Atlantic 10 Softball Notebook: Colleran, Cozza on fire for UMass as A-10 race heats up -

Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.

Courtesy of Jackass 3

A plethora of words come to mind when thinking how to describe Jackass 3D; insane, nauseating, unbelievable, immature, outrageous are a couple to say the least. One word can basically some up this entire movie though, awesome.

If you consider yourself a fan of Jackass and haven’t seen this movie yet, that’s basically like saying you’re a bird that can’t fly, a fish that can’t swim. You’re incomplete. The third and “final” movie in the ‘Jackass’ series proves once again that the crew, despite getting older, can always outdo themselves.

After seeing ‘Jackass 2’, I was convinced I would never laugh so hard again. Wrong. I had a smile across my face for the entire two hours I was in the theatres. Set up like the two previous movies, this one stays true to its style of playing unrelated clip after unrelated clip with no particular storyline.

The same crew is back with a bunch of guest appearances by the Dudesons, the Nitro Circus crew, Tony Hawk, Matt Hoffman, Sean William Scott and even Beavis and Butthead. Seriously, Beavis and Butthead are in this movie. Do you really need any more persuasion to get up and go see it right this second?

I must warn those with a weak stomach that some scenes do get disgusting. There is some nudity, male nudity at that, which adds to the shock humor that this movie thrives off of.

Another thing I thought was cool to see what my personal favorite character, Steve-O, doing all his stunts sober. After a long and dangerous struggle with drug and alcohol abuse, Steve-O mentions in the movie he hasn’t even had a drink in two years. Don’t let that lead you to expect anything less from him. He may be even crazier sober than he is on drugs.

So if you find yourself reading this and you’re still unconvinced, don’t be a jackass, just go see the movie already. I challenge you to spend your ten dollars and think it wasn’t worth it.

Josh Steinberg- Can be contacted at jssteinb@student.umass.edu

2 Responses to “Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.”
  1. Beth Smith says:

This article is outrageous! I’m a mother of three sets of twins and I took all 6 of my little babies to see Jackass 3D this weekend thinking that it was a kid’s cartoon, little did I know – this was not a kid’s movie at all! When feces started flying everywhere, I knew I brought little Johnny and Sally to the wrong flick!

It’s a disgrace that you think Steve-O is a role model, this man is sick in the head. People like Steve-O are what turn kids like mine into Heroin addicts and Ketamine-fiends!

Shame on you, Josh Steinberg.

2. Kevin Pementel says:

I loved this movie. As a fan of the series I thought that this was most definitely the best one. What’s even more hilarious than the flim, however, is how someone believed that a movie titled “Jackass” was a kids movie…

Great Column Josh.