UMass football selected to finish fourth in MAC East preseason poll -

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Legislature overrides Baker’s UMass budget cut -

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Report: UMass football’s Todd Stafford arrested Saturday morning in Stamford, Connecticut -

Monday, July 20, 2015

UMass names Molly O’Mara newly-created associate director of athletics for communications and PR -

Monday, July 20, 2015

Baker approves state budget, UMass to receive $5.25 million less than legislature’s proposed figure -

Friday, July 17, 2015

UMass bathroom policy to provide comfort, safety for transgender and non-gender conforming students -

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Long-time UMass professor Normand Berlin, 83, dies -

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

UMass professor and poet James Tate dies at 71 -

Thursday, July 9, 2015

State legislators propose budget, UMass could receive almost $532 million -

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cause of death determined for UMass student Chloe Malast -

Monday, July 6, 2015

Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.

Courtesy of Jackass 3

A plethora of words come to mind when thinking how to describe Jackass 3D; insane, nauseating, unbelievable, immature, outrageous are a couple to say the least. One word can basically some up this entire movie though, awesome.

If you consider yourself a fan of Jackass and haven’t seen this movie yet, that’s basically like saying you’re a bird that can’t fly, a fish that can’t swim. You’re incomplete. The third and “final” movie in the ‘Jackass’ series proves once again that the crew, despite getting older, can always outdo themselves.

After seeing ‘Jackass 2′, I was convinced I would never laugh so hard again. Wrong. I had a smile across my face for the entire two hours I was in the theatres. Set up like the two previous movies, this one stays true to its style of playing unrelated clip after unrelated clip with no particular storyline.

The same crew is back with a bunch of guest appearances by the Dudesons, the Nitro Circus crew, Tony Hawk, Matt Hoffman, Sean William Scott and even Beavis and Butthead. Seriously, Beavis and Butthead are in this movie. Do you really need any more persuasion to get up and go see it right this second?

I must warn those with a weak stomach that some scenes do get disgusting. There is some nudity, male nudity at that, which adds to the shock humor that this movie thrives off of.

Another thing I thought was cool to see what my personal favorite character, Steve-O, doing all his stunts sober. After a long and dangerous struggle with drug and alcohol abuse, Steve-O mentions in the movie he hasn’t even had a drink in two years. Don’t let that lead you to expect anything less from him. He may be even crazier sober than he is on drugs.

So if you find yourself reading this and you’re still unconvinced, don’t be a jackass, just go see the movie already. I challenge you to spend your ten dollars and think it wasn’t worth it.

Josh Steinberg- Can be contacted at jssteinb@student.umass.edu

2 Responses to “Don’t be a ‘Jackass’, quit stalling and go see it already.”
  1. Beth Smith says:

This article is outrageous! I’m a mother of three sets of twins and I took all 6 of my little babies to see Jackass 3D this weekend thinking that it was a kid’s cartoon, little did I know – this was not a kid’s movie at all! When feces started flying everywhere, I knew I brought little Johnny and Sally to the wrong flick!

It’s a disgrace that you think Steve-O is a role model, this man is sick in the head. People like Steve-O are what turn kids like mine into Heroin addicts and Ketamine-fiends!

Shame on you, Josh Steinberg.

2. Kevin Pementel says:

I loved this movie. As a fan of the series I thought that this was most definitely the best one. What’s even more hilarious than the flim, however, is how someone believed that a movie titled “Jackass” was a kids movie…

Great Column Josh.