UMass women’s basketball falls to North Dakota 82-52 -

Home-and-home with Quinnipiac up next for UMass hockey -

Carl Pierre’s breakout performance helps UMass men’s basketball over Western Carolina -

Pipkins’ double-double leads UMass men’s basketball over Western Carolina -

Mixing things up this Hallow’s Eve

When we were younger, we trick-or-treated for all kinds of candies; orange and black M&Ms, chocolate-shaped spiders, and we especially loved when the neighbor down the street gave out king-sized Kit-Kats.

In a more mature, more experienced level of life, college students across the nation look at Halloween as not merely a night to get a slew of free candy, but a reason to party and party hard.

There are a ton of spooky concoctions that provide a treat for your taste buds and a buzz that will keep you warm through the most chilling night of the year.

Ghostbuster
Who ya going to call? This drink, named for one of the greatest Halloween movies of all time, is an easy and yummy treat. Mix one ounce Peach Schnapps with an ounce of melon liqueur. Shake well and add a few drops of Irish cream liqueur to create a ghastly white cocktail.

Bloody Mary
There is a legend that spinning around three times in the bathroom will supposedly conjure the ghost of Bloody Mary to appear behind you? For this drink, mix together an ounce and a half of vodka, three ounces of tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and lemon juice. Garnish with a celery stalk. Drink a few of these and Bloody Mary will really have your head spinning.

One-Eyed Zombie
Didn’t think your drink could look at you? Spook all your party guests by creating a red “eyeball” for a garnish. Take a maraschino cherry and insert a chocolate chip into it pointing inwards. Add to a martini mixed out of two ounces of gin, lemon juice, one teaspoon of powered sugar and a splash of carbonated water.

Black Cat
What’s creepier than a black cat crossing your path at night? A black cat attacking your liver, obviously. Mix one ounce Black Cherry Schnapps, one and a half ounces of vodka, two ounces cola and two ounces of cranberry juice for a meowing-good time.

Monster Mash
Arguably the best Halloween dance is now available in drink form! Mix one ounce of rum, one ounce of lemon schnapps, two ounces of vodka and one can of Monster energy drink, and you’ll be mash-ing all night long.

Dracula’s Bite
Even with recent “Twilight” hype, Dracula is still the most beloved and popular vampire out there. And despite the battle between Edward and Jacob, Dracula still has the deadliest bite. Pour vanilla vodka in a glass and layer in grenadine and maraschino liqueur to create a bloody biting drink.

Full Moon
A full moon on “All Hallow’s Eve” makes the night that much scarier. This drink will send chills up and down your spine far into the night. Mix an ounce and a half of amaretto with and an ounce and a half of Orange Curacao and pour over ice to create a milky, ghost-like drink.

Spider’s Web
Though spider webs are frightening at any time of the year, this drink will definitely have your head spinning. Mix four ounces Goldschlager, one drop of strawberry juice and one and a half ounces of whipping cream to create this web. For an added creepy effect, freeze tiny plastic spiders in an ice cube and drop them in the web.

Jack O’Lantern
The essence of Halloween is a good Jack O’Lantern. Carving them was a fun activity to do as kids, and as adults (or almost, at least), they’re even better as mixed drinks! Mix two ounces of citrus vodka, one ounce mango nectar or juice, a little bit of orange juice and a little bit of sour mix. Garnish with an orange and drink up this sweet and sour treat.

Bloodbath
Halloween doesn’t have to just be for people who like to drink hard alcohol. This drink consists of two shots of raspberry liqueur, red wine, and a splash of cranberry juice. Shake together for a fruity drink, but make sure not to spill it on yourself or you will look like you just bathed in blood.

Ashley Berger can be reached at aberger@student.umass.edu.