UMass students show lackluster attitude toward ‘Mullins Live!’ concert -

UMass women’s basketball loses in first round of Atlantic 10 Tournament -

Ryan Adams perfects his melancholy, widescreen take on 80s heartland rock on ‘Prisoner’ -

Exposing the horrific crime of modern-day slavery -

UMass men’s basketball successfully drops La Salle 84-71 in confidence-building win -

UMass men’s lacrosse’s late rally falls short against Harvard -

UMass women’s lacrosse struggles to find offense in loss to No. 5 Syracuse -

With Perez, Democrats remain in limbo -

UMass hockey competes hard, falls to No. 10 Providence College in overtime -

Overtime goal hands UMass hockey its 15th straight loss in regular season finale -

Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Minutemen wrap up home schedule over weekend

The Massachusetts men’s soccer team will host Fordham and La Salle in its final two home games of the year this weekend. Fordham will visit Rudd Field on Friday for a 2:30 p.m. start and La Salle will visit Sunday at 1 p.m.

The Minutemen, who are in second place in Atlantic 10 play with a 4-0-1 record, are coming off a pair of 1-0 wins against Temple and Saint Joseph’s last weekend.

Fordham and La Salle have each won five of their last seven games.

“My feeling is that we will play the way we need to play,” UMass coach Sam Koch said. “The Fordham game is a game that could go either way. If we play well I think we’re going to be in good shape. If we make mistakes and don’t play well, it’ll be a tough 90 minutes.”

The Rams are coming off of a weekend split of games against Richmond and George Washington. The Rams lost to the Spiders, 1-0 and defeated GWU, 3-0.

La Salle, meanwhile is coming off of wins against both Richmond and George Washington.

“It’s crucial for [us] to get results,” Koch said. “It’s another test, it’s like midterm exams. I mean we’re playing at home so obviously that’s good. We’ve got two teams right behind us, tied for third place. [They are] big weekends for them.”

Fordham is in a six-way tie for fourth place in the conference with La Salle, Richmond, Temple, St. Bonaventure and Xavier.

Fordham is also tied for third place in the overall conference standings with Dayton University.

“It’s a big game,” Koch said. “Playing at home is easier for us, but it doesn’t matter where we play the game. We’re focused, it’s vital that we come in with the right frame of mind, the way we did against Saint Joe’s, as a whole team, and if we do that, we’ll be alright.”

In their last game against the Hawks, the Minutemen were able to take the lead for good in the 81st minute with a goal by junior forward Bryant Craft. The goal was assisted by senior midfielder Ben Arikian, who now ranks fourth in career assists at UMass.

All-time, the Minutemen are 10-4 and 12-3 against Fordham and La Salle, respectively. The Minutemen did not face the Explorers last season, but dropped their match to Fordham, 1-0.

UMass has not lost in their last seven games, going 4-0-3 in that span, with the defense allowing one goal in five conference matchups.

Seniors playing in their final home game on Sunday will be midfielders Stuart Amick, Ben Arikian and Chris Vaccaro, as well as goalkeeper Chris Piekos.

Eric Mansfield can be reached at eamansfi@student.umass.edu.