UMass celebrates International Education Week

Utilize the SAP button on your television, this week is International Education Week, and the University of Massachusetts is celebrating.

Today there will be a workshop detailing plethora of research projects undertaken by UMass faculty pertaining to international matters in Campus Center rooms 911 – 915. The event will run from 3:30 to 5 p.m., and will outline “the wide range of international research projects conducted each year by campus faculty,” according to Jake Carter of the International Programs Office.

The workshop will also “introduce faculty from different fields working in the same country or region, and identify issues that are specific to international research efforts and sources of funding,” according to a Nov. 12 email from Carter.

There will also be a post-panel discussion on “opportunities for large, collaborative projects with international partners,” according to Carter.

In addition, the Isenberg School of Management will celebrate diversity this week by offering a $1,000 scholarship to an Isenberg student planning on studying abroad, a flag display for members of the Isenberg community and international posters being displayed in the Isenberg main atrium.

The Study Abroad Advising Center is also inviting students to drop in to “plan their own study abroad adventure,” according to Carter’s release.

-Collegian News Staff