Experienced Ohio State club too much for UMass hockey in 3-0 loss -

Season-high 29 saves from Matt Murray proves lone highlight in UMass hockey’s 3-0 shutout loss to Ohio State -

UMass football picks up first win of the season in blowout win over Georgia Southern -

Student in critical condition after pedestrian-vehicle accident on Friday -

UMass women’s soccer fails to secure spot in A-10 tournament with loss to Saint Louis -

Struggles with special teams sinks UMass hockey -

UMass hockey drops second of the year in 3-1 loss to Ohio State -

Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Minutewomen extend streak

The women’s ice hockey team carried a two-game unbeaten streak with them this weekend and continued it in thrilling fashion by beating and drawing with previously No. 1 and undefeated Lindenwood, 4-3 and 3-3, respectively.

The Minutewomen improve to 4-8-3 while Lindenwood drops to 17-1-2.

The first game on Saturday marked a back-and-forth battle. The Minutewomen were down 3-1 entering the third period and scored two goals in the final six minutes including the go-ahead goal on a power-play with two minutes left by freshman defender Rachel Gantt.

In the second matchup, the Minutewomen held a 2-0 lead with goals by freshmen sisters Chelsea and Raschelle Jaramillo, but let up three straight goals, forcing themselves to come from behind again. The Minutewomen tied the game with a goal by freshman forward Siobhan Elvin.

Clutch goalkeeping was a staple for the Minutewomen all weekend. Sophomore goalie Kelsey Magrane shined as she was peppered with shots, managing to save 45-of-48 en route to upsetting the No.1 team in the country.

Freshman goalie Chelsea Corell performed just as well, only letting three past, leading the Minutewomen to a stalemate in the second game.

Victories against Lindenwood are few and far between according to UMass coach Chris Cobb

“[Lindenwood] have won the last three national championships and have beaten us in the past two national tournaments,” Cobb said.

Lindenwood was 17-0-1 entering the weekend.

The Lady Lions have always posed problems for the Minutewomen, not just the past two seasons, but ever since they began playing. The win this weekend marks the first-ever win against them.

“We now know that we can beat anyone in the country, it’s just a matter of going out there and doing it,” Cobb said. “I think [beating Lindenwood] gives us confidence more than anything.”

The coach is proud of his squad for their performances this weekend.

“We showed a lot of fight and we never gave up,” he said. “We were down in both games and came back.”

Ranked 10th in the nation, UMass hopes to earn a spot in this year’s national tournament which will be held in Kalamazoo, Miss. Only the top eight advance.

The Minutewoman will host Colorado State, a team that they have never faced before, on Thursday and Saturday and look to continue their recent run of success.

Patrick Keller can be reached at pskeller@student.umass.edu.