UMass men’s soccer look to surprise the Atlantic 10 conference for the second consecutive season -

Third and 20 S2 Episode 8 -

Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

Facebook attempts to end marginal friendships

Facebook.com

It seems like your best friend, or that annoying stalker that “Likes” everything you post has been popping up on your Facebook News Feed more than usual lately, doesn’t it? Well, it’s not because they’ve been posting more, or that good looking girl from a Gen. Ed. you took two years ago stopped posting. There have been changes to the News Feed. The crew at Facebook has once again made a pretty big change to the way their website works; cue the freak-outs and explosion of “DOWN WITH ZUCKERBERG” groups. Actually, that’s exactly how I found out about the change, and why I thought we at the Collegian should fill you in.

The change regulates who pops up on your News Feed based on how much you interact with that person, i.e. if you comment on their page every time you let one rip, you’re going to see a lot of their inane posts as well. But the update prevents you from being notified when that random blonde’s latest drunk pictures are posted – since you couldn’t even talk to her after class, you definitely haven’t been interacting in any way on Facebook.

So what can you do to prevent this atrocity? At the bottom of your News Feed, there’s an “Edit Options” link on the right. A list will appear of the people you’ve blocked from your Feed, because you couldn’t give two ****s about their Farmville score. Above that will be an option called “Show Posts From:” and next to it will be a tab that says “Friends and pages you interact with most.” If you want to see everyone’s updates like you did in the pass, select “All your friends and pages.”

Now take a deep breathe, and go outside.

One Response to “Facebook attempts to end marginal friendships”
  1. Harold says:

this article makes no sense and is very stupid

it sounds like you spend too much time social networking and creeping around facebook