UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Route 9 Diner to reopen under new ownership -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Rising UMass sophomore dies unexpectedly -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

UMass football fall camp day four: Veteran offensive line boasts chemistry, looks to improve run blocking -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A colorful UMass homecoming -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Potential nighttime and weekend parking fee at UMass tabled -

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

GetWellMeals_WebBanners

GetWellMeals_WebBanners

Facebook attempts to end marginal friendships

Facebook.com

It seems like your best friend, or that annoying stalker that “Likes” everything you post has been popping up on your Facebook News Feed more than usual lately, doesn’t it? Well, it’s not because they’ve been posting more, or that good looking girl from a Gen. Ed. you took two years ago stopped posting. There have been changes to the News Feed. The crew at Facebook has once again made a pretty big change to the way their website works; cue the freak-outs and explosion of “DOWN WITH ZUCKERBERG” groups. Actually, that’s exactly how I found out about the change, and why I thought we at the Collegian should fill you in.

The change regulates who pops up on your News Feed based on how much you interact with that person, i.e. if you comment on their page every time you let one rip, you’re going to see a lot of their inane posts as well. But the update prevents you from being notified when that random blonde’s latest drunk pictures are posted – since you couldn’t even talk to her after class, you definitely haven’t been interacting in any way on Facebook.

So what can you do to prevent this atrocity? At the bottom of your News Feed, there’s an “Edit Options” link on the right. A list will appear of the people you’ve blocked from your Feed, because you couldn’t give two ****s about their Farmville score. Above that will be an option called “Show Posts From:” and next to it will be a tab that says “Friends and pages you interact with most.” If you want to see everyone’s updates like you did in the pass, select “All your friends and pages.”

Now take a deep breathe, and go outside.

One Response to “Facebook attempts to end marginal friendships”
  1. Harold says:

this article makes no sense and is very stupid

it sounds like you spend too much time social networking and creeping around facebook