Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

Quiet beauty roars in ‘Lion’ -

‘Hidden Figures’ is warm and brilliantly inspirational -

Mosgrove to compete in 3-point contest Thursday

Maria Uminski/Collegian

Senior captain Cerie Mosgrove’s nickname, the “Sniper,” will be put to the test Thursday evening when she competes at the 23rd annual State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-point championship in Houston, Texas.

While the Massachusetts women’s basketball team failed to make the NCAA tournament, Mosgrove will take her talents to the Final Four, participating in the women’s 3-point shooting contest

Mosgrove led the country with a 49.7 percent from beyond the arc, shooting 78-for-157 in 2011.  These numbers built on her junior campaign, in which she hit just under 30 percent of her 3-point attempts and started 12-of-30 games. Under UMass coach Sharon Dawley, Mosgrove started all 30 games this season.

“Obviously I’ve worked on other aspects of my game, but the 3 has always been my strength,” said Mosgrove in a UMassathletics.com interview.

Mosgrove etched her name in the UMass history books as well, setting records for 3-pointers made and 3-point percentage in a single season. She also ranks third all-time in 3-pointers made with 171 and career 3-point percentage with 39 percent. This season, Mosgrove also finished second on her team in scoring and rebounding.

“It’s definitely a feeling of pride, I’m really excited for the program and I think it gets that much more exposure and looks good,” said Mosgrove.

The contest is set to take place on Thursday at Hofheinz Pavilion in Houston, Texas. Mosgrove is one of eight women competing in the contest, which will air on ESPN2 starting at 9 p.m.

Michael Counos can be reached at mcounos@student.umass.edu.