UMass men’s basketball shooting woes continue as the Minutemen fall 65-62 to UCF -

Despite poor shooting performance, UMass men’s basketball shows improvement on defensive end -

Notebook: Ty Flowers shines in UMass men’s basketball’s loss to UCF Saturday -

Ray Pigozzi shines in first game back for the UMass hockey team since November 4 -

UMass starts hot, finishes strong in upset win over No. 12 Notre Dame -

SGA vice president will resign at the end of the semester -

Raise the Flag protestors praise -

Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass women’s basketball falls to Hartford, snaps three-game winning streak -

Brison Gresham makes long awaited debut for UMass men’s basketball -

UMass hockey hosts No. 12 Notre Dame in Hockey East doubleheader -

UMass men’s basketball picks up fourth straight win as it tops Wagner Wednesday night at Mullins Center -

UMass hockey gets chance to bond during trip to Belfast -

The true backbone of America -

Letter: Craig’s Place to fight against fatal budget cuts -

Enduring the 2016 Tower Run at Du Bois Library -

C.J. Anderson, Malik Hines each have career nights in UMass men’s basketball’s win over Wagner -

Panelists talk about their experiences with incarceration in the Feinberg Lecture Series -

Mosgrove to compete in 3-point contest Thursday

Maria Uminski/Collegian

Senior captain Cerie Mosgrove’s nickname, the “Sniper,” will be put to the test Thursday evening when she competes at the 23rd annual State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-point championship in Houston, Texas.

While the Massachusetts women’s basketball team failed to make the NCAA tournament, Mosgrove will take her talents to the Final Four, participating in the women’s 3-point shooting contest

Mosgrove led the country with a 49.7 percent from beyond the arc, shooting 78-for-157 in 2011.  These numbers built on her junior campaign, in which she hit just under 30 percent of her 3-point attempts and started 12-of-30 games. Under UMass coach Sharon Dawley, Mosgrove started all 30 games this season.

“Obviously I’ve worked on other aspects of my game, but the 3 has always been my strength,” said Mosgrove in a UMassathletics.com interview.

Mosgrove etched her name in the UMass history books as well, setting records for 3-pointers made and 3-point percentage in a single season. She also ranks third all-time in 3-pointers made with 171 and career 3-point percentage with 39 percent. This season, Mosgrove also finished second on her team in scoring and rebounding.

“It’s definitely a feeling of pride, I’m really excited for the program and I think it gets that much more exposure and looks good,” said Mosgrove.

The contest is set to take place on Thursday at Hofheinz Pavilion in Houston, Texas. Mosgrove is one of eight women competing in the contest, which will air on ESPN2 starting at 9 p.m.

Michael Counos can be reached at mcounos@student.umass.edu.