Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Students push for relocation of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health -

Monday, May 12, 2014

Video: No. 14 UMass WLAX ends season in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

No. 14 UMass women’s lacrosse season ends in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sixth inning rally propels UMass past Dayton 7-2 -

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

McMahon, Ferris and McGovern: Not your usual transfer story -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Women’s lacrosse defeats Richmond 10-6 to win sixth straight A-10 Championship -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

No. 13 UMass women’s lacrosse knocks off Duquesne 16-3 to reach Atlantic 10 finals -

Friday, May 2, 2014

UMass one of 55 schools currently facing investigation over handling of sexual assault cases -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Two thefts reported at library -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Senior Columns 2013-2014 -

UMass Dining proposes major meal plan changes -

UMass baseball beats UConn for first time since 2007 -

MTV’s seemingly controversial new show proves to be ‘Faking It’ -

Mosgrove to compete in 3-point contest Thursday

Maria Uminski/Collegian

Senior captain Cerie Mosgrove’s nickname, the “Sniper,” will be put to the test Thursday evening when she competes at the 23rd annual State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-point championship in Houston, Texas.

While the Massachusetts women’s basketball team failed to make the NCAA tournament, Mosgrove will take her talents to the Final Four, participating in the women’s 3-point shooting contest

Mosgrove led the country with a 49.7 percent from beyond the arc, shooting 78-for-157 in 2011.  These numbers built on her junior campaign, in which she hit just under 30 percent of her 3-point attempts and started 12-of-30 games. Under UMass coach Sharon Dawley, Mosgrove started all 30 games this season.

“Obviously I’ve worked on other aspects of my game, but the 3 has always been my strength,” said Mosgrove in a UMassathletics.com interview.

Mosgrove etched her name in the UMass history books as well, setting records for 3-pointers made and 3-point percentage in a single season. She also ranks third all-time in 3-pointers made with 171 and career 3-point percentage with 39 percent. This season, Mosgrove also finished second on her team in scoring and rebounding.

“It’s definitely a feeling of pride, I’m really excited for the program and I think it gets that much more exposure and looks good,” said Mosgrove.

The contest is set to take place on Thursday at Hofheinz Pavilion in Houston, Texas. Mosgrove is one of eight women competing in the contest, which will air on ESPN2 starting at 9 p.m.

Michael Counos can be reached at mcounos@student.umass.edu.