VH1 Premieres New Series: “Love & Hip Hop”

love hip hop vh1
(Courtesy of VH1)

Last Sunday, following the season finale of the hit show “Basketball Wives,” VH1 premiered a sneak peek of their new show “Love & Hip Hop.” I don’t quite know where VH1 is going with their new wave of reality shows. But, as an avid viewer of reality television shows, I must say it does make for one hell of a show. This show is about the struggles five women face while being involved with the hip hop industry personally and/or through the men that they deal with.

Olivia, former first lady of G-Unit, is struggling to make it back to the top where she once was.

Somaya Reece is an up-and-coming female rapper trying to make a name for herself. She risks it all to move from California to New York, where she is living in the attic of studio. With a killer body, she wants to be recognized for her emcee talents and not just appearance.

Chrissy is the girlfriend of rapper Jim Jones. She may be the most interesting one of them all. Her “in your face” attitude may be a little too much to watch but Jim Jones seems to love this craziness. Just in the first episode, she was causing problems with Somaya for wanting to work with Jim Jones on a song.

Emily is the ‘baby mama’ of rapper Fabolous. She is also his stylist. She claims that they have been together for 6 years. However, he doesn’t claim to be dating her and has never spoken her name in public. She must decide whether to stick it out and hope he comes around or try and save what she seems to think is a family.

Last not but least, we have Mashonda. As we all know, she is the former wife of Swizz Beats, the producer who recently married and had a baby with Alicia Keys. I don’t really know what to expect from her this season but this will certainly be interesting to watch.

This show airs Mondays at 10:30 p.m. I am not quite sure what to make of this show just yet. If you love reality T.V. as much as me, I would tune into to see drama, drama, drama !!!