Native American Student Association plans for powwow after travelling to Native Nations Rise March in Washington D.C. -

Black Student Union aims to be a strong voice for the African-American community on UMass’ campus -

UMass Students for Reproductive Justice continue fighting for student rights -

UMass notebook: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry reportedly interviewed for a second time Monday for men’s basketball head coaching vacancy -

UMass softball anxiously awaits start of conference play with doubleheader against BU looming Thursday. -

UMass baseball gets its long-awaited homecoming Tuesday against Northeastern -

Have you popped your bubble? -

The atrophy of activism: a message for student protesters -

Emmi Beuger’s day off – Interview with Kate Leddy -

Josh Odam spreads succinct messages through Free Negro University clothing line -

Fourteen random ‘treat yourself’ items for $25 and under -

Student Activism Special Issue Preview Video -

Anthropology professor holds lecture on violence and policymaking -

Student Activism Special Issue 2017 -

Congressmen McGovern and Ellison discuss progressive politics under Trump administration on Saturday -

SGA President Anthony Vitale and Vice President Lily Wallace promise to improve assistance to student activists next year -

Editor’s note: UMass works because they do -

The UMass club that is un-beelievable -

Interview with Ghazah Abbasi, Sanctuary Campus Movement organizer -

Association of Diversity in Sport draws competition in FIFA Tournament -

#FF @iamtravisporter @yunamusic

Two things I am always looking for: new music and new people to follow on Twitter. So, I’ve decided to give you both. I am a person who just loves music. My iPod selection ranges from pop to rap to rock and even a little country in between. I want to introduce you to two new artists that I was recently introduced to.

Travis Porter Facebook

(Facebook)

The first person, well I should say group, I want to introduce you to is a hip-hop group from Atlanta named Travis Porter. Yes, their group name is Travis Porter! They’ve stated that they did this because it would confuse people, catching their attention. The group members are: Quez, Strap and Ali. They have been getting a lot of attention doing independent mixtapes and touring. They recently signed a deal with Jive Records. They own Porter House Music Group, making them 20 year-old CEOs. Their recent singles “Make it Rain” and “Bring it Back” are climbing up the Billboard charts. Travis Porter is defined by their unique sound and catchy hooks. Their current mixtape, which is on the verge of going platinum, “Music, Money, Magnums” is what caught my attention. Check them out!
Website: wearetravisporter.com
Youtube.com/wearetravisporter

Now, we switch gears to a indie pop artist named Yuna. I was introduced to her through @AngelaSimmons (daughter of Rev Run). Yunalis Zarai is 24 years old singer/songwriter born and raised in Malaysia. She grew up in a Muslim household and went to law school, but started to release her music in 2008. I was amazed by the talent of this brilliant young lady. When I first heard her song “Deeper Conversation,” I instantly fell in love with her acoustic sound. She recently just signed to the FADER label and released her EP titled “Decorate” on March 15th. This can be found on iTunes. Go check her out!
Website: yunamusic.com
Youtube.com/yunamusic