‘Stopping Genocide and Mass Atrocities by Stopping the War Profiteers’ talk at UMass -

UMass hockey falls to No. 6 UMass Lowell for third time this season -

UMass hockey breakdown in final minutes of the second period on route to 5-2 loss to UMass Lowell -

Notebook: Jack Gibbs stars as UMass men’s basketball team drops game to Davidson Saturday -

UMass men’s basketball drops another close game, falls to Davidson Saturday afternoon -

Local blogger Larry Kelley dies in car crash, remembered by community -

REPORT: UMass football to name Ed Pinkham as next defensive coordinator -

UMass students skip class to stand in solidarity with undocumented immigrants and refugees -

NPR Education Correspondent Eric Westervelt talks on future of education -

Faculty of journalism department discusses failures of journalism during Trump era -

UMass hockey prepares for third and final match-up against No. 6 UMass Lowell on Saturday -

Panelists hold discussion on embodying global coalitions -

Journalist speaks on criminalization of youth in the United States -

UMass women’s lacrosse heads to Florida in search of first win of 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to get offense back on track against Ohio State -

Duquesne stomps UMass men’s basketball 96-66 in Pittsburgh -

UMass softball focuses on mental approach ahead of Madeira Beach Invitational -

UMass women’s basketball drops eighth straight in loss at Richmond -

‘50 Shades Darker’ steams up all windows in the nation -

’20th Century Women’ is a love letter to women across generations -

#FF @iamtravisporter @yunamusic

Two things I am always looking for: new music and new people to follow on Twitter. So, I’ve decided to give you both. I am a person who just loves music. My iPod selection ranges from pop to rap to rock and even a little country in between. I want to introduce you to two new artists that I was recently introduced to.

Travis Porter Facebook

(Facebook)

The first person, well I should say group, I want to introduce you to is a hip-hop group from Atlanta named Travis Porter. Yes, their group name is Travis Porter! They’ve stated that they did this because it would confuse people, catching their attention. The group members are: Quez, Strap and Ali. They have been getting a lot of attention doing independent mixtapes and touring. They recently signed a deal with Jive Records. They own Porter House Music Group, making them 20 year-old CEOs. Their recent singles “Make it Rain” and “Bring it Back” are climbing up the Billboard charts. Travis Porter is defined by their unique sound and catchy hooks. Their current mixtape, which is on the verge of going platinum, “Music, Money, Magnums” is what caught my attention. Check them out!
Website: wearetravisporter.com
Youtube.com/wearetravisporter

Now, we switch gears to a indie pop artist named Yuna. I was introduced to her through @AngelaSimmons (daughter of Rev Run). Yunalis Zarai is 24 years old singer/songwriter born and raised in Malaysia. She grew up in a Muslim household and went to law school, but started to release her music in 2008. I was amazed by the talent of this brilliant young lady. When I first heard her song “Deeper Conversation,” I instantly fell in love with her acoustic sound. She recently just signed to the FADER label and released her EP titled “Decorate” on March 15th. This can be found on iTunes. Go check her out!
Website: yunamusic.com
Youtube.com/yunamusic