The Guy’s Fashion Guide to the Fall Semester

Courtesy of Don Loch

Throw away that broken surfboard, hide those ugly swim trunks, and forget about that cut off tee you just made. As summer creeps to an end and students move into town and get back to their books and partying a certain sense of liveliness fills the sidewalks of Amherst. This liveliness I speak of is that of music pounding, pizza cooking, and students studying. Fellow men, school is back in session.

Welcome to the beginning of fall semester.

Now, you’re probably thinking what I am I doing on this blog? Well, have you ever seen someone walking around campus and thought to yourself “wow, that kid’s got style” or “what do I wear to this job interview or tonight’s party?” I’m here to guide you throughout the year with a decent wardrobe and help you achieve a sense of style and confidence. I can’t guarantee anything, but after a few posts you should be able to get that internship you always wanted or that girl’s number you’ve been meaning to talk to.

Maybe not, but at least you’ll look good trying.

So before you get back to your beers and fantasy football drafts, your band equipment, your lab coats, your acoustic guitar, or that science fiction novel take a look at this season’s fall look book created by your very own. I’ve got you covered.

Featured in this post are three fall looks that should get the job done.

The first look, entitled Urban Cowboy is pretty much an all around guarantee to turn heads at any event, whether it be walking to class or tailgating the next football game. This look features khaki jeans and a denim jacket, which are two pieces that will be blowing up come next spring, so get it ahead of the crowd. If you’re going for a more urban appeal I say stick with the Jordan VI’s, but if you want a more laid back look I also like this outfit with a classic pair of boat shoes. Again, choose your options to go for the look you want, so I’d say a beanie for a more artsy feel or a snap back for some added swagger.

Courtesy of Don Loch

The Manhattan is one of my favorite looks for the professional environment. It adds a trendy spin to a timeless classic consisting of blazers and khaki pants. This look features a navy blazer with elbow pads, which I like a lot, and traditional dress pants for the work place. The shoes however are what ties this look altogether, which could be described as classic Italian shoes for the young intern. Going for an interview or attending a golf event? Go for The Manhattan.

Finally, my favorite piece out of these is mix and match of various outfits that make up the look Hotel California. Ugly Christmas sweaters shouldn’t be overlooked, as these are becoming more acceptable and actually quite stylish. Also, it’s Fall guys, you can’t go wrong with a simple pair of jeans and a flannel. So if your bank account suddenly drops from a night of heavy partying and spending, go to the thrift store and pick up these outfits, or at least a flannel.
So, get up from your seat and get it done boys. Just get it done.