Tanya’s songs of the week

Courtesy of Red Hot Chili Peppers

“The Adventures of Raindance Maggie”- Red Hot Chili Peppers- I’m With You

The majority of us are definitely aware of the greatness that is Red Hot Chili Peppers. These boys are certified rock deities, as they have proven to the world over the past 28 years. Their ever-solid sound keeps older fans faithful, as well as constantly attracting new ones. The first single, “The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie,” off their new album is my first song of choice for this week. With memorable lyrics, enthralling guitar riffs, and a beat that begs the listener to dance, it’s not surprising that “Rain Dance Maggie” is the band’s twelfth number one single. This song easily puts me in a good mood, and is unquestionably a top selection on my iPod while walking to and from class.

“Gucci Gucci”- Kreayshaw

Kreayshawn is a rising, new female rapper. I happened to hear this song on the radio last week and found it insanely catchy and fun. “Gucci Gucci” is the type of song that will randomly pop up in your head when you least expect it and won’t leave until you satisfy the craving to listen. Entrancing beats and amusing lyrics fuse together to make another song that’s essential to a memorable night out this month.

“Somehow”- Citizen Cope- Every Waking Moment

Unheard of more often than not, Citizen Cope is one of my favorite artists. His style is a mix of alternative rock and R&B, which translates into a pleasing combination of sounding both soulful and chill. I’d describe “Somehow” as dreamy and romantic, which sounds corny, but I promise that it’s not. I love that there’s almost always a deeper meaning to Citizen Cope’s songs within the lyrics, and “Somehow” is no exception. This song came on my iPod as I was beginning to fall asleep, and it just made me feel so good and it was a perfect ending to the day I had. “Somehow” is the type of song that can be forgotten about over time, but once rediscovered, you remember why you liked it so much in the first place.

Tanya Tanz can be reached for comment at [email protected]