UMass football boasts young, balanced rushing attack going into 2016 season -

UMass football looks to add more size, depth on defensive side heading into 2016 -

UMass football gets back in action with start of training camp -

UMass football coach Mark Whipple announces Ross Comis as starting quarterback, transfer Andrew Ford close behind -

Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

Tanya’s top picks of the week

Courtesy of Amazon

1. I Don’t Want To Know—Fleetwood Mac—Rumours
So, I know a lot of our parents listen to Fleetwood Mac. I understand that they’re old and not necessarily as known as other older bands. But it’s probably because you have never listened to them. My mom has always been a fan of the Rumours album, which is also their most popular. If you have heard of any album of theirs, then this is the one. My mom gave me this album to put on my iPod right before I left for school this year, and I finally got around to listening to it in depth this week. I kept noticing that “I Don’t Want To Know” was continually getting stuck in my head, and with good reason. The lyrics are relateable to plenty of relationship issues. Though the song is about the relationship between two of the band members, I’m still able to match them up to past relationship experiences of my own. This song just sounds great, too and puts me in a better mood. I definitely endorse discovery of both this song and Fleetwood Mac in general.

2. Lounge Act—Nirvana—Nevermind
I’m not sure where to start with Nirvana. Obviously, we all wish we could’ve heard more from them. I decided to learn about Nirvana after seeing them on VH1’s list of the top 100 music artists of all time. I downloaded Nevermind at VH1’s recommendation. By now, I love every song on that album as well as Nirvana’s sound in general. I found that random verses of “Lounge Act” kept replaying in my mind. The lyrics can be left up to many interpretations, especially seeing as Kurt Cobain had a lot going on in his head. This song is a solid representation of Nirvana’s sound, and if you’re not a fan yet, I highly advise becoming one as soon as possible.

3. Yellow—Coldplay—Parachutes
Coldplay is great for the type of day where you don’t feel up for doing much and just want to listen to relaxing songs. I saw “Yellow” was on sale for $.69 on iTunes last week, and it wasn’t already on my iPod, so I decided to buy it. After listening to it a few times, I came to realize two things: the first being why this song made Coldplay popular in the first place, and second that it was a fantastic bargain purchase. With a pleasant sound and feel-good lyrics, you can’t really go wrong with this song.

Tanya Tanz can be reached for comment at ttanz@student.umass.edu