Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

Tanya’s top picks of the week

Courtesy of Amazon

1. I Don’t Want To Know—Fleetwood Mac—Rumours
So, I know a lot of our parents listen to Fleetwood Mac. I understand that they’re old and not necessarily as known as other older bands. But it’s probably because you have never listened to them. My mom has always been a fan of the Rumours album, which is also their most popular. If you have heard of any album of theirs, then this is the one. My mom gave me this album to put on my iPod right before I left for school this year, and I finally got around to listening to it in depth this week. I kept noticing that “I Don’t Want To Know” was continually getting stuck in my head, and with good reason. The lyrics are relateable to plenty of relationship issues. Though the song is about the relationship between two of the band members, I’m still able to match them up to past relationship experiences of my own. This song just sounds great, too and puts me in a better mood. I definitely endorse discovery of both this song and Fleetwood Mac in general.

2. Lounge Act—Nirvana—Nevermind
I’m not sure where to start with Nirvana. Obviously, we all wish we could’ve heard more from them. I decided to learn about Nirvana after seeing them on VH1’s list of the top 100 music artists of all time. I downloaded Nevermind at VH1’s recommendation. By now, I love every song on that album as well as Nirvana’s sound in general. I found that random verses of “Lounge Act” kept replaying in my mind. The lyrics can be left up to many interpretations, especially seeing as Kurt Cobain had a lot going on in his head. This song is a solid representation of Nirvana’s sound, and if you’re not a fan yet, I highly advise becoming one as soon as possible.

3. Yellow—Coldplay—Parachutes
Coldplay is great for the type of day where you don’t feel up for doing much and just want to listen to relaxing songs. I saw “Yellow” was on sale for $.69 on iTunes last week, and it wasn’t already on my iPod, so I decided to buy it. After listening to it a few times, I came to realize two things: the first being why this song made Coldplay popular in the first place, and second that it was a fantastic bargain purchase. With a pleasant sound and feel-good lyrics, you can’t really go wrong with this song.

Tanya Tanz can be reached for comment at ttanz@student.umass.edu