Third and 20 S2 Episode 8 -

Author, poet and ex-con gives talk on criminal justice reform -

Israeli writer Ari Shavit speaks at Integrative Learning Center -

Alex DeSantis continues strong play for UMass men’s soccer as season reaches midway point -

Andrew Ford looks to continue to lead UMass football’s torrid offensive passing attack -

Sunset Grill and Pizza adjusts as a new restaurant in Amherst -

UMass field hockey falls 8-1 to No. 1 UConn -

Offensive-oriented practices hold high hopes for UMass women’s soccer with A-10 opener Thursday -

Hyper-stress on college campuses: a culture of high achievement leads to increased rates of mental illnesses -

Race of candidates should not affect voter turnout -

Students share what keeps them happy during the fall -

Harvest’s millennial-pandering replacement to Chameleon Cold Brew leaves caffeine fans at a loss -

Guide to fall 5K races and beyond -

UMass Votes Coalition hosts voter registration event -

Brettell presents on U.S. immigration policies -

UMass running back Marquis Young looks to build off momentum gained against Mississippi State -

UMass field hockey team seeks revenge against undefeated UConn -

UMass hockey announces captains for 2016-17 season -

Andy Isabella finds his niche within the UMass football offense -

The EpiPen Crisis: How did this happen? -

Tanya’s top picks of the week

Courtesy of Amazon

1. I Don’t Want To Know—Fleetwood Mac—Rumours
So, I know a lot of our parents listen to Fleetwood Mac. I understand that they’re old and not necessarily as known as other older bands. But it’s probably because you have never listened to them. My mom has always been a fan of the Rumours album, which is also their most popular. If you have heard of any album of theirs, then this is the one. My mom gave me this album to put on my iPod right before I left for school this year, and I finally got around to listening to it in depth this week. I kept noticing that “I Don’t Want To Know” was continually getting stuck in my head, and with good reason. The lyrics are relateable to plenty of relationship issues. Though the song is about the relationship between two of the band members, I’m still able to match them up to past relationship experiences of my own. This song just sounds great, too and puts me in a better mood. I definitely endorse discovery of both this song and Fleetwood Mac in general.

2. Lounge Act—Nirvana—Nevermind
I’m not sure where to start with Nirvana. Obviously, we all wish we could’ve heard more from them. I decided to learn about Nirvana after seeing them on VH1’s list of the top 100 music artists of all time. I downloaded Nevermind at VH1’s recommendation. By now, I love every song on that album as well as Nirvana’s sound in general. I found that random verses of “Lounge Act” kept replaying in my mind. The lyrics can be left up to many interpretations, especially seeing as Kurt Cobain had a lot going on in his head. This song is a solid representation of Nirvana’s sound, and if you’re not a fan yet, I highly advise becoming one as soon as possible.

3. Yellow—Coldplay—Parachutes
Coldplay is great for the type of day where you don’t feel up for doing much and just want to listen to relaxing songs. I saw “Yellow” was on sale for $.69 on iTunes last week, and it wasn’t already on my iPod, so I decided to buy it. After listening to it a few times, I came to realize two things: the first being why this song made Coldplay popular in the first place, and second that it was a fantastic bargain purchase. With a pleasant sound and feel-good lyrics, you can’t really go wrong with this song.

Tanya Tanz can be reached for comment at ttanz@student.umass.edu