UMass women’s soccer earns double overtime draw against Central Connecticut -

Friday, September 4, 2015

Offensive struggles continue for UMass men’s soccer team in loss to Columbia -

Friday, September 4, 2015

UMass field hockey pulls off thrilling overtime victory against Northeastern -

Thursday, September 3, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Kicking competition between Blake Lucas, Mike Caggiano nearing decision -

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Adam Liccardi found guilty in UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jackson Porter adapting well following switch to wide receiver -

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Minutemen look for Robert Kitching to anchor defensive line -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Closing arguments delivered in Adam Liccardi rape trial -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Early goals sink UMass men’s soccer in loss to Saint Peter’s -

Monday, August 31, 2015

UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass student Robert Clifford dies in car accident

Courtesy James Coletta facebook.com/ JamesColettaPhotography

A 25-year-old University of Massachusetts student was killed yesterday after sustaining injuries in a car accident, officials said.

Robert Clifford, an Amherst resident who was studying Plant, Soil and Insect Sciences at UMass, died after being involved in the accident, which occurred early yesterday, according to a statement issued by University spokesman Ed Blaguszewski to the Massachusetts Daily Collegian last night.

The statement does not give any further details on the accident or its cause, but according to The Day newspaper, the wreck occurred in the early hours of the morning yesterday on Interstate 95 in East Lyme, Conn. when the car Clifford was traveling in hit a tractor-trailer truck, stationed in the breakdown lane, According to Chris Omasta, the president of the Alpha Tau Gamma fraternity at UMass – which Clifford was a member of – the accident occurred when the driver of the vehicle, who he said was a friend of Clifford, fell asleep at the wheel.

Clifford was pronounced dead yesterday afternoon at the Lawrence & Memorial Hospital in New London, Conn., The Day reported. The driver of the vehicle, whom the newspaper identified as 19-year-old Seymour, Conn. resident Lisa Grzywacz, was also taken to Lawrence & Memorial Hospital and was released yesterday afternoon, the paper reported.

Prior to initiating his studies in Plant, Soil and Insect Sciences, Clifford obtained an associate’s degree in fruit and vegetable crops from the Stockbridge School at UMass, where he graduated from last year, according to the statement issued by Blaguszewski.

And in addition to being a member of the Alpha Tau Gamma fraternity, Clifford was also very active in the UMass EDMC – a group that promotes and organizes electronic dance gatherings – according to Omasta.

“All in all, he was an awesome person,” Omasta said of Clifford in a phone interview with the Collegian last night, adding that Clifford had served as the vice president of the fraternity last school year. “He was a big part of EDMC.”

“He was an absolutely excellent student,” added Omasta of Clifford, who he noted was an honors student at UMass.

Members of the fraternity, Omasta said, were to hold a candlelight vigil in honor of Clifford outside of their house at 9 last night.

– Collegian News Staff