Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan Bamford uses online Q&A session to discuss UMass football conference search, renovation plans, cost of attendance -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Opening statements delivered, first witnesses called in second trial for alleged 2012 gang rape at UMass -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

UMass Board of Trustees approves rise in tuition, student fees -

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Former Minutewoman Quianna Diaz-Patterson named to Puerto Rican national softball team -

UMass rowing’s Jim Dietz inducted into CRCA Hall of Fame -

Jury selection begins Monday in second gang rape trial -

Monday, June 15, 2015

Students turn attention to state legislators as decision on UMass budget looms -

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alumna and next director of Brooklyn Museum Anne Pasternak ‘created her own path’ -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

UMass graduate crowned head of 600-year-old Indian kingdom -

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Committee recommends UMass increase tuition, student fees for in-state undergraduates -

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Gorman Hall resident dies, say University officials

A 21-year-old University of Massachusetts student who was living in Gorman Hall in the Central Residential Area died early Monday, according to UMass officials.

Brett Schiess, of Dover and formerly of Norwood, was enrolled in the Stockbridge School of Agriculture and pursuing an associate’s degree as a fruit and vegetable crops major, said UMass spokesman Ed Blaguszewski. Following a wellness check of his dormitory by the UMass Police Department, Schiess was transported to the Cooley-Dickinson Hospital during the early hours of Monday, where he was pronounced dead. The cause of death is yet to be determined but no foul play is suspected, said Blaguszewski.

Schiess is survived by his parents Reed Schiess and Dawn Greenleaf and his siblings Simone and Collin, according to an obituary found on the website of Thomas & Sons Funeral Home in Walpole. Visiting hours will take place at that funeral home on Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. A funeral service will be held on Saturday at 8 a.m., also at the funeral home. This will be followed by a mass of Christian burial in St. Catherine of Siena Church in Norwood at 9 a.m.

–  Collegian News Staff