Towson stonewalls UMass men’s lacrosse in CAA Championship; Minutemen season ends after 9-4 loss -

Zach Coleman to join former coach Derek Kellogg at LIU Brooklyn -

UMass men’s lacrosse advances to CAA finals courtesy of Dan Muller’s heroics -

On campus: The liberal assault on free speech -

Gorman Hall resident dies, say University officials

A 21-year-old University of Massachusetts student who was living in Gorman Hall in the Central Residential Area died early Monday, according to UMass officials.

Brett Schiess, of Dover and formerly of Norwood, was enrolled in the Stockbridge School of Agriculture and pursuing an associate’s degree as a fruit and vegetable crops major, said UMass spokesman Ed Blaguszewski. Following a wellness check of his dormitory by the UMass Police Department, Schiess was transported to the Cooley-Dickinson Hospital during the early hours of Monday, where he was pronounced dead. The cause of death is yet to be determined but no foul play is suspected, said Blaguszewski.

Schiess is survived by his parents Reed Schiess and Dawn Greenleaf and his siblings Simone and Collin, according to an obituary found on the website of Thomas & Sons Funeral Home in Walpole. Visiting hours will take place at that funeral home on Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. A funeral service will be held on Saturday at 8 a.m., also at the funeral home. This will be followed by a mass of Christian burial in St. Catherine of Siena Church in Norwood at 9 a.m.

–  Collegian News Staff