Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

Gorman Hall resident dies, say University officials

A 21-year-old University of Massachusetts student who was living in Gorman Hall in the Central Residential Area died early Monday, according to UMass officials.

Brett Schiess, of Dover and formerly of Norwood, was enrolled in the Stockbridge School of Agriculture and pursuing an associate’s degree as a fruit and vegetable crops major, said UMass spokesman Ed Blaguszewski. Following a wellness check of his dormitory by the UMass Police Department, Schiess was transported to the Cooley-Dickinson Hospital during the early hours of Monday, where he was pronounced dead. The cause of death is yet to be determined but no foul play is suspected, said Blaguszewski.

Schiess is survived by his parents Reed Schiess and Dawn Greenleaf and his siblings Simone and Collin, according to an obituary found on the website of Thomas & Sons Funeral Home in Walpole. Visiting hours will take place at that funeral home on Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. A funeral service will be held on Saturday at 8 a.m., also at the funeral home. This will be followed by a mass of Christian burial in St. Catherine of Siena Church in Norwood at 9 a.m.

–  Collegian News Staff