Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

Gorman Hall resident dies, say University officials

A 21-year-old University of Massachusetts student who was living in Gorman Hall in the Central Residential Area died early Monday, according to UMass officials.

Brett Schiess, of Dover and formerly of Norwood, was enrolled in the Stockbridge School of Agriculture and pursuing an associate’s degree as a fruit and vegetable crops major, said UMass spokesman Ed Blaguszewski. Following a wellness check of his dormitory by the UMass Police Department, Schiess was transported to the Cooley-Dickinson Hospital during the early hours of Monday, where he was pronounced dead. The cause of death is yet to be determined but no foul play is suspected, said Blaguszewski.

Schiess is survived by his parents Reed Schiess and Dawn Greenleaf and his siblings Simone and Collin, according to an obituary found on the website of Thomas & Sons Funeral Home in Walpole. Visiting hours will take place at that funeral home on Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. A funeral service will be held on Saturday at 8 a.m., also at the funeral home. This will be followed by a mass of Christian burial in St. Catherine of Siena Church in Norwood at 9 a.m.

–  Collegian News Staff