Halloween Movies to Watch

Courtesy of WordPress

It’s that time of year again, when witches, mad scientists, and headless horsemen own the night . Here are five favorite Halloween movies that you will want to check out.

“Hocus Pocus”
300 years ago, in Salem, three witches, known as the Sanderson sisters, were put to death. It is now Halloween night and the witches are brought back to life. It is up to Max, a new boy in town, his sister, Dani, and his friend Allison to save the town from these three magical witches. This fun yet spooky movie keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end!

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”
We all love the peanuts! In this Halloween classic, the gang is back and eagerly waiting for Halloween night. Linus searches for The Great Pumpkin that he believes will bring candy to all as Charlie Brown and Snoopy get ready for their first costume party. If you’re a Charlie Brown fan, you’ll be sure to enjoy this. It is a must-see before Halloween ends!

“Rocky Horror Picture Show”
One dark rainy evening, a couple gets stranded. In desperation, they come across the castle of Dr. Frank-N-Furter. They are unaware, however of the extremely bizarre adventure that awaits them. Embark on a unforgettably insane journey with Brad and Janet as they are bombarded with rock-n-roll, a transvestite, and the creation of a man.

“The Nightmare Before Christmas
Your Halloween will not be complete without watching Tim Burton’s masterpiece. Pumpkin King, Jack Skellington is tired of the same old thing. One night he discovers Christmas and is immediately fascinated by the idea. It is a great holiday film and with an incredibly catchy soundtrack, you will not stop singing along!

“Sleepy Hallow”
Another Tim Burton classic, “Sleepy Hallow,” tells the famous story of the Headless Horseman. Ichabod Crane, played by Johnny Depp, is called to investigate several mysterious murders in the town of Sleepy Hallow. With each victim’s head missing, Crane discovers the tale of the Headless Horseman to be true.

Elizabeth Sinclair can be reached for comment at [email protected].