Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

Quiet beauty roars in ‘Lion’ -

‘Hidden Figures’ is warm and brilliantly inspirational -

Reasons to love November

It’s just about that mid-semester point when everyone starts crashing. Despite the fact many students are tired of school, there is still a month to go. Midterms have just ended, but it is already time to gear up for finals. To top things off, this is when it starts to move away from that wonderful crisp autumn air and into the awful colder weather. In the spirit of this month’s biggest holiday, there are several reasons to be thankful for the month of November.

Too many days off to count

Between Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving, it seems students are given as many days off as they are in classes. Take the time to go do something fun. Escape for a little while. It will take the mind off of November’s stresses, in order to be ready to take on whatever this crazy month has to offer after returning.

Fall food

Autumn cuisine is arguably the best food. Even though Halloween is over, there’s still time for another slice of pumpkin pie (or another pumpkin beer, depending on your taste). Personally, I love Thanksgiving food, too. Cranberry sauce is no less than a tangy, tasty gift from the gods, as long as it’s homemade and not the slimy canned stuff.

Movies

November has a trend of turning out terrific films. Some of my favorites have come out in November, such as “White Nights” (1985), “Amelie” (2001), and my newest addition to the November list, “Anonymous” (2011).

Daylight Savings

We gained an extra hour of sleep with the arrival of November just this past weekend. I don’t think anyone could complain about this one.

The clothing

I love autumn clothes. Summer clothes are designed to do a number on the confidence level of any girl above a size two. Autumn clothing tends to celebrate more sizes by letting everyone look fantastic. The warm colors, boots and light jackets will be some of the fashion highlights of the year.

Don’t let November get you down. It’s not worth it when there is so much to love about this wonderful, second-to-last month of the year.

Alissa Mesibov can be reached for comment at amesibov@student.umass.edu.