UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Ryan Moloney pitches seven scoreless innings as UMass baseball takes series opener from Fordham -

Reasons to love November

It’s just about that mid-semester point when everyone starts crashing. Despite the fact many students are tired of school, there is still a month to go. Midterms have just ended, but it is already time to gear up for finals. To top things off, this is when it starts to move away from that wonderful crisp autumn air and into the awful colder weather. In the spirit of this month’s biggest holiday, there are several reasons to be thankful for the month of November.

Too many days off to count

Between Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving, it seems students are given as many days off as they are in classes. Take the time to go do something fun. Escape for a little while. It will take the mind off of November’s stresses, in order to be ready to take on whatever this crazy month has to offer after returning.

Fall food

Autumn cuisine is arguably the best food. Even though Halloween is over, there’s still time for another slice of pumpkin pie (or another pumpkin beer, depending on your taste). Personally, I love Thanksgiving food, too. Cranberry sauce is no less than a tangy, tasty gift from the gods, as long as it’s homemade and not the slimy canned stuff.

Movies

November has a trend of turning out terrific films. Some of my favorites have come out in November, such as “White Nights” (1985), “Amelie” (2001), and my newest addition to the November list, “Anonymous” (2011).

Daylight Savings

We gained an extra hour of sleep with the arrival of November just this past weekend. I don’t think anyone could complain about this one.

The clothing

I love autumn clothes. Summer clothes are designed to do a number on the confidence level of any girl above a size two. Autumn clothing tends to celebrate more sizes by letting everyone look fantastic. The warm colors, boots and light jackets will be some of the fashion highlights of the year.

Don’t let November get you down. It’s not worth it when there is so much to love about this wonderful, second-to-last month of the year.

Alissa Mesibov can be reached for comment at amesibov@student.umass.edu.