UMass men’s basketball shooting woes continue as the Minutemen fall 65-62 to UCF -

Despite poor shooting performance, UMass men’s basketball shows improvement on defensive end -

Notebook: Ty Flowers shines in UMass men’s basketball’s loss to UCF Saturday -

Ray Pigozzi shines in first game back for the UMass hockey team since November 4 -

UMass starts hot, finishes strong in upset win over No. 12 Notre Dame -

SGA vice president will resign at the end of the semester -

Raise the Flag protestors praise -

Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass women’s basketball falls to Hartford, snaps three-game winning streak -

Brison Gresham makes long awaited debut for UMass men’s basketball -

UMass hockey hosts No. 12 Notre Dame in Hockey East doubleheader -

UMass men’s basketball picks up fourth straight win as it tops Wagner Wednesday night at Mullins Center -

UMass hockey gets chance to bond during trip to Belfast -

The true backbone of America -

Letter: Craig’s Place to fight against fatal budget cuts -

Enduring the 2016 Tower Run at Du Bois Library -

C.J. Anderson, Malik Hines each have career nights in UMass men’s basketball’s win over Wagner -

Panelists talk about their experiences with incarceration in the Feinberg Lecture Series -

Reasons to love November

It’s just about that mid-semester point when everyone starts crashing. Despite the fact many students are tired of school, there is still a month to go. Midterms have just ended, but it is already time to gear up for finals. To top things off, this is when it starts to move away from that wonderful crisp autumn air and into the awful colder weather. In the spirit of this month’s biggest holiday, there are several reasons to be thankful for the month of November.

Too many days off to count

Between Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving, it seems students are given as many days off as they are in classes. Take the time to go do something fun. Escape for a little while. It will take the mind off of November’s stresses, in order to be ready to take on whatever this crazy month has to offer after returning.

Fall food

Autumn cuisine is arguably the best food. Even though Halloween is over, there’s still time for another slice of pumpkin pie (or another pumpkin beer, depending on your taste). Personally, I love Thanksgiving food, too. Cranberry sauce is no less than a tangy, tasty gift from the gods, as long as it’s homemade and not the slimy canned stuff.

Movies

November has a trend of turning out terrific films. Some of my favorites have come out in November, such as “White Nights” (1985), “Amelie” (2001), and my newest addition to the November list, “Anonymous” (2011).

Daylight Savings

We gained an extra hour of sleep with the arrival of November just this past weekend. I don’t think anyone could complain about this one.

The clothing

I love autumn clothes. Summer clothes are designed to do a number on the confidence level of any girl above a size two. Autumn clothing tends to celebrate more sizes by letting everyone look fantastic. The warm colors, boots and light jackets will be some of the fashion highlights of the year.

Don’t let November get you down. It’s not worth it when there is so much to love about this wonderful, second-to-last month of the year.

Alissa Mesibov can be reached for comment at amesibov@student.umass.edu.